ImageImageImageImageImage

ESPN BS Report rumour: Bosh for Bynum already done?

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Rhettmatic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,547

ESPN BS Report rumour: Bosh for Bynum already done? 

Post#1 » by Rhettmatic » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:21 pm

On the BS Report today, Bill Simmons and Marc Stein kicked around some things they'd heard around the league. These are just rumours, and unsubstantiated ones at that.

Simmons claimed that he had heard from a "very connected person" who heard from another "very connected person" that the Bosh-Bynum deal is done. Actually done, already agreed upon. Even he seemed a bit skeptical.

Stein, meanwhile, said he's heard whispering about a Bosh-David Lee deal. He says it makes no sense for the Raptors with Bargnani already here, but says that the Raptors are "pretty big David Lee fans."

Here's the link:

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/player?rd= ... =ESPNRADIO

(Talk begins around 46:55)

Just to emphasize, this is absolutely just a rumour. Even the guys on the podcast acknowledge that.
Sig by the one and only Turbo_Zone.
mattk
Senior
And1: 0

Re: ESPN BS Report rumour: Bosh for Bynum already done? 

Post#2 » by mattk » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:23 pm

should i be worried?
C3SIUM
Starter
And1: 693

Post#3 » by C3SIUM » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:26 pm

Worried? I'd be happy with Bynum, sign and trade Shannon and brown to make everything work out...
Raptorzzs
Senior
And1: 834

Post#4 » by Raptorzzs » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:26 pm

Turbo_zone, we need new David_Lee_fans sigs asap.
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,534

Post#5 » by C_Money » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:26 pm

Bosh wouldn't go to the Knicks so that Lee rumour is out. The Lakers already have a Bosh type player in Gasol. They're front court would be as soft as ours with both of them starting.
Calderon
Banned User
And1: 199

Post#6 » by Calderon » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:28 pm

C_Money wrote:Bosh wouldn't go to the Knicks so that Lee rumour is out. The Lakers already have a Bosh type player in Gasol. They're front court would be as soft as ours with both of them starting.

Bosh might go to the Knicks. Bosh doesn't fit in very well with the Lakers right now, but if they could get him for Bynum, I think they would.
junot111
General Manager
And1: 2,813

Post#7 » by junot111 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:29 pm

he's not a great fit but that much talent is just guaranteed to succeed. I think they're fed up with Bynum's inconsistent play
kwamebargnani
General Manager
And1: 2,479

Post#8 » by kwamebargnani » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:30 pm

Welcome to Toronto Mr.Bynum. But David Lee, you sir can stay in NY.
Volcano
RealGM
And1: 7,780

Post#9 » by Volcano » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:30 pm

Didn't Lakers feed that rumour to the media last time just to give Bynum a kick in the butt?
kedineking
Senior

Post#10 » by kedineking » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:32 pm

Rhettmatic wrote:On the BS Report today, Bill Simmons and Marc Stein kicked around some things they'd heard around the league. These are just rumours, and unsubstantiated ones at that.

Simmons claimed that he had heard from a "very connected person" who heard from another "very connected person" that the Bosh-Bynum deal is done. Actually done, already agreed upon. Even he seemed a bit skeptical.

Stein, meanwhile, said he's heard whispering about a Bosh-David Lee deal. He says it makes no sense for the Raptors with Bargnani already here, but says that the Raptors are "pretty big David Lee fans."

Here's the link:

Just to emphasize, this is absolutely just a rumour. Even the guys on the podcast acknowledge that.

wow so BC is already trying to move bosh and not everyone else.i guess he really doesnt want to make bosh happy this team is going know where we just going to keep adding on contract :roll: . i really have never felt this low about being a Toronto Raptor team this is a joke. we dont need players we need to try and add Turkoglu or Calderon in the deal and get expired cotracts. this team needs to start over so why not expire contract and draft picks
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,534

Post#11 » by C_Money » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:34 pm

Why would Bosh go to the Knicks? He wants to win. If he wanted to live in a nice city he would stay in Toronto.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,448

Post#12 » by dagger » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:36 pm

kedineking wrote:
Rhettmatic wrote:On the BS Report today, Bill Simmons and Marc Stein kicked around some things they'd heard around the league. These are just rumours, and unsubstantiated ones at that.

Here's the link:

wow so BC is already trying to move bosh and not everyone else.i guess he really doesnt want to make bosh happy this team is going know where we just going to keep adding on contract :roll: . i really have never felt this low about being a Toronto Raptor team this is a joke. we dont need players we need to try and add Turkoglu or Calderon in the deal and get expired cotracts. this team needs to start over so why not expire contract and draft picks

If Bosh has privately told BC he's not re-signing, there is nothing that is going to placate him. I don't like the idea of Lee - a very nice player but not for our system - but I would be down with Bynum.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
kedineking
Senior

Post#13 » by kedineking » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:37 pm

is BC this stupid to make the lakers even better. does BC want to win the championship because if he does this real even a old kobe would be good enough to win more championship. all he would be needed is to hit game winners if need be. BC is a f'n joke of a GM.
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,460

Post#14 » by DG88 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:37 pm

Because it's a rumour I'll take it with a grain of salt. I still want my Houston sign and trade.
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,853

Post#15 » by Alfred » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:38 pm

This would be my dream come true. Andrew Bynum is absolutely enormous and he can play basketball pretty well too.

Did I mention that he's a really large person?
kedineking
Senior

Post#16 » by kedineking » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:38 pm

C_Money wrote:Why would Bosh go to the Knicks? He wants to win. If he wanted to live in a nice city he would stay in Toronto.

maybe because his girl lives there
dagger
RealGM

Post#17 » by dagger » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:39 pm

C_Money wrote:The Lakers already have a Bosh type player in Gasol. They're front court would be as soft as ours with both of them starting.

Somehow, Bynum isn't the difference on that team between soft and tough. And Bosh has more talent in more areas.

If I were the Lakers, I'd rather trade Artest and/or Odom for a backcourt upgrade, but Bosh for Bynum gives the Lakers a dependable focus player to keep the Lakers relevant during Kobe's declining years.
Rhettmatic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,547

Post#18 » by Rhettmatic » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:41 pm

Just to add, Simmons weighed in by talking about watching Andrew Bynum in person. He compared the way he moves to Greg Oden, and said he couldn't imagine Bynum playing 15 years (he contrasted him with Serge Ibaka, whom he called a "horse.")

Bynum's injuries completely freak me out but the talent is definitely there.
Sig by the one and only Turbo_Zone.
dagger
RealGM

Post#19 » by dagger » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:42 pm

kedineking wrote:
C_Money wrote:Why would Bosh go to the Knicks? He wants to win. If he wanted to live in a nice city he would stay in Toronto.

maybe because his girl lives there

I don't know about you, but if I was signing a $133 million contract - after having made tens of millions - and I wanted to be on an immediate contender, I'd tell my NY girlfriend to either get her ass on out to LA or Houston or get an unlimited cell phone plan.

It's never a good idea to make a life changing decision based on being close to a woman who isn't your wife.

Let her move.
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,853

Post#20 » by Alfred » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:42 pm

Rhettmatic wrote:Just to add, Simmons weighed in by talking about watching Andrew Bynum in person. He compared the way he moves to Greg Oden, and said he couldn't imagine Bynum playing 15 years (he contrasted him with Serge Ibaka, whom he called a "horse.")

Bynum's injuries completely freak me out but the talent is definitely there.

I don't see it. Bynum is a fluid athlete. Maybe he slows down at the end of his career, but he doesn't move like an old man.

He is a superfreak.

Return to Toronto Raptors