ImageImageImageImageImage

CP3 Mad; Curry's Stock Hot = Good Time to Trade

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 363

CP3 Mad; Curry's Stock Hot = Good Time to Trade 

Post#1 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Sat Jul 3, 2010 7:22 pm

Since a lot of you aren't too sold on Curry being a legit player (meaning starter, and more of a 6th player). I see this trade working. Chris Paul has shown a lot of frustration in New Orleans for their lack of initiatives going after good players in this FA. So, why not get rid of Curry now (after he had a successful rookie year, and his stock remains high) for the disgruntled CP3? Here's the breakdown of the trade (would have thrown in CJ Watson and/or Morrow to the mix, but their contract has yet to be determined):

GSW Trades: Curry + Biedrins + Radmanovic + B. Wright
NOH Trades: C. Paul + David West
http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=5590299

Why GSW: We get a true PG who can flourish in Nellie's system (or wait until the new ownership, fire Nellie and his monkeys, and hire Kevin Pritchard as GM, and hire either Jeff Van Gundy or Paul Silas as our new head coach). David West, though not your typical banger inside, can add the scoring punch at the PF.

Why NOH: They get a pretty good developing player in Curry, and I think he will be a solid player in the NBA for years to come. Biedrins, though had a down year due to injury and his immaturity, can bounce back and be your double-double machine. Radmanovic struggled to keep his game consistent, but can probably flourish in another city/environment. And B. Wright still has a tremendous upside; a make or break season for him (but worth the risk).

Starting 5 (GSW):

PG: CP3/Watson/C. Bell
SG: Ellis/Morrow/R. Williams
SF: Azubuike/R. Williams/D. George
PF: D. West/Udoh/Turiaf
C: A. Randolph/Gadzuric/C. Hunter

Starting 5 (NOH):

PG: D. Collison
SG: Curry/M. Thornton
SF: P. Stojakovic/J. Posey/J. Wright
PF: Okafor/B. Wright/D. Songaila/I. Diogu
C: Biedrins/S. Marks/A. Gray
Spencer56
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: CP3 Mad; Curry's Stock Hot = Good Time to Trade 

Post#2 » by Spencer56 » Sat Jul 3, 2010 7:54 pm

Id do it, but Im a Warrior fan.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#3 » by Sleepy51 » Sat Jul 3, 2010 7:55 pm

First,
There's aren't "a lot" of people who think Curry can't be a starting PG. There's one. Only one.

But yes, you trade Curry for Chris Paul if it doesn't cost you too much else. Curry may indeed be special, but it's unlikely that he will be more special than Paul.

But I'd prefer to keep Dre and West out of it. West is poop.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Spencer56
Ballboy

Post#4 » by Spencer56 » Sat Jul 3, 2010 8:02 pm

I love Steph but Paul is way more valuable, and would take much more to get.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#5 » by shazam_guy » Sat Jul 3, 2010 8:03 pm

Any plan where we exchange a good little man for another good little man who's older better have some other equalizers in it for us.

And I echo what Sleepy said: almost everyone on this board is very happy with Curry going forward and think he's our long-term starter at the 1. Just because you have one guy shouting the opposite at the top of his lungs doesn't mean he gets more votes.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst

Post#6 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Sat Jul 3, 2010 8:13 pm

I think if most teams have paid attention to how Curry performed down the stretch at the end of the season (rather than the politics, stats, etc. behind it), they'd look him for consideration. NOH management would do this since--like most organizations--they would rather ship a player (even their star player) out who's not happy with the direction (for example, Captain @$$crack). If CP3 truly expresses his discomfort/dislike of what they're doing--or lack there of, GSW should definitely jump to this ASAP.

Plus, as mentioned for the billionth time, a new ownership is going to surface soon enough. IF (and a big IF) we hire both Kevin Pritchard as our GM and either Jeff Van Gundy or Paul Silas as our new coach, and acquire CP3, we'd have 3 of the most brilliant and smart people in this organization in long time.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#7 » by Sleepy51 » Sat Jul 3, 2010 8:16 pm

shazam_guy wrote:Any plan where we exchange a good little man for a BETTER little man who's older you have to give it serious consideration.

Fixed it.

Don't get it twisted. Curry is not Chris Paul. Maybe he can get there, but Paul is who he will be chasing. Anytime you walk away from a trade with the best player you can feel good about it.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst

Post#8 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Sat Jul 3, 2010 8:31 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:
shazam_guy wrote:Any plan where we exchange a good little man for a BETTER little man who's older you have to give it serious consideration.

Fixed it.

