If FC Barcelona was in the Eastern Conference..Playoffs?

Moderator: THE J0KER

droponov
Lead Assistant
And1: 9

Re: If FC Barcelona was in the Eastern Conference..Playoffs? 

Post#41 » by droponov » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:06 pm

J08 wrote:
droponov wrote:Navarro could have been an OJ Mayo type of player with slightly worse defense - this is his ceiling, he'd probably be a bit worse. A scoring combo to bring off the bench, a starting 2 as long as paired with a very big 1 or a starting 1 as long as paired with a point-forward like LeBron James or Kobe.

one of the best players from Europe would be a liability already

What?

J08 wrote:how many Kobe and lebrons are in the league?

Two? I have no idea what you're talking about.

J08 wrote: i don't like mayo but don't insult his athleticism and skill like that.

I like Mayo, but he is what he is. I've been saying since his rookie season he's mediocre as a starting SG. He isn't prolific or efficient enough to be more than a 3rd option, he's a below average ball-handler, his first step is very mediocre, he can't get to the rim, he's a massive liability on the boards and defensively versus potent scorers.

I don't think Mayo is particularly more athletic than Navarro. He's better at some things, worse at others. In terms of athleticism and in terms of skill-set. But definitely the same level of player with a small advantage to Mayo.
Bskball1985
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#42 » by Bskball1985 » Sat Feb 5, 2011 10:30 pm

jolbin wrote:Barcelona also has some very good players (Navarro, Lorbek) and 12 men deep team..
Just check my sig and check the result of that game.And yes.. It was a preseason game for Barca as well..

I'm European too but come on now, that was a preseason game. The Lakers weren't even defending and let Barca run. I'm sure things would've been quite different in a potential regular season game, with the Lakers at full strenght. The Lakers had just started training camp back then. I wouldn't really get too worked up on a preseason game played with hybrid rules.

In my opinion Barcelona wouldn't win more than 10-15 games.
karolis1221
Pro Prospect
And1: 4

Post#43 » by karolis1221 » Fri Mar 4, 2011 2:31 pm

Bskball1985 wrote:
jolbin wrote:Barcelona also has some very good players (Navarro, Lorbek) and 12 men deep team..
Just check my sig and check the result of that game.And yes.. It was a preseason game for Barca as well..

I'm European too but come on now, that was a preseason game. The Lakers weren't even defending and let Barca run. I'm sure things would've been quite different in a potential regular season game, with the Lakers at full strenght. The Lakers had just started training camp back then. I wouldn't really get too worked up on a preseason game played with hybrid rules.

In my opinion Barcelona wouldn't win more than 10-15 games.

dont forget nba salary cap im sure they would buy few superstars :wink:
J08
Banned User

Post#44 » by J08 » Fri Mar 4, 2011 8:01 pm

droponov wrote:
J08 wrote:
droponov wrote:Navarro could have been an OJ Mayo type of player with slightly worse defense - this is his ceiling, he'd probably be a bit worse. A scoring combo to bring off the bench, a starting 2 as long as paired with a very big 1 or a starting 1 as long as paired with a point-forward like LeBron James or Kobe.

one of the best players from Europe would be a liability already

What?

J08 wrote:how many Kobe and lebrons are in the league?

Two? I have no idea what you're talking about.

J08 wrote: i don't like mayo but don't insult his athleticism and skill like that.

I like Mayo, but he is what he is. I've been saying since his rookie season he's mediocre as a starting SG. He isn't prolific or efficient enough to be more than a 3rd option, he's a below average ball-handler, his first step is very mediocre, he can't get to the rim, he's a massive liability on the boards and defensively versus potent scorers.

I don't think Mayo is particularly more athletic than Navarro. He's better at some things, worse at others. In terms of athleticism and in terms of skill-set. But definitely the same level of player with a small advantage to Mayo.

:o
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,551

Post#45 » by BarbaGrizz » Sat Mar 5, 2011 5:05 am

LOL @ the guy who said Barça lacks depth
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today
OscarMayer
Rookie
And1: 10

Post#46 » by OscarMayer » Sat Mar 5, 2011 10:56 pm

People is wondering. Thiago Splitter was the best player in ACB and he barely plays here. (he will be a great player in the future) Is this Barca team better than the NJ Nets or Raptors? come on. Brook Lopez would kill them in the paint. Who the hell is Pete Mickeal and Lorbek? Bargnani would score 40+ against them. I like Navarro, but this is 82-game run against physical specimens, talent is not enough to triumph in the NBA.
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,551

Post#47 » by BarbaGrizz » Sun Mar 6, 2011 5:58 am

Except that Bargnani didn´t score 40+ in the weaker Italian League.
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today
karolis1221
Pro Prospect
And1: 4

Post#48 » by karolis1221 » Sun Mar 6, 2011 12:39 pm

OscarMayer wrote:People is wondering. Thiago Splitter was the best player in ACB and he barely plays here. (he will be a great player in the future) Is this Barca team better than the NJ Nets or Raptors? come on. Brook Lopez would kill them in the paint. Who the hell is Pete Mickeal and Lorbek? Bargnani would score 40+ against them. I like Navarro, but this is 82-game run against physical specimens, talent is not enough to triumph in the NBA.

it was not about 82games cant you read? OP was about If barca was in the conference playoffs.
a3r0d
Sophomore
And1: 15

Post#49 » by a3r0d » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:24 pm

OscarMayer wrote:People is wondering. Thiago Splitter was the best player in ACB and he barely plays here. (he will be a great player in the future) Is this Barca team better than the NJ Nets or Raptors? come on. Brook Lopez would kill them in the paint. Who the hell is Pete Mickeal and Lorbek? Bargnani would score 40+ against them. I like Navarro, but this is 82-game run against physical specimens, talent is not enough to triumph in the NBA.

On Lorbek, he is the third best European PF after Dirk and Gasol. He is basically a smaler Gasol (6`11) with three point range, but worse defense. Godly post game. Also before you say he did not play against nba players, both brothers gasol could not stop him in the European Championships and he destroyed Gortat.
King d
Banned User
And1: 40

Post#50 » by King d » Thu Sep 1, 2011 7:05 am

Lol @ americans here talking like experts about european players without even knowing who they are :lol:
MightyVojo
Banned User

Post#51 » by MightyVojo » Sun Sep 4, 2011 4:07 am

King d wrote:Lol @ americans here talking like experts about european players without even knowing who they are :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Brt19
Bench Warmer
And1: 424

Post#52 » by Brt19 » Fri Sep 9, 2011 7:19 pm

They can't play in NBA style. 82 games, high game speed stuffs like that. Players like Kleiza, Calderon, Pekovic, Splitter would be key signigns for them.

I think they are better than teams like Detroit, Toronto, Minnesota and they can compete against some of teams which aim Playoffs.

Return to International Basketball