ImageImageImageImageImage

Bucher speculates whether Bosh too media-friendly

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Anatomize
General Manager
And1: 6,167

Re: Ric Bucher - Miami has concerns Bosh isn't all about winning 

Post#21 » by Anatomize » Fri Jul 2, 2010 3:52 pm

It's weird how many of you are attacking Bosh personally because you're unhappy he's leaving for another team?

Calling him a giraffe and other silly **** is downright childish.. he didn't exactly give up on our franchise while he was here.. if you were offered a job elsewhere with better circumstances would it not be awkward if your co-workers started booing you and calling you names because you chose to work elsewhere? Sports landscape..
RoleModel
Analyst
And1: 5,701

Post#22 » by RoleModel » Fri Jul 2, 2010 3:53 pm

I think they are doing this because they want Bosh to hurry up and sign. If he keeps listening to other offers he may reconsider. This could leave Miami without him, Stoudamire, or Boozer.
heemer
Veteran
And1: 14

Post#23 » by heemer » Fri Jul 2, 2010 3:53 pm

I don't like this trend to full media, global-icon, branding stuff from basketball players. Just play ball
Morena R
Analyst
And1: 1
Location: Born in Santo Dominigo,Dominican Rep, But I Go To School In Toronto

Post#24 » by Morena R » Fri Jul 2, 2010 3:54 pm

Anatomize wrote:It's weird how many of you are attacking Bosh personally because you're unhappy he's leaving for another team?

Calling him a giraffe and other silly **** is downright childish.. he didn't exactly give up on our franchise while he was here.. if you were offered a job elsewhere with better circumstances would it not be awkward if your co-workers started booing you and calling you names because you chose to work elsewhere? Sports landscape..

As I stated, I don't blame him leaving I would to. But their is a classy way of leaving.
MacGill
Veteran
And1: 466

Post#25 » by MacGill » Fri Jul 2, 2010 3:54 pm

Well Bosh has made it clear here that he wants to win but maybe 'Miami' doesn't think he is fully worth the max and are looking to see (head games) if he signs for less to have a good shot at winning?? You have to wonder though Wade is a proven winner and will get the max, maybe the JJ & RG signings are putting some perspective here. I remember Shaq saying I do not know how we won that championship with all the partying this team did....are they questioning could he check his ego at the door? Again if this is a legit source!
Ari_Emanuel
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,835

Post#26 » by Ari_Emanuel » Fri Jul 2, 2010 3:54 pm

Smells like BS.

If you are going to say that about Bosh, the same thing must be applied about Lebron. For God's sake, I've heard as much about Lebron's desire to become a billionaire and icon as winning in general. Plus, he is the one who tried to orchestrate a "free-agency tour" and would have done it had he not gotten backlash.
neurotik wrote:
Raps Maniac wrote:
Risk101 wrote:Inb4 the ass jokes.

But that's his downside.

No thats his backside.

Lowry's upside is mental and psychological.
Air-Canada
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#27 » by Air-Canada » Fri Jul 2, 2010 3:54 pm

anywhere bosh goes, he will get the max tho..he can tweet all he wants..end of the day, its all talk..
( in need of a V. Carter sig :( )
All-Time Greatest Raptor: Vince Carter in his PRIME
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,039

Post#28 » by bstein14 » Fri Jul 2, 2010 3:55 pm

I guess the only reason Miami would really let this info come out would be that they feel he is leaning towards NY or Chicago. This way it doesn't look like they lose out on Bosh if they decide to go in a different direction. Either that, it was a concern that Miami had that wasn't supposed to be leaked but Bucher had an inside source.
toka
Junior

Post#29 » by toka » Fri Jul 2, 2010 3:55 pm

Haha from the team that helped name a county after Wade so they can keep him.

This is such an obvious tactic trying to decrease interest from other teams on Bosh and possibly lowball him.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,579

Post#30 » by Fairview4Life » Fri Jul 2, 2010 3:56 pm

bstein's been known to troll around here before fellas. I wouldn't mind a little confirmation first.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Morena R
Analyst

Post#31 » by Morena R » Fri Jul 2, 2010 3:56 pm

Ari_Emanuel wrote:Smells like BS.

