Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

pass first
Head Coach
And1: 763

Re: How valuable is Stephen Curry? 

Post#81 » by pass first » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:46 pm

Coxy wrote:
Sid the Squid wrote:
Khoee wrote:there hasn't been a player as markatable as Curry since Magic...Stern loves him to death...
LB said Curry's the only player he'd pay to see. Expect Brown and the other top tier coaches to hold of on other job oppurtunities until the situation here plays out.

Wow, the overhype is in full swing. Maybe Curry won't get ROY afterall, maybe he'll get MVP?

Not yet.. in a couple of years.. :wink:
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#82 » by old rem » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:13 am

JMac1 wrote:Warrior fans= like players stats, tanking, and potential, not playoffs or wins!!

Check out Amare "bad knees" and all on Sunday night 7:30 pm TNT, IN THE PLAYOFFS!!

More concerned about having a future than the last shift of the temporary help. Anyhow, lets see who's winning next year.
CENSORED... No comment.
old rem
RealGM

Post#83 » by old rem » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:16 am

BW32 wrote:I really really hope this thread never becomes bump worthy.

so far...you're in luck.
CENSORED... No comment.
old rem
RealGM

Post#84 » by old rem » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:28 am

Khoee wrote:Curry had the worst supporting cast in NBA history last year...and he still managed to put up 18/6/5 and won 6-7 more games than we would have w/o him...wait til you see what he does with players who can actually play...

We played plenty of teams with worse players...but 5 or 6 more of them. :sigh:
CENSORED... No comment.
Ragyl12
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#85 » by Ragyl12 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:44 pm

Steph curry is a Skilled player.Even though he does play in nelson's system,that doesn't mean his numbers are because of nelson's system.The kid's a talented scorer,he's a terrific shooter and he's also crafty.He also has terrific court vision,have you forgotten this pass?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU-o1vgJ8DU[/youtube]

Chasing for that loose ball while also keeping track of where corey maggette is,isn't something anyone can do.Maybe he's not as promising as tyreke evans or maybe brandon jennings.But he's definitely gonna be something special
Khoee
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#86 » by Khoee » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:29 pm

skill level is an overlooked aspect of a players game and can often times compensate for other things such as lack of athletic ability when someone's basketball skills are off the charts...skill being defined as having a genius basketball IQ which allows you to (a) see things develop at a faster rate than others and (b) react to them just as quickly...

examples include Bird, Magic, Stockton, Sabonis, Nash, and Curry...there may be others but those are the names that come to mind...

Skill level is also a difficult thing to scout...see: Morrison and Dunleavy who are both below average players vs. Curry who's a superstar...
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#87 » by Mylie10 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:34 pm

Khoee wrote:skill level is an overlooked aspect of a players game and can often times compensate for other things such as lack of athletic ability when someone's basketball skills are off the charts...skill being defined as having a genius basketball IQ which allows you to (a) see things develop at a faster rate than others and (b) react to them just as quickly...

examples include Bird, Magic, Stockton, Sabonis, Nash, and Curry...there may be others but those are the names that come to mind...

Skill level is also a difficult thing to scout...see: Morrison and Dunleavy who are both below average players vs. Curry who's a superstar...

Funny you mention skill level and then totally disregard Cousins. His skill level is off the charts.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Khoee
Banned User

Post#88 » by Khoee » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:41 pm

skilled big men make great basketball playes like Webber and Sabonis...you guys see Cousins pass out of a double team and lose your minds...
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#89 » by Mylie10 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:54 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-yCp9I85aE[/youtube]

You've probably seen this one, but pay attention to the skills (such as the 3 point shot, dribbling on the break, passing on the break, etc.).

I agree that it's just a High School game, but the skills are undeniable.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Khoee
Banned User

Post#90 » by Khoee » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:58 pm

we're not defining skill the same way...I'm talking about basketball IQ...Cousins moves around great for someone his size...very few players in the NBA can move like he does at that size but the level of his basketball IQ remaines to be seen...
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#91 » by Mylie10 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:04 pm

Khoee wrote:we're not defining skill the same way...I'm talking about basketball IQ...Cousins moves around great for someone his size...very few players in the NBA can move like he does at that size but the level of his basketball IQ remaines to be seen...

