Trade for Tanguay

The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst
And1: 0

Trade for Tanguay 

Post#1 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:24 pm

So there are rumours swirrling about Tanguay. TSN says that they have heard he might waive his NTC. Sutter says otherwise(but he would'nt say it if he did)

Sutter has been scouting Toronto, Montreal, NJ/Florida.

But propose a deal for Tanguay. Try and keep it's a cap dump. Phaneuf is a RFA and Huselius/Langks/Conroy are UFAs.

Keep in mind he is under contract for another year AND THAT WE DONT HAVE TO TRADE HIM. We just want to keep Juice and Langks. So don't offer rubbish.
kelso
Analyst
And1: 2

Post#2 » by kelso » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:55 pm

No offense, but if I'm rebuilding the Leafs, Tanguay is not on my radar. He's never scored 30 goals, yet he's played with the likes of Sakic (who is one of my all-time favorites) and Igilna. As well, I have to question why Colorado would give him away basically for Leopold and picks which isn't much for a projected first line winger.
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#3 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:51 am

kelso wrote:No offense, but if I'm rebuilding the Leafs, Tanguay is not on my radar. He's never scored 30 goals, yet he's played with the likes of Sakic (who is one of my all-time favorites) and Igilna. As well, I have to question why Colorado would give him away basically for Leopold and picks which isn't much for a projected first line winger.

He had 29 2 years ago. And has been an 80 point player the past couple years....the avs needed cap space and Leopold was a top 4 defenseman....
Griff83
Assistant Coach
And1: 186

Post#4 » by Griff83 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:39 am

Micheal Ryder for Tanguay
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by timd1218 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:36 am

It all depends on what Calgary wants for him. Do they want someone who will come in and have an impact on the team, or will they be looking for prospects in return.

I would propose a trade of prospects for him.

Carl Sneep or Brian Strait (Both projected to be top 4 defenseman) and Jonathan Filewich or Ryan Stone plus a draft pick (Not a 1st rounder)
I know what you're thinking. We're in the middle of a city, what's a hawk doing there?
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#6 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:10 pm

Griff83 wrote:Micheal Ryder for Tanguay

Let me think....no. Tanguay is way way better than Ryder...and even if this is a cap dump thats still a rip off.
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#7 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:13 pm

timd1218 wrote:It all depends on what Calgary wants for him. Do they want someone who will come in and have an impact on the team, or will they be looking for prospects in return.

I would propose a trade of prospects for him.

Carl Sneep or Brian Strait (Both projected to be top 4 defenseman) and Jonathan Filewich or Ryan Stone plus a draft pick (Not a 1st rounder)

Both, probably a youngish player that is in the NHL or NHL ready and prospects/picks.

No thanks on that deal, if the pens wanted him we can start with Letang.

How about Ryan Whitney instead?
Griff83
Assistant Coach

Post#8 » by Griff83 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:31 am

The_Child_Prodigy wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Let me think....no. Tanguay is way way better than Ryder...and even if this is a cap dump thats still a rip off.

Thats the whole point without a major cap dump your going to have trouble signing all your important pieces next season. Both Bob Mackenzie and Dregar think its a good deal also considering they want to be able to sign both Phanuef and Huselius.
Griff83
Assistant Coach

Post#9 » by Griff83 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:33 am

The_Child_Prodigy wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Both, probably a youngish player that is in the NHL or NHL ready and prospects/picks.

No thanks on that deal, if the pens wanted him we can start with Letang.

:rofl: :rofl:

good luck with that one
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Re: 

Post#10 » by sh00n » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:09 am

The_Child_Prodigy wrote:
Griff83 wrote:Micheal Ryder for Tanguay

Bet you wish your team took this now. :lol:
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app

Return to Trades and Transactions