ImageImageImageImageImage

SOTD: All Stats from Phoenix game

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

BorisDK1
Assistant Coach
And1: 240

SOTD: All Stats from Phoenix game 

Post#1 » by BorisDK1 » Thu Oct 7, 2010 5:13 pm

All the standard individual efficiency metrics are available from last night's game here, in .pdf format. This gives all the individual's offensive efficiency numbers, all the Project Defensive Score Sheet numbers, the Net Points data, and the team Four Factors info. I would have posted this in the Game Thread, but I see it's been locked already.

The download is free, secure and fast.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,442

Re: SOTD: All Stats from Phoenix game 

Post#2 » by Fairview4Life » Thu Oct 7, 2010 5:14 pm

BorisDK1 wrote:All the standard individual efficiency metrics are available from last night's game here, in .pdf format. This gives all the individual's offensive efficiency numbers, all the Project Defensive Score Sheet numbers, the Net Points data, and the team Four Factors info. I would have posted this in the Game Thread, but I see it's been locked already.

FYI: There's also a post game thread that stays stickied until the next game starts. Although I am all for this being it's own thread.

Edit: or there usually is, but doesn't seem to be this time.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
SDM
RealGM
And1: 947

Post#3 » by SDM » Thu Oct 7, 2010 5:21 pm

LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Post#4 » by LittleOzzy » Thu Oct 7, 2010 5:22 pm

BorisDK1 wrote:All the standard individual efficiency metrics are available from last night's game here, in .pdf format. This gives all the individual's offensive efficiency numbers, all the Project Defensive Score Sheet numbers, the Net Points data, and the team Four Factors info. I would have posted this in the Game Thread, but I see it's been locked already.

If you are going to be posting this after each game it deserves it's own thread.
BorisDK1
Assistant Coach

Post#5 » by BorisDK1 » Thu Oct 7, 2010 5:33 pm

LittleOzzy wrote:If you are going to be posting this after each game it deserves it's own thread.

Thank you, LO. Will do.

I won't be doing it for the non-televised games since not seeing them doesn't allow me to do Project Defensive Score Sheet, but I will be doing them for all televised games (although some of them may be delayed by several days, due to my schedule and the blessing of PVR.)
Truthrising
RealGM
And1: 7,964

Post#6 » by Truthrising » Thu Oct 7, 2010 5:33 pm

So what I got from the stats was that Bargnani and Calderon were terrible in that game!
Masai's to do list
Trade - Ibaka
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,442

Post#7 » by Fairview4Life » Thu Oct 7, 2010 5:36 pm

truthrising wrote:So what I got from the stats was that Bargnani and Calderon were terrible in that game!

Reread Bargs' D stats.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
BorisDK1
Assistant Coach

Post#8 » by BorisDK1 » Thu Oct 7, 2010 5:37 pm

truthrising wrote:So what I got from the stats was that Bargnani and Calderon were terrible in that game!

Check the defensive numbers for Bargnani. Not so terrible.

Offensively, yes, he was hideous. Throwing skip passes at his teammates' ankles, slow making his moves from the post - terrible. But defensively, only one semi-bungled screen sequence (right read, poor execution) and a lot of stopped drives in the lane. He played really well last night defensively.
MrBojangelz71
Banned User
And1: 929

Post#9 » by MrBojangelz71 » Thu Oct 7, 2010 5:38 pm

Huge Props Boris!

I am not a huge stat guy but this is amazing work! Hope you are able to keep it going through the season.
Truthrising
RealGM

Post#10 » by Truthrising » Thu Oct 7, 2010 5:46 pm

BorisDK1 wrote:

Offensively, yes, he was hideous. Throwing skip passes at his teammates' ankles, slow making his moves from the post - terrible. But defensively, only one semi-bungled screen sequence (right read, poor execution) and a lot of stopped drives in the lane. He played really well last night defensively.

Borsidk1 forgive im very clueless when it comes to all these stats, what should I be looking at mainly when i'm supposed to measure a players defensive rating?
Masai's to do list
Trade - Ibaka
MrBojangelz71
Banned User
And1: 929

Post#11 » by MrBojangelz71 » Thu Oct 7, 2010 5:50 pm

truthrising wrote:
BorisDK1 wrote:

Borsidk1 forgive im very clueless when it comes to all these stats, what should I be looking at mainly when i'm supposed to measure a players defensive rating?

Did you scroll through the entire document?

The defensive charts were lower down will a solid description of each measurement. Not sure if he could have provided a clearer description than what is already there.
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,853

Post#12 » by Alfred » Thu Oct 7, 2010 5:50 pm

Is there any possibility that this could be in a publicly shared Google doc?
Truthrising
RealGM

Post#13 » by Truthrising » Thu Oct 7, 2010 5:53 pm

MrBojangelz71 wrote:
Did you scroll through the entire document?

