ImageImageImageImageImage

Bucher speculates whether Bosh too media-friendly

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

carlosey
General Manager
And1: 2,051

Re: Ric Bucher - Miami has concerns Bosh isn't all about winning 

Post#41 » by carlosey » Fri Jul 2, 2010 4:01 pm

Bosh tries too hard to turn NBA bball into some sort of entrepreneurship aimed at making him a celebrity. There is no surprise people are starting to question wether he wants to win or not.

Hes an idiot for not thinking a potential employer was going to look into his behaviour leaving here.
Ari_Emanuel
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,835

Post#42 » by Ari_Emanuel » Fri Jul 2, 2010 4:02 pm

Morena R wrote:
whysoserious wrote:I can't wait till Bosh signs somewhere and is a key cog in a winning team. Then people around here will have nothing to do but look at our organization and it's mistakes throughout Bosh's tenure here and not simply blame Bosh for everything and then ripping him as he leaves.

Agreed. I'm not pissed at the fact that Bosh is leaving. Some people still feel that it's Bosh's fault.

But he is being a total media w*ore and it's pathetic.

Bosh was a media whore long before free agency started and no one had a problem with it then. Its now that the US market cares about his web activity and the fact that he's leaving that's making everyone around here so upset. It's called separation anxiety.
neurotik wrote:
Raps Maniac wrote:
Risk101 wrote:Inb4 the ass jokes.

But that's his downside.

No thats his backside.

Lowry's upside is mental and psychological.
Carlos Rogers
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#43 » by Carlos Rogers » Fri Jul 2, 2010 4:02 pm

Frank Isola from the New York Daily News was saying the exact same thing about Bosh on
Twitter the other day....

No NBA Free Agent has acted as Silly as Bosh has on Twitter
Morena R
Analyst
And1: 1
Location: Born in Santo Dominigo,Dominican Rep, But I Go To School In Toronto

Post#44 » by Morena R » Fri Jul 2, 2010 4:03 pm

Ari_Emanuel wrote:
Morena R wrote:
whysoserious wrote:I can't wait till Bosh signs somewhere and is a key cog in a winning team. Then people around here will have nothing to do but look at our organization and it's mistakes throughout Bosh's tenure here and not simply blame Bosh for everything and then ripping him as he leaves.

Agreed. I'm not pissed at the fact that Bosh is leaving. Some people still feel that it's Bosh's fault.

But he is being a total media w*ore and it's pathetic.

Bosh was a media whore long before free agency started and no one had a problem with it then. Its now that the US market cares about his web activity and the fact that he's leaving that's making everyone around here so upset. It's called separation anxiety.

Not as much as now.
TMMC
Banned User

Post#45 » by TMMC » Fri Jul 2, 2010 4:03 pm

If he ends up like VC, TMAC, Mighty Mouse and Camby you may be waiting a long time
[SJJ]
General Manager
And1: 3,222

Post#46 » by [SJJ] » Fri Jul 2, 2010 4:03 pm

His tweeting doesn't bother me near as much as its bothering other posters - He's not a raptor anymore, so... meh
3thomas
Sixth Man
And1: 214

Post#47 » by 3thomas » Fri Jul 2, 2010 4:04 pm

bstein14 wrote:Ric Bucher on ESPN News just said that he's heard from people within the Miami organization is having some "second thoughts on giving Bosh a max contract" because of his behavior since becoming a FA. He's seemed more into the media attention and "brand building" and less concerned with the basketball side of things.

You read this and wonder, if truely they said something like this to someone who they are dying to sign. It just explains why they cant get anyone of prominance to sign with them.
They haven't even inked the guy and they already are pushing him out. Great star and keep up the good work Pat, Zo and Co. hopefully you'll end up with wade and Beasley (if at all) just like you started.
MarcusFenix
Junior
And1: 7

Post#48 » by MarcusFenix » Fri Jul 2, 2010 4:04 pm

Miami doing damage control.
douggood
General Manager
And1: 5,320

Post#49 » by douggood » Fri Jul 2, 2010 4:05 pm

Ari_Emanuel wrote:Smells like BS.

If you are going to say that about Bosh, the same thing must be applied about Lebron. For God's sake, I've heard as much about Lebron's desire to become a billionaire and icon as winning in general. Plus, he is the one who tried to orchestrate a "free-agency tour" and would have done it had he not gotten backlash.

not really, we have heard first hand from bosh. everything we have heard about lebron has been second hand(so we dont know if its true or not), he himself has been very quiet about everything. bosh on the other hand, has hosted radio shows in ny, twittered, gone on espn, and has been very open about what he is doing.
WalterCronkite
Rookie
And1: 106

Post#50 » by WalterCronkite » Fri Jul 2, 2010 4:05 pm

TMMC wrote:

If he ends up like VC, TMAC, Mighty Mouse and Camby you may be waiting a long time

He will end up like them, because of the media and bandwagon fans. If a group of 10 guys boo Bosh, the rest of the crowd will follow, sorta like zombies.
TMMC
Banned User

Post#51 » by TMMC » Fri Jul 2, 2010 4:06 pm

WalterCronkite wrote:
TMMC wrote:

He will end up like them, because of the media and bandwagon fans. If a group of 10 guys boo Bosh, the rest of the crowd will follow, sorta like zombies.

