ImageImageImageImageImage

Metaphysical Analysis Thread-- (Loopy Wingnut thread 2)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,182

Re: Metaphysical Analysis Thread-- (Loopy Wingnut thread 2) 

Post#81 » by Zonkerbl » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:50 pm

Hooray! Thanks doc!
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,182

Post#82 » by Zonkerbl » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:56 pm

Aw, the old thread got deep sixed? Sucky, I think you did one for me.
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,343

Post#83 » by doclinkin » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:23 pm

Dat2U wrote:
I'm high on Okongwu. We actually are very similar. In numerology we share the same life path & energy (7/11). So he's very smart, very self aware (the 7) and athletic (11). He's a high character guy and a leader (11). I see little chance that he doesnt have at leasf a solid NBA career although there's a decent risk of injury at some point (7).

I absolutely love LaMelo Ball though and think he is clearly the best player in the draft by a decent margin. The combo of length, athleticism and skill is unique. He's the only guy I see capable of breaking down defenses at will and creating for himself and others at high-level. He rebounds really well. I think he'll be the closest thing to Westbrook in terms of amassing triple doubles. What confirms it for me is the numerology aspect as he's 33 LP which considered a master number plus 22 energy (born a 22 day) which indicates builder qualities (also a master number). Basically he's uber smart, a trailblazer and a can be someone the franchise builds around. The shot needs work but thats the only issue I have with him.

I'm with you on Wiseman. The talent is so tempting but the numerology aspect on him I don't love. He's very much along the lines of Mitchell Robinson & Andre Drummond. I'm sure he'll be productive just like they are but I question what his real impact willbe if he's not a great defender.

Vassell as I mentioned previously, just screams role playing wing off the bench. Maybe Josh Childress is the upside? Meh.

Anthony Edwards may be the most athletic 2-guard I've seen in years and a great frame to go with it. But the decision making/IQ are very much like Dion Waiters and Nick Young. So where he goes will be of the highest importance. With SA, Bos or Mia - Edwards could be special with right coaching. If not, he'll have some moments but I would expect coaches/teammates to be frustrated with his on-court decisions.

From the 2020 Draft Thread.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,091

Post#84 » by Dat2U » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:29 pm

payitforward wrote:
Dat2U wrote:I'm high on Okongwu. We actually are very similar. In numerology we share the same life path & energy (7/11). So he's very smart, very self aware (the 7) and athletic (11). He's a high character guy and a leader (11). I see little chance that he doesnt have at leasf a solid NBA career although there's a decent risk of injury at some point (7).

I absolutely love LaMelo Ball though and think he is clearly the best player in the draft by a decent margin. The combo of length, athleticism and skill is unique. He's the only guy I see capable of breaking down defenses at will and creating for himself and others at high-level. He rebounds really well. I think he'll be the closest thing to Westbrook in terms of amassing triple doubles. What confirms it for me is the numerology aspect as he's 33 LP which considered a master number plus 22 energy (born a 22 day) which indicates builder qualities (also a master number). Basically he's uber smart, a trailblazer and a can be someone the franchise builds around. The shot needs work but thats the only issue I have with him.

I'm with you on Wiseman. The talent is so tempting but the numerology aspect on him I don't love. He's very much along the lines of Mitchell Robinson & Andre Drummond. I'm sure he'll be productive just like they are but I question what his real impact willbe if he's not a great defender.

Vassell as I mentioned previously, just screams role playing wing off the bench. Maybe Josh Childress is the upside? Meh.

Anthony Edwards may be the most athletic 2-guard I've seen in years and a great frame to go with it. But the decision making/IQ are very much like Dion Waiters and Nick Young. So where he goes will be of the highest importance. With SA, Bos or Mia - Edwards could be special with right coaching. If not, he'll have some moments but I would expect coaches/teammates to be frustrated with his on-court decisions.

Now, Dat... we'd better get some info on this numerology stuff -- how do you calculate? Is this a form of gematria?

Gematria would be considered an elementary form of numerology. Its very hit and miss. Numerology tends to be on the money.

Here's how you calculate, take John Wall for example:

September 6, 1990 = 09/06/1990 = 9 + 6 + 1 + 9 + 9 + 0 = 34, 3 + 4 = 7

John Wall is a 7 Life Path. The 7 is his primary energy.