Then say Bball IQ. Because skill doesn't = IQ

I haven't seen DeMarcus' SAT scores yet or his college transcripts, so I'll wait on that.

But I agree with you that Steph's Bball IQ is off the charts.
Khoee wrote “
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#92 » by Mylie10 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:06 pm

Put it this way Khoee,

If Curry was on that Kentucky team, they win the title. The only thing Kentucky lacked was a big time shooter and a smart guy handling the ball. I think Wall will be damn good, but Steph shoots better than anyone who was in that tourney.
Khoee wrote “
Khoee
Banned User

Post#93 » by Khoee » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:07 pm

semantics...IQ is part of skill IMO...what made Bird so great?...his skill as defined by his genius bball IQ...
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#94 » by Mylie10 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:09 pm

Khoee wrote:semantics...IQ is part of skill IMO...what made Bird so great?...his skill as defined by his genius bball IQ...

Steven Hawkins and Patrick O'Bryant disagree
Khoee wrote “
Khoee
Banned User

Post#95 » by Khoee » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:11 pm

I'm off to talk to my doorknob...
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#96 » by Mylie10 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:15 pm

Khoee wrote:I'm off to talk to my doorknob...

I hope you can keep up with the convo.
Khoee wrote “
a8bil
Analyst
And1: 1,674

Post#97 » by a8bil » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:26 pm

Mylie, skills of Cousins are undeniable...but are they relevant? Most of those highlights go towards showing he could be a point-power forward at the high school level, with the ability to face up his man on the perimeter... Questionable whether he'll be able to do that at the NBA level, but the unanswered question is: What are his skills in the paint with his back to the basket? Those are the skills that NBA teams will be drafting him for... . I've heard he's got great footwork, but I'ld like to see it with Howard, or Duncan or Boozer or any number of NBA defenders draped on him.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#98 » by Mylie10 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:46 pm

a8bil wrote:Mylie, skills of Cousins are undeniable...but are they relevant? Most of those highlights go towards showing he could be a point-power forward at the high school level, with the ability to face up his man on the perimeter... Questionable whether he'll be able to do that at the NBA level, but the unanswered question is: What are his skills in the paint with his back to the basket? Those are the skills that NBA teams will be drafting him for... . I've heard he's got great footwork, but I'ld like to see it with Howard, or Duncan or Boozer or any number of NBA defenders draped on him.

Before I had ever watched this tape (which was only recently) I had watched a ton of Kentucky games. And the first time I noticed him and put him on my radar was last year McDonalds game.

So while watching Kentucky I was very impressed with his interior post skills. Back to the basket. Foot work. Drawing fouls and contact. Passing out of double and triple teams. Scoring around the basket.

On defense I noticed that he isn't the greatest help defender, but man defense is fine. He can play D against the big guys.

The video in which I showed Khoee was to show a skill level that wan'ts exactly evident at Kentucky, because his role had changed. The fact that he didn't run the break in college shows that he's willing to adapt to his coaches wishes.

Khoee mentiuoned passing out of a double team as a reason guys were getting excited. But to me, that tape shows that he has way more in the tool box than what he showed at Kentucky.
Khoee wrote “
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#99 » by Sid the Squid » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:12 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Put it this way Khoee,

If Curry was on that Kentucky team, they win the title. The only thing Kentucky lacked was a big time shooter and a smart guy handling the ball. I think Wall will be damn good, but Steph shoots better than anyone who was in that tourney.
Greatest team this century if Steph was running the show...lol at Wall ever being as good as Steph is right now.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#100 » by Coxy » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:43 am

Khoee wrote:I'm off to talk to my doorknob...

:rofl2:

Return to Golden State Warriors