ImageImageImage

Bosh in South Beach

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

dwadefan92_3
Banned User
And1: 0

Bosh in South Beach 

Post#1 » by dwadefan92_3 » Thu May 20, 2010 3:05 am

ok ppl i was just at a restaurant called wet willis in south beach and i just saw Chris Bosh there with VIP eating with some friends watching the lakers-suns game, is Bosh really commiting on coming to Miami? That's pretty cool he's hanging out in Miami ppl look out for him he might stay!!!1
cheenofly523
Starter
And1: 86

Re: Bosh in South Beach 

Post#2 » by cheenofly523 » Thu May 20, 2010 3:41 am

Let him enjoy the city scene. It'll make him want to join Miami even more.
miamiballer
General Manager
And1: 1,519

Post#3 » by miamiballer » Thu May 20, 2010 3:56 am

yeah bosh loves miami

seriously, its so ridiculously obv hes coming here...not only does he love the city but he has a chance to contend with d wade...its a no brainer

bosh will commit to mia and well trade beasley, cook, future pick for him

well then have wade, bosh, and 17 mil in cap to play with....that money can go to.lebron, amare, joe johnson or role players
LEIF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 921
Location: Charleston, SC. Born and raised in The City of North Miami.

Post#4 » by LEIF » Thu May 20, 2010 3:56 am

dwadefan92_3 wrote:ok ppl i was just at a restaurant called wet willis in south beach and i just saw Chris Bosh there with VIP eating with some friends watching the lakers-suns game, is Bosh really commiting on coming to Miami? That's pretty cool he's hanging out in Miami ppl look out for him he might stay!!!1

why didnt you ask him? you could have dropped a verse on him like u did DWade. :lol:

Follow me on Twitter @Lefty_Leif
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#5 » by RJM » Thu May 20, 2010 4:51 am

While I know that Bosh is all but locked into this team come July, how is it that ESPN isn't wetting themselves over this news? They swore Lebron was a Chicago Bull based off of reports of him being seein in the Chicago area, so why not this for Bosh-Miami. :nonono:
Seven
Freshman
And1: 3

Post#6 » by Seven » Thu May 20, 2010 5:25 am

Iceburg Slim wrote:While I know that Bosh is all but locked into this team come July, how is it that ESPN isn't wetting themselves over this news? They swore Lebron was a Chicago Bull based off of reports of him being seein in the Chicago area, so why not this for Bosh-Miami. :nonono:

Because one is in the top 5 most marketable and popular players in all of sports in this country and the other is Chris Bosh?
Miamis3rdRing
Banned User
And1: 131

Post#7 » by Miamis3rdRing » Thu May 20, 2010 6:20 am

Yeah LeBron is the media darling, but I am surprised Bosh isn't getting more press. Aside from Wade, and LeBron..he's easily the 3rd best FA option out there. You'd think he'd be getting some hype.
MartyConlonJr
General Manager
And1: 2,430

Post#8 » by MartyConlonJr » Thu May 20, 2010 6:21 am

If we do the trade miamiballer suggests of bosh for beasley, cook, future pick, I think 2 separate trades could be worked out. (I am not sure that we need to give up Beas to get Bosh but anyway)...

Beasley + Jones + 3 mill in cash for Bosh
Cook + 41st pick + 3 mill cash for conditional 2nd rounder (three way trade where if anyone wants Cook, they can have him for cap space).

This way we add James Jones to the deal and pay off his contract for Toronto (they'll be over the cap anyway for the duration of Jones contract which they will waive). As payoff they get the additional 41st pick. Something like that.
CoolD
Lead Assistant
And1: 971

Post#9 » by CoolD » Thu May 20, 2010 6:35 am

I actually think the best way at getting Bron.
Is by taking away the Bosh and LeBron to New York option away from him.
So if Riles can get Wade and Bosh on board as fast as possible, then Bron's options in a basketball sense, would be, stay a Cav, go Bulls with Rose, Noah, New York and hope mangememt pulls a miracle, rebuilding that would take a couple years.
Or come to the Heat with Wade and Bosh.

Basketball sense tells me, Heat looks like the better deal, but knowing how LeBron has such a big ego, the docile personality of Derrick Rose, might draw him to the Bulls.