7 is a powerful number. Its the number of the genius. Its also a number associated with athleticism. You see alot of athletes with it.

On the bad side its a loner energy. Many never get married or struggle in marriage. Its also the number associated with injury. 7s are most injury prone.

John was born on the 6th which means his secondary energy is 6 energy. 6 is the number of the family. The person about family/community. 6s are often the director of their home/environment. 6 is also a creative.

Here's a basic layout of numerology

1 = Leader, bossy
3 = Communicator, comedian
4 = Worker, law/order
5 = Traveler, good looks, perceptive
6 = Family, creative
7 = Genius, loner
8 = Banker, Karma
9 = Adaptability
11 = X factor, old soul, 6th sense
22 = Builder, destroyer
33 = Master Teacher/innovator

There is no 2 life path. There is 2 energy for folks born on the 2nd. That's a feminine, peacemaker energy. 11, 22, 33 are master numbers. The 33s are rare but stand out. These energies are sort of like cheat codes. Master numbers are not reduced.

Other important numbers:

13 = Number of the Matrix. This is energy comes directly from the matrix.

28 = Number of Wealth. Being born on this day means a higher % chance of being wealthy. Marry someone with this birthday and the same applies. If pay attention to alot of ads you'll see this number imprinted some where (look at Rolex ads for example). 2 + 8 = 10 = 1 + 0 = 1 so this is also 1 energy.

Let's take LeBron for example. 12/30/1984 = 1 + 2 + 3 + 0 + 1 + 9 + 8 + 4 = 28. 2 + 8 = 10 and 1 + 0 = 1 so he is a 1 LP but the 28 energy is imprinted so he was destined to be wealthy and a leader. He also has the secondary 3 energy which is why he's such a good communicator.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,868

Post#85 » by payitforward » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:36 pm

Let me see if I have this right: a kid born a minute after midnight on 1/1/2000 = 4 > "Worker, law/order." Is that correct.

But, the kid delivered 2 minutes earlier is 1 + 2 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 9 + 9 + 9 = 35, 3 + 5 = 8 > "Banker, Karma." Do I have that correct?
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,343

Post#86 » by doclinkin » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:09 pm

Here's my screed on horoscopes with scientif-ish justification:

Foetal brain development follows regular patterns that are predictable over time of gestation. Ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny: This is when we are tadpoles with gills, now is when lungs are developed, here we have the lizard brain, now we grow a mammalian brain, here forebrain etc. Human gestation follows a regular pattern.

Gravity is a universal connecting force whereby every particle of matter has a measurable gravitational attraction to every other particle of matter. So even if Betelgeuse is 600-someodd light years away, it still has a miniscule but not nonexistent tug on the happenstance of our lives.

Could it possibly have an effect on the microscopic scale? By influencing which neural pathways align better in the development of the portions of our brain having to do with-- whatever: aptitude for language. Stoicism. Willpower. Competitiveness. Sociability, etc. Pick a personality trait. We are talking about the level of neurons. If a butterfly flapping its wings sets up a chain reaction that influences hurricane formation, why would not a galaxy of a thousand billion exploding suns have a regular and detecible influence on the miscroscopic developments of wee things forming?

So. If I time travelled into the past and got your mom pregnant in July, then the array of universal forces will be similar to the other mom's who allowed me to bed them down that week. And when you find out from ancestry.com that you have a mess of half brothers with the same birth day you guys will be blown AWAY by how you all tend to do this and that sort of thing the same way.

Now. Those babies will have the raw materials and DNA blueprint for being a badass simply by being ejecta from the divine self that is doc. And some of those things will be similar to all the other half brothers you discover you have from when I knocked up your mom again the following December. They will be tall, smart, etc, they are using the same raw building materials. But some will be more quiet and thoughtful and some will be comedians, and some will take over the world. The raw materials are the same, perhaps even the upper limits and the floor of their skillset, but the tendencies of where those neural pathways burn, the patterns that they easily form, may prove different simply by the workings of faraway celestial bodies and your relative position in the universe at the stage of development you were when the icing was put in the pastry as it were. I'm trying to be delicate here. But that's life!

