ImageImageImage

Berkman and Oswalt

czarleon09
Sophomore
And1: 0

Berkman and Oswalt 

Post#1 » by czarleon09 » Fri May 7, 2010 3:11 pm

Now that Lance has said he is willing to waive his no trade clause do you think the Astros...I'm sorry I meant to say Lastros should actively try to trade him? Should they see if Roy O is willing to waive his no trade clause?
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,153

Re: Berkman and Oswalt 

Post#2 » by RaoulDuke79 » Fri May 7, 2010 4:36 pm

I have always been torn on this one because I want to see them both retire as Astros, but the team is horrible and is going nowhere and they deserve better. I'd like to see them have a chance to compete in the postseason, and I think we could get some good value for both of them(especially Oswalt) if we were to trade them.

I wouldn't be shocked to see that actually happen this year, although it would be quite sad to see them go.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#3 » by TMU » Mon May 10, 2010 12:52 pm

The Astros are getting nowhere, and they're exactly in the same spot as they were last season. I feel the Astros should have traded them last year. Roy has been pitching well this season, and his stock is at an all-time high.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#4 » by RaoulDuke79 » Mon May 10, 2010 1:36 pm

We need to somehow get rid of Lee as well. I'm all for shipping them out, especially with the "retirement" comments. Give me a break. If that's how they feel because the team is losing and they just want to take their money and go home, then let someone else have them and give us some good value in return while we can get it.

I'd really hate to see Berkman and Oswalt on another team, but I think it's in the best interest of the team and for them. This team is clearly at the bottom and the best thing to do is get whatever possible value we can and move forward, which I agree is something we should have already done. I feel like our stupid owner is always expecting that we'll make another amazing second half run to get to the postseason, but it is not going to happen. Every time I tune in it seems like the place is pretty empty as well, and I hope that continues. I'd love to see Drayton lose money and respectability as an owner and a franchise until he finally realizes he needs to make some drastic changes(or sell the team, even better!).

It's so sad seeing how bad the Astros have become.

While we're at it, let's ship Richard Justice out of town as well. The guy is pathetic.

Good talk.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
Moreyball
Junior

Post#5 » by Moreyball » Fri May 14, 2010 4:58 pm

Lee would be extremely hard to trade because of his contract and low productivity and also the retirement comments don't help matters. Teams are going to be reluctant giving up top prospects for a guy who may only play a year or two.

I would trade Oswalt and hopefully Berkman gets it going and they can move him too.
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets

Post#6 » by TMU » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:43 pm

Time to revive this board.

What's the latest news on Berkman and Oswalt? Do you think they will be traded this season?
Initially, I hoped the Mets would trade for Oswalt, but after seeing Takahashi and Dickey pitch well, I don't see a need for Oswalt.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#7 » by RaoulDuke79 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:06 pm

I'm only replying so you don't feel lonely TMU, but otherwise this disgrace of a franchise doesn't deserve the 30 seconds it takes to post here.

Trade everybody and wake me up in 3 years when they're not pathetic anymore.

:( :( :( :( :( :(
zapatasblood
General Manager
And1: 580

Post#8 » by zapatasblood » Mon Jul 5, 2010 11:36 pm

Moreyball wrote:Lee would be extremely hard to trade because of his contract and low productivity and also the retirement comments don't help matters. Teams are going to be reluctant giving up top prospects for a guy who may only play a year or two.

I would trade Oswalt and hopefully Berkman gets it going and they can move him too.

Well then don't try and get prospects. Try and get one prospect and it does not have to be a A level prospects. Find someone that would take on that contract and get a B level prospect and a bunch a trash. We need to get him out of here not because he seems like he is on the downfall but there some good players in AAA that play the outfield. We need to see what they can do by giving them some at bats in the majors
Light beer is for pregnant woman and children
"How sweet it is!" -Gene Peterson
And you never once paid for drugs Not once
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets

Post#9 » by TMU » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:44 am

Trade Oswalt to the Mets!
zapatasblood
General Manager
And1: 580

Post#10 » by zapatasblood » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:16 pm

T-Mac United wrote:Trade Oswalt to the Mets!