But if we snag Bosh right away, we take a lot of LeBron's options off the table, if you can't beat them you might as well join them.
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,088

Post#10 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Thu May 20, 2010 7:35 am

MartyConlonJr wrote:If we do the trade miamiballer suggests of bosh for beasley, cook, future pick, I think 2 separate trades could be worked out. (I am not sure that we need to give up Beas to get Bosh but anyway)...

Beasley + Jones + 3 mill in cash for Bosh
Cook + 41st pick + 3 mill cash for conditional 2nd rounder (three way trade where if anyone wants Cook, they can have him for cap space).

This way we add James Jones to the deal and pay off his contract for Toronto (they'll be over the cap anyway for the duration of Jones contract which they will waive). As payoff they get the additional 41st pick. Something like that.

But to trade Jones in a deal for Bosh, it would come after June 30th, which is the deadline to waive Jones. So we can'd do that, at least not with Toronto.

If we want to lose JJ, we have to deal him soon to a team under the cap. Our options are limited. Otherwise, the team that takes him on is going to have to take on his full salary.
miamiballer
General Manager
And1: 1,519

Post#11 » by miamiballer » Thu May 20, 2010 11:03 am

i want to trade away JJ but i think its going to be very difficult to find a taker for him and to do the deal before june 30...i mean well prob try but im prepared to just take the 2 mil hit and move on
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#12 » by HIF » Thu May 20, 2010 11:06 am

Can we trade the 2m hit?
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,088

Post#13 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Thu May 20, 2010 12:27 pm

HIF wrote:Can we trade the 2m hit?

Not positive on this, but based on the talk I've seen about it on the trade board, I believe the answer is no. Since we technically are waiving the player, there isn't anything left for us to actually trade.
HeatSince88
Veteran
And1: 12

Post#14 » by HeatSince88 » Thu May 20, 2010 1:10 pm

You guys really believe this poster?

Just hours after he started two separate "Let's Sign Dirk" and "Let's Sign Amare" threads, he coicincidentally saw Bosh out at a restaurant and started a ""We're Getting Bosh" thread? What are the odds?

And on top of that, he said Bosh was watching the Lakers game, and when the poster started this thread, the Lakers game was still on. Late 3rd quarter, if memory serves. Wow, you must have rushed home and turned on your computer really quick, rather than taking your time at that South Beach restaurant you were visiting...

Bosh does hang out in Miami, we know that. But sorry bro, I don't believe your story.
salqaddoumi
Lead Assistant
And1: 7

Post#15 » by salqaddoumi » Thu May 20, 2010 1:41 pm

I'm not buying this, Bosh is in his hometown of Dallas right now. He's mentioned it on twitter. And he was talking about going to a Drake concert last night and that concert was in Dallas and not Miami.
Teddy Bruckshut
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#16 » by Teddy Bruckshut » Thu May 20, 2010 1:42 pm

I can prove that OP is lying but I don't feel like going out of my way to do so.

Have fun in your glorious moment.
Lane1974
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25

Post#17 » by Lane1974 » Thu May 20, 2010 2:03 pm

LeBron was over my house for dinner, but my talking dog started choking, and when I gave him the Heimlich maneuver, the food shot into LeBron's esophagus and he passed out. I then lost my job at the Quahog Toy Factory.
G.cracker
Head Coach
And1: 958

Post#18 » by G.cracker » Thu May 20, 2010 2:43 pm

To HS88's point, if I'm Chris Bosh, I sure as hell am not hanging out at Wet Willie's. It's an open air bar that serves $5 alcoholic slushies. He'd be at a more exclusive venue in a VIP area with bottle service is my guess. And it was rainy last night too. Sounds fishy.
I'm like Global Warming, you can't ignore me.
salqaddoumi
Lead Assistant
And1: 7

Post#19 » by salqaddoumi » Thu May 20, 2010 2:45 pm

It's not just fishy, it's completely made up. Someone lock this topic.
Lane1974
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25

Post#20 » by Lane1974 » Thu May 20, 2010 2:46 pm

I had Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudamire, Carlos Boozer, AND Chris Quinn at my house 3 nights ago. Something weird happened, and we all became possessed and sang "Day-O" by Harry Belafonte. Then the shrimp cocktails knocked us off our chairs. Video proof below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IqCNXC2OSg

Return to Miami Heat