The defensive charts were lower down will a solid description of each measurement. Not sure if he could have provided a clearer description than what is already there.

My bad.. just noticed the terminology.
Masai's to do list
Trade - Ibaka
bthrawn
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#14 » by bthrawn » Thu Oct 7, 2010 5:54 pm

Hey Boris what made Bargs so good defensively last night? Normally he only looks good when he gets a bunch of blocks or just focuses in on his man. Was the new team defensive scheme helping him or was it just not that many help situations?
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,048

Post#15 » by Indeed » Thu Oct 7, 2010 6:28 pm

Thank you for doing this.

I still think Bargnani was a little lost, as sometimes he would switch to take the wing/guard instead of big. But I am impressed with the 7 FM he provided.
Kleiza played well offensively, but I still have little concern with his quickness.

Their defensive system changed a lot, and they played much more aggressive.
Talked to Jonesy, and he said this year the coach has the option to bench players that are not playing well defensively (perhaps last season they can't bench some of their starters).
SDM
RealGM
And1: 947

Post#16 » by SDM » Thu Oct 7, 2010 6:35 pm

I don't think Bargs looked all that good defensively. And I'm one of the few here that actually thinks he's underrated as a defender. Flat-out not aggressive enough.
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,674

Post#17 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Thu Oct 7, 2010 6:38 pm

SDM wrote:I don't think Bargs looked all that good defensively. And I'm one of the few here that actually thinks he's underrated as a defender. Flat-out not aggressive enough.

I thought effort and instinct on defensive glass was lacking from Andrea, especially early in the game, but in regards to defense I thought he positioned himself better as a help defender. And he did well in his guarding his man, even when he was switched onto Nash.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#18 » by J-Roc » Thu Oct 7, 2010 6:40 pm

Can the C be as aggressive as the perimeter players? Don't we want him hanging back a bit? I didn't watch the full game, but I like hearing that he was passable on D, especially if his offence sucked. Of course I fully expect that if he's meant to be our defensive anchor, his offence will more often than not be inefficient.
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,674

Post#19 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Thu Oct 7, 2010 6:47 pm

J-Roc wrote:Can the C be as aggressive as the perimeter players? Don't we want him hanging back a bit? I didn't watch the full game, but I like hearing that he was passable on D, especially if his offence sucked. Of course I fully expect that if he's meant to be our defensive anchor, his offence will more often than not be inefficient.

I think we know that the jumper is a big part of Andrea's offense, and I think after back to back and playing big minutes, his shots has always been less effective. I think perhaps he either just had a bad shooting night, or it's taking a while to get into real game shape, and get his legs back after the workouts. There were a couple of the shots that were off, and some gimmies that that just rolled out. He had an off red putback roll out and one foul line jumper go in and out on him. He was drawing doubles and he was passing out of the doubles, albeit, sometimes better than others.

the suns did double him in the post, which is a good sign for us. Mind you, Phx was playing Hedo at the four spot, who's not the strongest post defender. It think he still needs to do a better job receiving and getting set in the post for the entry pass. Maybe it was the matchup but he seemed to set up as much or more on the left block, that up top. The were also pretty good at getting the switch to cause the mismatch with a guard on Bargs, but they were not as crisp in getting the ball into him quickly.

Overall, If Bargs's shooting is the only question mark from the game, that' pretty good. I was impressed with the team overall. And Still hopeful Amir can reign in those fouls. At the same time, when see what Evans, Anderson, Dorsey, eventually Davis, and even Kleiza at the four can all add to the front court, maybe it's okay if Amir remains a flurry of fouls out there as long as everyone plays with that aggressiveness. It would be very disruptive to the other team.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,448

Post#20 » by dagger » Thu Oct 7, 2010 6:50 pm

SDM wrote:I don't think Bargs looked all that good defensively. And I'm one of the few here that actually thinks he's underrated as a defender. Flat-out not aggressive enough.

It's more important to be positioned correctly than to be "aggressive". Maybe a guard can get up into the grill of a ball-handler, but if a help defender is in the right position to cut off a drive, intimidate a shot, etc, he's done a better job than a big who jumps out at someone "aggressively" and can't recover when the ball moves to another opponent. It's the old story, though. Bargnani will only win on this board when he is an all-star, no, a superstar on both sides of the ball. Otherwise, his game will be cherry-picked apart. Yes, he played good D last night. Will he keep it up? I can't say. But we know his offence will come around, yet some posters took incredible comfort in the fact he was 1-9 from the field.

For these posters, it's more important that Bargnani fails than succeeds.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER

Return to Toronto Raptors