el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Astros @ Reds Games: 4, 5, & 6 

Post#1 » by el loco » Tue Apr 5, 2011 5:03 pm

Astros (0-3) vs Reds (3-0)

Tuesday 4/5, 7:10 PM ET at Great American Ball Park

................................................Vs.........................................

Starting Pitchers:

Game 1:

ImageVsImage
J.A. Happ.....Mike Leake

el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Astros @ Reds Games: 4, 5, & 6 

Post#2 » by el loco » Wed Apr 6, 2011 11:03 pm

I didn't watch much of this game, I watched the Nuggets get spanked by the Thunder instead, maybe I should have watched the Reds win instead :lol: Leake was solid in his first start. The Reds are 4-0.

Tonight (Game 2 of the series) 7:10pm et

Pitching Matchup:

Nelson Figueroa

Vs

Edinson Volquez

Volquez got hammered in the season opener against the Brewers, hopefully he gets his stuff going tonight, he was also roughed up during spring training. Tommy John surgery is no joke.
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by el loco » Wed Apr 6, 2011 11:44 pm

Volquez is still giving up runs like crazy, he gave up 4 in the 1st inning. The Reds might want to shut him down and send him to the minors on a rehab assignment, they have too many quality arms in the organization to continue letting him try to pitch his way back to health at the big league level.

On the season, he has now given up 10 runs in 7 innings of work, not good. Not good at all.
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by el loco » Thu Apr 7, 2011 3:39 am

The Reds came back strong or the Astros helped them come back strong, I am not sure how you would want to look at it. The Astros fell apart in the bottom of the 3rd and made several errors that allowed the Reds to take a 6-4 lead, it was smooth sailing from there. Volquez settles down after the 1st inning, so it must be a mental thing. In both of his starts he got rocked in the 1st, but then pitched strong. The Reds are 5-0 to start the season :thumbsup:
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by el loco » Thu Apr 7, 2011 3:45 am

Game 3: 12:35 pm et (an afternoon game)

Pitchers:

Brett Myers

Vs

Sam Lecure
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by el loco » Thu Apr 7, 2011 8:04 pm

The Reds finally lost one, but they had their chances to win it. Myers pitched a good game for the Astros and surprisingly Lecure matched him, he left trailing 2-1.

Rolen hit a pinch hit home run to tie it up and then Masset got the ball. Casey and Brennamen were talking him up, saying how great his stuff is and how great he was/has been since last May. But, every time I see him pitch he gives up singles and an eventual run. Today was no exception :lol: He gave up the go ahead run in the top of the 9th (3 singles in the inning) and that was all that the Astros needed to secure the win. The Reds had a little rally going in the bottom of the 9th off of a 2 out single up the middle by Phillips and an infield single by Votto. Hernandez came in to pinch hit, but he didn't get the job done.

The Reds hit the road after a 5-1 home stand. 2 series down on the young season and 2 series that the Reds won. I will take it.

Sean Casey is pretty fun to listen to, he has a great sense of humor and you can tell that he really gets into calling the game. He is an improvement over Welsh and Brantley imo.

Return to Cincinnati Reds