If you are going to say that about Bosh, the same thing must be applied about Lebron. For God's sake, I've heard as much about Lebron's desire to become a billionaire and icon as winning in general. Plus, he is the one who tried to orchestrate a "free-agency tour" and would have done it had he not gotten backlash.

You can't compare Lebron to Bosh.

Lebron IS a MAX player. Some could argue that CB isn't, I personally don't think so.
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#32 » by whysoserious » Fri Jul 2, 2010 3:56 pm

I can't wait till Bosh signs somewhere and is a key cog in a winning team. Then people around here will have nothing to do but look at our organization and it's mistakes throughout Bosh's tenure here and not simply blame Bosh for everything and then ripping him as he leaves.
Boner Champ
Bench Warmer
And1: 8

Post#33 » by Boner Champ » Fri Jul 2, 2010 3:57 pm

Ari_Emanuel wrote:Smells like BS.

Lebron's on-court performance tells a different story.

And he is probably worth $25 mill/year while Bosh is only questionably worth the max.
baulderdash77
Lead Assistant
And1: 235

Post#34 » by baulderdash77 » Fri Jul 2, 2010 3:58 pm

Bosh has totally changed his personality over the past 180 days, he's not the same guy anymore.

So I can see the concern that a team would have with him since he's very much about the number of Twitter followers right now.

I wonder if he can really handle top level US media coverage.

That being said, he's still going to get his max. If Miami won't accomodate him then New York or Chicago will.
Morena R
Analyst

Post#35 » by Morena R » Fri Jul 2, 2010 3:58 pm

whysoserious wrote:I can't wait till Bosh signs somewhere and is a key cog in a winning team. Then people around here will have nothing to do but look at our organization and it's mistakes throughout Bosh's tenure here and not simply blame Bosh for everything and then ripping him as he leaves.

Agreed. I'm not pissed at the fact that Bosh is leaving. Some people still feel that it's Bosh's fault.

But he is being a total media w*ore and it's pathetic.
Ari_Emanuel
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,835

Post#36 » by Ari_Emanuel » Fri Jul 2, 2010 3:59 pm

"@jadande Good reminders today of why Twitter should be used primarily for entertainment purposes. Some fugazy stuff floating around out there"

LOL i'm not jumping on the bash-a-bosh bandwagon cuz I think its pathetic, but Adande could be referring to Bosh.

:lol:

haven't heard "fugazy" since Jay-z's In My Life Time Vol 1
neurotik wrote:
Raps Maniac wrote:
Risk101 wrote:Inb4 the ass jokes.

But that's his downside.

No thats his backside.

Lowry's upside is mental and psychological.
WalterCronkite
Rookie
And1: 106

Post#37 » by WalterCronkite » Fri Jul 2, 2010 3:59 pm

Morena R wrote:
whysoserious wrote:I can't wait till Bosh signs somewhere and is a key cog in a winning team. Then people around here will have nothing to do but look at our organization and it's mistakes throughout Bosh's tenure here and not simply blame Bosh for everything and then ripping him as he leaves.

Agreed. I'm not pissed at the fact that Bosh is leaving. Some people still feel that it's Bosh's fault.

We get it.....That is like the third time you have told us this much. You are not blaming him for leaving, but don't like the way he is doing it. Point taken :roll:
Jimmy Chitwood
Sophomore

Post#38 » by Jimmy Chitwood » Fri Jul 2, 2010 4:00 pm

I'm turned off like everyone else by Bosh's media whoring, but I don't see that as a reflection of him not being focused on winning. Say what you want about the guy, but once the regular season starts, he plays his heart out.
Morena R
Analyst

Post#39 » by Morena R » Fri Jul 2, 2010 4:01 pm

WalterCronkite wrote:
Morena R wrote:

We get it.....That is like the third time you have told us this much. You are not blaming him for leaving, but don't like the way he is doing it. Point taken :roll:

Nice to know that you are up my c*it.

Grow up.
Macho
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,422

Post#40 » by Macho » Fri Jul 2, 2010 4:01 pm

Bosh is a douche.

Return to Toronto Raptors