Giants sign Keith Bulluck

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

bishnykfan
Knicks Forum Game Commish
And1: 13,570

Giants sign Keith Bulluck 

Post#1 » by bishnykfan » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:29 am

http://football.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ ... h_bulluck/

Looks like the Giants have found their replacement for Antonio Pierce at MLB. I didn't realize Bulluck was still available. Great low risk high reward signing by Reese. I loved Bulluck in Tennessee.
All-Time Draft

PG- Oscar Robertson/Bob Cousy
SG- Earl Monroe/James Harden/Dana Barros
SF- Billy Cunningham/Michael Finley/Chet Walker
PF- Elvin Hayes/Dolph Schayes/Tom Chambers/Danny Manning
C- Walt Bellamy/Neil Johnston/Darryl Dawkins
hobojoe2131
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Re: Giants sign Keith Bulluck 

Post#2 » by hobojoe2131 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:31 pm

love the signing. As you said low risk high reward. If he rehabs from his injury well we may have found the steal of the offseason
^ MP creation
NYStateOfMind23
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#3 » by NYStateOfMind23 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:27 pm

Good signing. Can help groom the young lbs on the team.
Wu-Tang is forever!
nykgeneralmanager
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 306

Post#4 » by nykgeneralmanager » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:08 pm

This can be a huge signing. More than just a talented LB, he can fill an even more important role as the passionate leader.
hobojoe2131
Assistant Coach

Post#5 » by hobojoe2131 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:11 pm

My only concern is he is undersized for a MLB and is coming off a serious injury. He needs to show he can play MLB full time in camp.
^ MP creation
Knick Swisher
Head Coach
And1: 334

Post#6 » by Knick Swisher » Sun Aug 1, 2010 8:35 pm

hobojoe2131 wrote:love the signing. As you said low risk high reward. If he rehabs from his injury well we may have found the steal of the offseason
krustytheclown
Lead Assistant
And1: 8

Post#7 » by krustytheclown » Mon Aug 2, 2010 7:24 am

man i always loved watching him play for tenn glad to see hes with us now even if hes past his prime he can teach goff, dillard, kehl and even someone like boley A LOT
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#8 » by mjhp911 » Sat Aug 7, 2010 4:57 am

I like the move and like what he's been saying, so far. But the proof will be in the pudding. It remains to be seen how effective he can be on the field.
I_Love_NYK
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#9 » by I_Love_NYK » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:38 pm

He has been out of the MLB position for a while, and he was used as a OLB in Tennessee. However he was a MLB in college and he is one of the smartests LB in the league. The only concern about him is recovering from injury and so far so good.

6'3 235 is just about right for a MLB also.
hobojoe2131
Assistant Coach

Post#10 » by hobojoe2131 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:49 pm

I_Love_NYK wrote:He has been out of the MLB position for a while, and he was used as a OLB in Tennessee. However he was a MLB in college and he is one of the smartests LB in the league. The only concern about him is recovering from injury and so far so good.

6'3 235 is just about right for a MLB also.

It's actually a little undersized. I have some concerns about how well he'll do at the point of attack.
^ MP creation
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,494

Post#11 » by cgf » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:56 pm

I loved Bulluck in his prime, he was one of the most under-rated defenders in the NFL and one of the very best 4-3 WILL's around. At this point though I just can't see him beating out Jonathon Goff for the starting MIKE spot. I think he'll be a great vet to have around and I want him and Boley as our Nickel linebackers, but I don't think he's going to be a starter for us coming off of that ACL with that lack of bulk and our iffy DT situation. If Joseph breaks out sooner than expected, Canty stays healthy all year, Bernard shows that he's not washed up and was just injured last year and Alford recovers better than expected from his ACL tear, I wouldn't mind Bulluck as the starting MIKE but if all of that doesn't happen and we throw Bulluck out there we'll get run all over. Like any job being an NFL MIKE is a tough transition and having an experienced and respected vet to turn to for advice makes that so much easier. That's why Bulluck is here, to make sure Goff has a great year.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Return to New York Giants