If FC Barcelona was in the Eastern Conference..Playoffs?

Moderator: THE J0KER

Storm Surge
General Manager
And1: 16

Re: If FC Barcelona was in the Eastern Conference..Playoffs? 

Post#21 » by Storm Surge » Fri Oct 8, 2010 6:50 pm

LeBron should have decided to take his talents to Barcelona.

They'd win at least 10 Euroleague championships.
NY Kicks
Junior
And1: 19

Post#22 » by NY Kicks » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:06 pm

LOL @ European guys on the realgm. You are killing me boys! You were telling Splitter and Pekovic are way better than many starting centers in the NBA last season and we now see how they turn out to be. Try some logic before you talk.
My GOAT Team

Magic
Jordan
Bird
Hakeem
Kareem

Bench:Wilt, Russell, Stockton, Isiah Thomas, TD, Kobe, Dr J, Pippen
Macho
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,422

Post#23 » by Macho » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:49 pm

Look at it this way, Bargnani, Calderon and Kleiza are on the Raptors and we still suck, those 3 would beast the EL.
boogie-reke
Head Coach
And1: 244

Post#24 » by boogie-reke » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:26 am

They'de be number 1 2 and 3 as best players of the season tbh.
DookieLove
Junior
And1: 0

Post#25 » by DookieLove » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:50 am

This is almost as funny as a "If LA Galaxy was in the English Premiership" thread.
J08
Banned User

Post#26 » by J08 » Sat Jan 1, 2011 4:33 pm

Johnny Firpo wrote:
J08 wrote:Shows how much people really know about basketball, if you think that fc barcelona would make the playoffs. Hahahahahaha.

The better question is can they get to double digit in wins

:lol: You're a joke. It's probably the best european team ever assembled. They have great chemistry, great shooters, athleticism, very good role players, and serious NBA talent. They probably don't make it in the west. In the east however? Yes, they have a good chance. Kobe seems to think the same. I guess he's also an idiot. (Are you a Kobe fan, aren't you? Maybe i'm mistaken).

im a joke? you think a team that plays once a week, is filled with shooters, and plays with different rules would make the playoffs in the freakin NBA.

what did fernandez and navarro do in the nba? LOL 12 ppg
sergiio_88
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#27 » by sergiio_88 » Sun Jan 2, 2011 2:58 pm

J08 wrote:
Johnny Firpo wrote:
J08 wrote:Shows how much people really know about basketball, if you think that fc barcelona would make the playoffs. Hahahahahaha.

The better question is can they get to double digit in wins

:lol: You're a joke. It's probably the best european team ever assembled. They have great chemistry, great shooters, athleticism, very good role players, and serious NBA talent. They probably don't make it in the west. In the east however? Yes, they have a good chance. Kobe seems to think the same. I guess he's also an idiot. (Are you a Kobe fan, aren't you? Maybe i'm mistaken).

im a joke? you think a team that plays once a week, is filled with shooters, and plays with different rules would make the playoffs in the freakin NBA.

what did fernandez and navarro do in the nba? LOL 12 ppg

Barcelona plays two games per week. (ACB + Euroleague)
J08
Banned User

Post#28 » by J08 » Mon Jan 3, 2011 5:36 pm

Barcelona plays two games per week. (ACB + Euroleague)[/quote]

big flipping whoop, it still doesnt compare to the nba season.
doc.end
General Manager
And1: 191

Post#29 » by doc.end » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:22 pm

Awoooga wrote:Lets say that are in the Atlantic division. You think they make the playoffs because I sure as hell do. Navarro and Vazquez are legit NBA talent and Morris/Mikael are rotation guys. Rubio sucks but they do not need him anyway. My prediction would be the 7 seed. Behind Miami, Boston, Orlando, Atlanta, Chicago, Bucks.