Don't get it twisted. Curry is not Chris Paul. Maybe he can get there, but Paul is who he will be chasing. Anytime you walk away from a trade with the best player you can feel good about it.

Amen, brotha! I think this is certainly where we have to look to invest in for the long haul in a really good player like CP3. And you don't get too many All-star players this frustrated, and--on top of that--might consider seeking for a trade (outside the FA of Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Amare, Boozer, and the rest who you know aren't going to NOH to help him.).
gswhoopsman
Pro Prospect
And1: 3

Post#9 » by gswhoopsman » Sat Jul 3, 2010 8:50 pm

of course you move curry+rad+wright for paul if its on the table, but why would cp3 be any happier here?
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,798

Post#10 » by floppymoose » Sat Jul 3, 2010 8:56 pm

A healthy cp3 in a warriors uni would be the consensus number 1 draft in fantasy leagues. It would just be unfair to anyone who didn't land the first pick.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst

Post#11 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Sat Jul 3, 2010 8:56 pm

gswhoopsman wrote:of course you move curry+rad+wright for paul if its on the table, but why would cp3 be any happier here?

Because his current team is filled with grandpas, underachievers, and others that can't make a name for themselves.
bay2hk
Pro Prospect
And1: 40

Post#12 » by bay2hk » Sat Jul 3, 2010 8:56 pm

Paul and Ellis would work a lot better than Curry/Ellis. Remember the 2007 rookie game when Paul was throwing rocks at Ellis. The only problem is that Paul only has two years left on his contract and he will demand a very high contract. Paul could leave if things don't work out while we can lock Curry up for at least six years.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#13 » by and1GS » Sat Jul 3, 2010 9:03 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:First,
There's aren't "a lot" of people who think Curry can't be a starting PG. There's one. Only one.

But yes, you trade Curry for Chris Paul if it doesn't cost you too much else. Curry may indeed be special, but it's unlikely that he will be more special than Paul.

Yes, yes, and yes.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
RunMCR
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#14 » by RunMCR » Sat Jul 3, 2010 9:27 pm

I'd do that in a heartbeat. Curry is nice and all, but yeah..not even close to Paul..

Plus Paul throwing lobs to Monta and Randolph makes my d very w
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#15 » by and1GS » Sat Jul 3, 2010 9:47 pm

your d very w? WTF? Your dick very wet? Odd.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Khoee
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#16 » by Khoee » Sat Jul 3, 2010 9:56 pm

Curry's the only reason Paul would come here so he couldn't be included in the deal...no brainer otherwise...give them anyone they want besides Curry and use Ellison to make a run at LeBron in. 2013...
endlessraine
Senior

Post#17 » by endlessraine » Sat Jul 3, 2010 10:50 pm

Spencer56 wrote:I love Steph but Paul is way more valuable, and would take much more to get.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi ... last_week/

Blazers almost had it with that deal. Curry is far more superior than any of those players from the Blazers.

GSW Trades: Curry + Biedrins + Radmanovic + B. Wright
NOH Trades: C. Paul + David West

Maybe
GSW: Curry, Biendris, B.Wright, and Azu
NOH: C.Paul, Peja
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#18 » by Coxy » Sun Jul 4, 2010 12:04 am

I for 1, do not want to let Steph go until we see him for another year or 2. He could absolutely turn out to be a very similar player to a very recent 2 time MVP in Nash of the Steven variety. He played a full rookie year with Me Me Monta and a bunch of bigs that resembled a bunch of old dirty mops in a cupboard. I want to keep the same plan right now and see what Steph can develop into as he truly is a special kid.

PG is the least of our issues right now. If you going to look for a deal try upgrading our C position first. That Latvian is on my heavy-scrutiny watch list right now. If he spikes his hair incorrectly I will notice and come down on him like a brick shathouse.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#19 » by old rem » Sun Jul 4, 2010 12:13 am

Sleepy51 wrote:First,

West is good...but West is not a CENTER and I'm not yet sold that Randolph or Udoh is. C Paul is maybe 6-0 in thick socks. This makes Ellis as a small SG a REAL problem.

I kind of hate to ASSUME all the best of C Paul translates over to GSW. What WILL carry over is the Salary impact of Paul + West. Meanwhile,the Hornets NEED a face of the franchise guy to sell tickets until they can dump all those crap contracts they have.
CENSORED... No comment.
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#20 » by BW32 » Sun Jul 4, 2010 12:14 am

If the knee checks out you do it. IMO it's a no-brainer, it's not like Paul is some 30 year old vet.

Return to Golden State Warriors