SP4 - Bud Norris
SP5 - Brian Moehler
CL - Matt Lindstrom
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,153

Re: Astros Spring Training Thread 

Post#2 » by RaoulDuke79 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:36 am

So when are they going to start televising some of these games on FSN or somewhere I can actually watch? I'm anxious to see how Felix and Manzella look defensively, and how Brett Myers looks, and how Norris is improving.

It should be a pretty solid defensive team this year, with the exception of Lee of course. That also assumes they can actually stay healthy, but we know Matsui and Berkman will miss tons of games so that won't happen.

I also want to see how the bullpen looks because I really am not familiar with half of these guys.

EDIT: Okay, it looks like they'll be showing the games vs the Tigers on the 18th, the Yankees on the 20th, the Cardinals on the 22nd, and then the final exhibition game at MMP against Toronto on April 3rd. I'll have to tune in and see how they look!

It sucks they open the season against the Giants, even if it's here at home. The Giants always kick our ass when they come to town it seems.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#3 » by RaoulDuke79 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:25 pm

Ugh, so it begins.

KISSIMMEE, Fla. — Astros first baseman Lance Berkman will have arthroscopic surgery Saturday to remove loose particles from his left knee and could miss opening day.

Berkman was examined today by team physician Dr. David Lintner, who was making his scheduled trip to the Astros’ spring training complex. Lintner will be present as Dr. David Crumbie performs the surgery early Saturday morning at the Florida Hospital in Kissimmee.

Berkman will likely be out two to four weeks, putting the April 5 season opener in jeopardy.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/spo ... 10174.html

Can't say I'm surprised at all. Hopefully he will actually be able to play a relatively healthy, productive season, but I have pretty much zero confidence in that these days. Obviously it's still early and doesn't appear to be anything major but the guy is getting up there in years. He's such an important part of the lineup, it's going to be impossible to be remotely competitive without him.

Apparently Blum will be the main option at first, with Keppinger getting some time as well.

Go Lastros!
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#4 » by RaoulDuke79 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:02 pm

Paulino is pretty terrible. I think it will be another year of Moehler as our fifth starter. Ugh.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#5 » by RaoulDuke79 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:52 am

Damn. I saw a new post and it was just spam. How sad.

It's going to be a looooooooooooong season.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#6 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sat Apr 3, 2010 5:54 pm

TWO MORE DAYS!*

*until the slaughter of my precious team begins!

:(

Still, I love opening day so I'm looking forward to it, then after the first week I can be bored of baseball again and look forward to the Texans!
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#7 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sat Apr 3, 2010 8:24 pm

What an amazingly bad team.
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#8 » by TMU » Sat Apr 3, 2010 8:57 pm

RaoulDuke79 wrote:What an amazingly bad team.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Zero games played, and you have already given up your team?

Looks like Matt Lindstrom is the clear-cut closer of the team. He's got some real closer's stuff with a great fastball with a slider and a change-up. Wish the Mets still had him. :(
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#9 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sat Apr 3, 2010 10:49 pm

I haven't given up on them, just being realistic. I don't think they'll finish last when it's all said and done, but I just don't see enough talent to win more than 75 games, and I'm not confident Berkman and Oswalt can stay healthy enough.

We'll see. It's a long season and it has yet to start. That's the good thing about exhibition games is they don't really mean anything.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#10 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sun Apr 4, 2010 8:50 am

So I joined a public Yahoo league just for the hell of it and this is my team for the moment:

C: Yadier Molina
1B: Ryan Howard
2B: Dan Uggla
SS: Stephen Drew
3B: Pablo Sandoval
OF: B.J. Upton/Matt Kemp/Mark DeRosa
Util: Aramis Ramirez(screw you Cubs)/Jose Lopez
Bench: Adam Laroche/Ian Desmond/Alberto Callaspo/Drew Stubbs

Pitchers:

Zack Greinke
Ubaldo Jimenez
Matt Cain
Gavin Floyd
Johnny Cueto

Joakim Sora
Jose Valverde
Rafael Soriano

I know, a severe lack of Lastros on that roster but that's okay, I feel like it's a pretty decent team for now.
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#11 » by TMU » Mon Apr 5, 2010 3:48 am

RaoulDuke79 wrote:So I joined a public Yahoo league just for the hell of it and this is my team for the moment:

C: Yadier Molina
1B: Ryan Howard
2B: Dan Uggla
SS: Stephen Drew
3B: Pablo Sandoval
OF: B.J. Upton/Matt Kemp/Mark DeRosa
Util: Aramis Ramirez(screw you Cubs)/Jose Lopez
Bench: Adam Laroche/Ian Desmond/Alberto Callaspo/Drew Stubbs

Pitchers:

Zack Greinke
Ubaldo Jimenez
Matt Cain
Gavin Floyd
Johnny Cueto

Joakim Sora
Jose Valverde
Rafael Soriano

I know, a severe lack of Lastros on that roster but that's okay, I feel like it's a pretty decent team for now.

What?!?! Not even a single Met on your team? Where's Carlos Beltran? :)

Your team is nice. Strong depth at 2B and 3B. I think you can afford to upgrade your SS by trading one of A-Ram/Panda/Jose Lopez/Uggla. I personally would shop Uggla.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#12 » by RaoulDuke79 » Mon Apr 5, 2010 6:10 am

Someone offered me Cano for Upton and I had to refuse. I like Cano, but I think Upton will have a big year and I'd be left with very little OF depth.

I want to trade Aramis(stupid worthless dirty Cubs) and Uggla, but I'm not that worried about it right now. I will be patient, especially since I don't care that much about fantasy baseball anyways these days.

Panda goes nowhere. I don't trade bears for anything, unless it's a wallaby.

Return to Houston Astros