ImageImageImage

A Rumor That Would Change It All

engageTHEmasses
Senior
And1: 206

A Rumor That Would Change It All 

Post#1 » by engageTHEmasses » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:32 pm

Hi Caps fans!

There's a rumour floating out there that's getting some legs now that Wash. has hinted that Semin is on the market.

Basically, it's a deal that would send Semin to NJ for Brodeur, with a few variations including Varlamov.

The thinking is this: the Caps need a more disciplined system and could use that steady goaltending as well. Getting Brodeur instantly makes them a contender (more so than they already are, obviously), adds some veteran leadership, and changes the atmosphere in the locker room a bit.

Since Brodeur only has a few years left in him, and his spot in the front office of New Jersey is cemented once his playing career ends, it's a nice move to let him have another serious run.

Jersey, meanwhile, gets a sharp young talent to play alongside Kovalchuk, whom they desperately want to resign... with Kovi, Semin, and Parise, New Jersey suddenly becomes one of the most dangerous offensive units in the league.

Adding a young Varlamov to the mix is a bonus as well-- it's a team full of potential, the fans certainly can't complain, and Brodeur comes back to end his career/join the front office.

For the Caps, I would see this move paying off with two Cup appearances in the next three years.

What do you guys think?
===========
The Boy wrote:
trick wrote:Slavery was also an old-time tradition...

wtf bruh

Derrick Rose wrote:They're saying us and Golden State are the super teams.
Scabs304
General Manager
And1: 38

Re: A Rumor That Would Change It All 

Post#2 » by Scabs304 » Wed Jul 7, 2010 9:21 am

Hahaha no one really here, but this is laughable. No way we trade for Brodeur and especially not giving up Semin in the process. Is there a chance he won't be around next season cause of the contract issues. Yes, but no way we trade him for a rental in itself. If Semin gets shipped it will be for young players.
I am Scabs.
Weiwuer
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#3 » by Weiwuer » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:12 am

Lol, a rumor fabricated by Eklund.
No more choking.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#4 » by TNBT » Sun Mar 6, 2011 12:47 pm

I'm a fan of the Hawks and Caps, and there is no way in hell the Caps would do that trade. At this point in his career, trading for Brodeur is really only trading for a fill-in for a year or two. He's a shadow of the player he was at his peak. I see no reason why the Caps would give up TWO young stars for ONE old, virtually washed up former superstar.

As Weiwuer said though, it's probably just some more BS from Eklund.

Return to Washington Capitals