ImageImageImageImageImage

Giants trade picks for Rosenfels, Reynaud

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

Al n' Perk No Layups!
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Giants trade picks for Rosenfels, Reynaud 

Post#1 » by Al n' Perk No Layups! » Sat Sep 4, 2010 4:26 am

The Giants gave up a 2011 fifth-round draft pick and a conditional 2012 selection based on how much Rosenfels plays, and they also received running back/kick returner Darius Reynaud in the deal. New York has been seeking a kick returner since Domenik Hixon suffered a season-ending knee injury during an offseason practice.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... _headlines

I'm more interested in Reynaud than Rosenfels. If Reynaud works out as a return man (he was pretty good in MIN), this will be a great deal for us.
hobojoe2131
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Re: Giants trade picks for Rosenfels, Reynaud 

Post#2 » by hobojoe2131 » Sat Sep 4, 2010 9:13 am

Jerry Reese for president.
^ MP creation
bishnykfan
Knicks Forum Game Commish
And1: 13,599

Post#3 » by bishnykfan » Sat Sep 4, 2010 11:44 am

I actually liked Bomar and thought he showed a lot of potential and considering Eli's ability to stay healthy, I really don't think that Sage was at all necessary. Especially considering his salary and the fact that Minny was looking to dump his salary.

I honestly don't know much about Reynaud, but looking him up he was pretty good on punt returns last year. If he becomes a reliable and better then average return man and fills that area of need, then giving up a fifth rounder will be worth it.
All-Time Draft

PG- Oscar Robertson/Bob Cousy
SG- Earl Monroe/James Harden/Dana Barros
SF- Billy Cunningham/Michael Finley/Chet Walker
PF- Elvin Hayes/Dolph Schayes/Tom Chambers/Danny Manning
C- Walt Bellamy/Neil Johnston/Darryl Dawkins
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,760

Post#4 » by cgf » Sat Sep 4, 2010 7:22 pm

bishnykfan wrote:I actually liked Bomar and thought he showed a lot of potential and considering Eli's ability to stay healthy, I really don't think that Sage was at all necessary. Especially considering his salary and the fact that Minny was looking to dump his salary.

I honestly don't know much about Reynaud, but looking him up he was pretty good on punt returns last year. If he becomes a reliable and better then average return man and fills that area of need, then giving up a fifth rounder will be worth it.

I would've been cool with Bomar, but Rosenfels could come in for a game or two and not loss it for us while Bomar's so young you wouldn't know what to expect. As for Reynaud, I haven't seen him since college but he was incredibly quick and we've need a returner.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
I_Love_NYK
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#5 » by I_Love_NYK » Sun Sep 5, 2010 2:28 am

The giants lacked a good return man since Hixon was injured for the year. Tim Brown failed at it, and although Aaron Ross showed signs, he is much more valuable at the nickle back, same as Manningham at the slot receiver.

Return to New York Giants