So over the years, when people observed human behavior and discovered that people born in August are needy for attention whereas people born in September are persnickety about every catdamn detail and needs must nitpick every statement made, well then, they wondered why. All they could do was look at the stars and shake their heads. Then some decided to codify their observations and blame those star patterns for the problem. Perhaps they were right, but not for the reasons they invented.

Yet and still, given a world of free will or the illusion of same, one can defy the stereotypes-- or hey the archetypes-- and many other factors contribute. These are tendencies, not limits. And we are each and all shaped not just by our blueprint, and materials, but by the world around us. Coaching. Parents. Accidents, lucky and not. It's not your fault you can't be exactly like me. Even if I may have cued up the stroke that set all those other molecules in motion like nineball.

If you get what I'm saying.

As for the rest, okay sure much of it is Forer effect. But still, the universe is vast, no point elevating skepticism to a position of absolute authority. Even if you were say a Virgo and therefore feel like it is your daily job to poke holes in every assertion ever made. And put the anal in analysis.

:clown:
payitforward
RealGM

Post#87 » by payitforward » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:39 pm

There's a regular pattern but it doesn't last long
Like the brain of a tadpole or the sound of a song.
When particles attract, it's best to say "thank you
Gravity -- for the wondrous things you do."

While traveling on the wheels of my personality
I met a man who told me I never would be free
Until I hearkened to the dozen that lift from two
& no one's ever sold me on a lie quite so true.

In the middle of his village was a hill & a chasm
Where the DNA nightly gathered to spasm.
It was there I met the woman my heart would unravel:
When I asked her what we'd do, she said 'I like to travel.'

So we drove through the South; we rambled way out West
Where though we were strangers we were treated like guests.
We witnessed patterns tremble up from materials raw
Into words that dissembled most of what we saw.

When came the day -- & not by accident --
A package arrived which my love had sent
Me the morning we left town as the cloudy sky thundered:
Opening it I learned that my days now were numbered.

"It must be time," I cried, "for me to head on home."
"So it is," she said, "but you won't get there alone."
"Leave me a message," I begged. Use the nearest cell tower."
"I surely will," she replied, "& I'll fill it with power."
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
Dat2U
RealGM

Post#88 » by Dat2U » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:56 pm

payitforward wrote:Let me see if I have this right: a kid born a minute after midnight on 1/1/2000 = 4 > "Worker, law/order." Is that correct.

But, the kid delivered 2 minutes earlier is 1 + 2 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 9 + 9 + 9 = 35, 3 + 5 = 8 > "Banker, Karma." Do I have that correct?

Yes, this is correct. In this realm, timing is truly everything. There's an astrological explanation for it but honestly I'd struggle to go that deep. :D

4s are most closely connected to the matrix. They sorta of keep everything on track. They are hard workers by nature who prefer organization and protection/law over everything else. 8s doesn't mean automatic wealth, just means it should never be a major issue. Its always there when you need it unless Karma is involved as 8 is very sensitive to Karma.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#89 » by payitforward » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:22 am

We all need something
We learn how to believe.

We've barely arrived
Before it's time to leave.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,151

Post#90 » by AFM » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:39 am

montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Post#91 » by montestewart » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:41 pm

Beauteous meters inexorably bound
Such defects to game from where cannot rebound
A tableau of basketball's living and dead
Which doomed as redundant the poetry thread
Dat2U
RealGM

Post#92 » by Dat2U » Tue Feb 9, 2021 7:28 pm

doclinkin wrote:
Dat2U wrote:
I'm high on Okongwu. We actually are very similar. In numerology we share the same life path & energy (7/11). So he's very smart, very self aware (the 7) and athletic (11). He's a high character guy and a leader (11). I see little chance that he doesnt have at leasf a solid NBA career although there's a decent risk of injury at some point (7).

Missed on Vassell tho. :-?
Dat2U
RealGM

Post#93 » by Dat2U » Thu Mar 4, 2021 12:08 pm

doclinkin wrote:
Dat2U wrote:

payitforward
RealGM

Post#94 » by payitforward » Thu Mar 4, 2021 3:49 pm

Those who didn't take Vassell
Chose a hut in place of a castle

While the ones all in for Okongwu
Must wait to see what he can do

But, for the ones who favored Edwards
We can as yet find no good words

As to those who chose Haliburton
They gave the rest of us a hurtin'

& then there's Achiuwa & Tillman
Don't they show a power of will, man?