I may want Oswalt to be traded but not the Mets or any team in the NL and definitely not the Rangers. Since I am a fan of both the Twins and Rays I would like to see Oswalt in one of their uniforms. I would just be to painful to see Owsalt in Minutemad park on the mound in another NL or Texas team uniform. Plus the Rays and Twins have a lot of prospects.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#11 » by RaoulDuke79 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:35 am

Oswalt to the Cardinals? Really? Trading him within our own division doesn't make me too happy. I wonder what St. Louis would give up for him.
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets

Post#12 » by TMU » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:00 pm

Seriously, why the Cardinals?
KiDdFrESh
General Manager
And1: 46

Post#13 » by KiDdFrESh » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:42 pm

T-Mac United wrote:Trade Oswalt to the Mets!

I'd love that as I'm a Mets fan as well.

But if we do trade him to St. Louis than we need to make sure that we get Jarred Bogany in return. He's in the Cards minor league system and is from Houston, TX. My boi in High School. We need some talent in the minors. He hasn't done much but he was incredible in High School and also dominated for team USA back in the day.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#14 » by RaoulDuke79 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:16 pm

So long Oswalt, you will be greatly missed. I don't know enough about the players we're getting to judge the value of the trade but it was time to finally let him go and get something in return for him, so I'm glad it's done. Still, best pitcher to ever wear an Astros uniform(YES, THE BEST, THAT'S RIGHT).

:(

I guess I have to pull for Philly in the East now. Sorry TMU!
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets

Post#15 » by TMU » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:06 pm

RaoulDuke79 wrote:So long Oswalt, you will be greatly missed. I don't know enough about the players we're getting to judge the value of the trade but it was time to finally let him go and get something in return for him, so I'm glad it's done. Still, best pitcher to ever wear an Astros uniform(YES, THE BEST, THAT'S RIGHT).

:(

I guess I have to pull for Philly in the East now. Sorry TMU!

:x at Raoul.

Oswalt is a class act, and I'm sure the Astros will miss his presence. But why the Phillies? :(

:x at the Astros.
czarleon09
Sophomore

Post#16 » by czarleon09 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:42 pm

Sorry TMU but I gotta side with Raul on this one. The Astros needed to make a trade and Oswalt is one of maybe 4 player worth anything in a trade.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#17 » by RaoulDuke79 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:07 pm

As to why the Phillies, that's obvious. It's because Ed Wade is incompetent and can only deal with his former team.

As much as I would hate to see Lance go, he needs to go as well. And Lee if possible. It's time to rebuild, or past time I should say.

I would love to have seen both of those guys retire as Astros, but I'd rather see them have a chance to compete on a real team and get some talent in return than see them wasting away in this mediocre organization until they can't play anymore. Although I'm not sure how much of a demand there is for Lance at this stage in his career.

It's not too late to become a Phillies fan TMU!

:)
czarleon09
Sophomore

Post#18 » by czarleon09 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:50 pm

The Astros sound like a car dealership commercial these days.

"We will not be undersold. We have a 2010 Berkman, Rodriguez, and Myers for sale. These are terrific ball players here folks so come on in to the Houston Astros Tent sale"
rs4playniuwa
Ballboy

Post#19 » by rs4playniuwa » Tue May 22, 2012 1:53 am

The building Lord really invincible, thought very have routines.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
You may also like:Rs Gold|Diablo 3 Gold
Hamyltowne
Banned User
And1: 53

Post#20 » by Hamyltowne » Fri Jul 6, 2012 1:57 am

rs4playniuwa wrote:The building Lord really invincible, thought very have routines.

I googled this sentence after reading it four times on this board.

Google results for "The building Lord really invincible, thought very have routines."

Dude gets busy.

Return to Houston Astros