Where will Pedro go?

micah
Ballboy
And1: 0

Where will Pedro go? 

Post#1 » by micah » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:04 am

With his impressive performance in the World Baseball Classic, veteran right-hander Pedro Martinez appears to be garnering more attention from big league teams heading into the final weeks of Spring Training. The Dodgers, Mets, Pirates and Indians have reportedly had interest in the three-time Cy Young Award winner at different points throughout the offseason. Martinez's agent, Fern Cuza, said more clubs are now considering adding the 37-year-old, according to a report on SI.com."What he's looking for is a chance to win," Cuza told SI.com.

I think that he will go to the Dogders.
TSC25
Veteran

Re: Where will Pedro go? 

Post#2 » by TSC25 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:46 am

Id say out of the teams you listed itd be the Dodgers,but I think theres an outside chance he'd go to the Rangers
ericchow123
Ballboy

Re: Where will Pedro go? 

Post#3 » by ericchow123 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:40 pm

He's healthy and still has talent so he'll help a team out.

They're saying that he doesn't really want to play on a team for cash. Most veterans just want to increase their legacy. Pedro wants to do this, but he also wants to go to a team where he still has family time, considering his father just passed away.

Personally, I think he'll go to the Dodgers. He still wants to win a National League Championship and with them, he could have family time. I also think that he'd like to play with Ramirez again because they had good chemistry when they were Red Sox teammates.

Return to Trades and Transactions