No I mean like them in wanting to leave Toronto to win only to never win a thing and become washed up bums on multiple teams...
Volcano
RealGM
And1: 7,780

Post#52 » by Volcano » Fri Jul 2, 2010 4:06 pm

Morena R wrote:
Ari_Emanuel wrote:Smells like BS.

If you are going to say that about Bosh, the same thing must be applied about Lebron. For God's sake, I've heard as much about Lebron's desire to become a billionaire and icon as winning in general. Plus, he is the one who tried to orchestrate a "free-agency tour" and would have done it had he not gotten backlash.

You can't compare Lebron to Bosh.

Lebron IS a MAX player. Some could argue that CB isn't, I personally don't think so.

ahh..so only max players are allowed to attention whore and focus on the brand more than the game
MikeM
General Manager
And1: 9,878

Post#53 » by MikeM » Fri Jul 2, 2010 4:07 pm

Anatomize wrote:It's weird how many of you are attacking Bosh personally because you're unhappy he's leaving for another team?

Calling him a giraffe and other silly **** is downright childish.. he didn't exactly give up on our franchise while he was here.. if you were offered a job elsewhere with better circumstances would it not be awkward if your co-workers started booing you and calling you names because you chose to work elsewhere? Sports landscape..

Just change teams. Don't be a bitch about it.
Ari_Emanuel
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,835

Post#54 » by Ari_Emanuel » Fri Jul 2, 2010 4:07 pm

Bosh's antics may very well be "fugazy", but at the end of the day, the team the adds him to their team that already has another all-star is going to sky rocket up the power charts. Bottom line. That team that signs him just needs to decide whether they are willing to accept a tool in the organization in exchange for a a crack at the NBA finals.
reez87
Senior
And1: 17

Post#55 » by reez87 » Fri Jul 2, 2010 4:08 pm

Anatomize wrote:It's weird how many of you are attacking Bosh personally because you're unhappy he's leaving for another team?

Calling him a giraffe and other silly **** is downright childish.. he didn't exactly give up on our franchise while he was here.. if you were offered a job elsewhere with better circumstances would it not be awkward if your co-workers started booing you and calling you names because you chose to work elsewhere? Sports landscape..

I agree the name calling is a bit much but we are not his co-workers.. Instead Bosh is on the Board of Directors of a company who didn't perform so well and we are shareholders in this organization. And now that he is leaving unfinished business so he can work for a company who in great financial standing with loads more potential.... And he's doing it in an unclassy way.

I actually want Bosh to leave but I can see why people are pissed with him..
whiterasta80
Analyst
And1: 10

Post#56 » by whiterasta80 » Fri Jul 2, 2010 4:08 pm

Not surprising,

Miami is the smallest market contending for the big 3. If Bosh asked about anything other than basketball their answer would be "um, we have sun". Probably just damage control.
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,674

Post#57 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Fri Jul 2, 2010 4:08 pm

This way if he doesn't go to heat, it's because he wasn't committed to winning, not because Heat wouldn't pay him. Riley needs to realize CB doesn't owe him anything, just becasue he thinks he has a good idea. Riley just trying to get him to take less.
darth_federer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 922

Post#58 » by darth_federer » Fri Jul 2, 2010 4:08 pm

darth_federer wrote:Proof because this sounds fake.

Profanity wrote:This is why I question a Canadian team in our league. it's a govt conspiracy trina to sell all our milk to Russia. They let the raptors participate to not let canadians demand crossing taxes. it will backfire one day.
novi13
Banned User

Post#59 » by novi13 » Fri Jul 2, 2010 4:08 pm

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Trax416
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#60 » by Trax416 » Fri Jul 2, 2010 4:09 pm

Man, Raptor fans are acting like imature woman. Attacking Bosh because he made you sad :( :cry:

Grow up people.

Bosh busted his ass for this joke of a franchise since he was a rookie. The Franchise let him down, not the other way around. They gave him joke teams to work with and he tried his best. He got NO attention from the American media at all, and is finally getting some, and enjoying it.

I also find it hard to believe this was said on ESPN at all. Considering of all the free agents, Bosh has been the MOST SILENT. The only reason you guys think he has been in the spotlight the most is because you are following him like stalkers.

Wade is filming a documentary, James is plastered all over ESPN. Bosh has tossed out a couple tweets, big **** deal.

Return to Toronto Raptors