Well after some succes in draft lottery they would may make it one day.
EddieJonesFan
Starter
And1: 438

Post#30 » by EddieJonesFan » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:27 am

The idea would be based on the assumption that teamwork along with a few NBA caliber players would lead to success, but that teamwork is based on different rules and style of play than in the NBA. So, they would have to adjust too much in one given year. The best way for them to win would be to give the ball to Ricky and let him run.
AbC?
Head Coach
And1: 9,585

Post#31 » by AbC? » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:15 pm

Battling Cleveland for the title of the worst team in the league.
CjayC
RealGM
And1: 1,141

Post#32 » by CjayC » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:01 am

They'd be lucky to get 5 wins.
jolbin
Pro Prospect
And1: 196

Post#33 » by jolbin » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:10 pm

CjayC wrote:They'd be lucky to get 5 wins.

Wow, how ignorant are we..
Just an example - Christian Eyenga, the current Cavs rotation player could barely play in the Spanish second league last season
CjayC
RealGM
And1: 1,141

Post#34 » by CjayC » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:25 pm

The Nets won 12 games last year with a couple of good ball players on their team in Harris and Lopez. That team in general was more acclimated and knew how to play an American style of basketball.

And I'm supposed to believe a team used to international rules and who play in the 2nd best Basketball league(And that's a distant 2nd) would win more than 5? It wasn't my intention to sound disrespectful, but I just don't think you are giving the NBA enough credit.
jolbin
Pro Prospect
And1: 196

Post#35 » by jolbin » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:43 pm

Barcelona also has some very good players (Navarro, Lorbek) and 12 men deep team.. Everyone of those 12 can step up and decide a game..
Also.. They would get accustomed to NBA rules quite soon - if NBA players can accustom to international rules, i dont see a reason why a team so full of BBIQ (Navarro, Rubio, Lakovič, Lorbek, Michael) would not..
Just check my sig and check the result of that game.And yes.. It was a preseason game for Barca as well..
J08
Banned User

Post#36 » by J08 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:42 pm

jolbin wrote:Barcelona also has some very good players (Navarro, Lorbek) and 12 men deep team.. Everyone of those 12 can step up and decide a game..
Also.. They would get accustomed to NBA rules quite soon - if NBA players can accustom to international rules, i dont see a reason why a team so full of BBIQ (Navarro, Rubio, Lakovič, Lorbek, Michael) would not..
Just check my sig and check the result of that game.And yes.. It was a preseason game for Barca as well..

you do reliaze Navarro was a bench player on the freaking grillizes. he averaged 10 points on 40% shooting and went back to europe. he would get killed by opposing sg
brassviews
Sixth Man
And1: 132

Post#37 » by brassviews » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:22 pm

J08 wrote:
jolbin wrote:Barcelona also has some very good players (Navarro, Lorbek) and 12 men deep team.. Everyone of those 12 can step up and decide a game..

you do reliaze Navarro was a bench player on the freaking grillizes. he averaged 10 points on 40% shooting and went back to europe. he would get killed by opposing sg

1. He was a second round pick
2. He was second among rookies in scoring (if I recall)
3. He left when Gasol got traded.

Anyone doubting Navarro's skillset don't know anything about basketball.
J08
Banned User

Post#38 » by J08 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:30 am

brassviews wrote:
J08 wrote:

1. He was a second round pick
2. He was second among rookies in scoring (if I recall)
3. He left when Gasol got traded.

Anyone doubting Navarro's skillset don't know anything about basketball.

sure buddy, a 6-3 170 sg would do really good in the nba. LOOOOOOL

hes a good shooter with a nice floater in the paint but lets not get carried away.
droponov
Lead Assistant
And1: 9

Post#39 » by droponov » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:21 pm

Navarro could have been an OJ Mayo type of player with slightly worse defense - this is his ceiling, he'd probably be a bit worse. A scoring combo to bring off the bench, a starting 2 as long as paired with a very big 1 or a starting 1 as long as paired with a point-forward like LeBron James or Kobe.
J08
Banned User

Post#40 » by J08 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:40 pm

droponov wrote:Navarro could have been an OJ Mayo type of player with slightly worse defense - this is his ceiling, he'd probably be a bit worse. A scoring combo to bring off the bench, a starting 2 as long as paired with a very big 1 or a starting 1 as long as paired with a point-forward like LeBron James or Kobe.

one of the best players from Europe would be a liability already. how many Kobe and lebrons are in the league? i don't like mayo but don't insult his athleticism and skill like that.

Return to International Basketball