OTOH, the Wiz got Deni
Worse than a few but better than many!
Dat2U
RealGM

Post#95 » by Dat2U » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:11 pm

KD wearing #7, returning on 4/7/2021

4 + 7 + 2 + 0 + 2 + 1 = 16 (7)
So it's considered a 7 day with secondary energy of 7 - being the 7th lol.

7 as I've mentioned previously is the number of injury.

It's the worst possible day for KD to return on and the risk for him is higher than normal.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#96 » by payitforward » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:55 pm

The problem with all this is that it's upside down balanced on a pin-point (the "time" a person was born), but the pin-point doesn't exist.

Time in that local sense (e.g. "what time is it now?") is a completely local phenomenon. E.g. we can't meaningfully ask, "What time is it now on the star Arcturus?" The question has no meaning at all.

Should you think that I'm making this up, I'm not -- for more on the subject, see https://www.amazon.com/Order-Time-Carlo-Rovelli/dp/0735216118/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Or, if you prefer:
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#97 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:23 pm

doclinkin wrote:
doclinkin wrote:
Kanyewest wrote:I think you should re-start the Meta thread. It is indeed interesting stuff to read and it's probably more useful than some thread around here like The Trade Thread. Some of the stuff which you said about February 21st actually applies to me (i.e. I'm more inward in a public setting). However broader things like not taking criticism well applies to almost everyone I know. Still, you should re-start that thread because it is entertaining.
I'm also wondering how greatness can someone can diminish from between from 1 day to another. On February 20th, Charles Barkely was born and on February 22nd Julius Erving was born (and if that wasn't good enough for you, so was George Washington).
I think it's interesting to point out that nobody from the top 10 of the 1999 draft was outstanding like in the 2003 draft.
7. Rip Hamilton- excelled as 1 of the 4 options with Detroit.
Clearly, Francis is not in the same level with the likes of Elton Brand, Rip Hamilton, or Laron Profit (who was picked in the 2nd round of the draft).
As for Donte Greene, it's unfair to compare him to Steve Francis. The biggest factor to consider is that they play different positions. One of Greene's biggest faults was said to be that he was too unselfish. Since Donte Greene is somewhere between 6'9 and 6'11, the team that drafts him doesn't have to worry about him playing the point guard position. I think if Grunfeld gets the sense that the kid is humble and willing to work on his game, he would be a solid pick.

Nah I make no real comparison with Steve Francis except to ask, did he live up to his potential? That's the only question we're trying to shed light on with the Zodiac goofery: does the player meet, exceed, or fail to reach their full potential. Do they have championship character-- regardless of their physical skillset.

A guy like Shaquille O'neal-- or Wilt Chamberlain for instance, he was going to succeed in basketball no matter what he did. There has never been that combination of pure athletic talent, grace, and size. Now is it possible if he were more motivated to succeed that he should have dominated and won more championships like his contemporary (smaller) Bill Russell? Maybe. Who can say?

Julius Erving was a physical marvel. He shares the same birthday as my sister. I know for a fact sisterdoc and George Washington would have made terrible NBAers. Probably. You've got to start with a baseline of pure talent. My sister bumps into doors, no athleticism really to speak of. And GDub is really really dead.

But a guy like Rip Hamilton is a great example. Steve Francis was 10 times the pure athlete Rip is. Rip is tall, but skinny for his position-- for any position-- can't jump all that high, if you remember from DC or UConn, his reflexes and quick-twitch muscles ain't great on defense even if he's relatively long. What he had better than most players was the situation-recognition software-- ball smarts-- to size up the moment and shoot before the defense arrived.

To maximize that, the one thing he has done is outwork everybody in his physical conditioning. He saw he would never have an advantage in strength etc but saw the success of a guy with a similar build in Reggie Miller and was smart enough to apply the same techniques. Then when he discovered he tired himself out running around screens all day he decided to dedicate himself in the offseason to becoming the best-conditioned player in the game.

But how could you have guessed he would be that kind of dedicated player before you drafted him? That he would have had success even scrawny as he is? The point is Rip Hamilton has gotten every ounce of athletic ability out of his narrow ass. He took every criticism leveled against him (and he played for notable hardass Jim Calhoun at UConn) and used it to his advantage, to improve himself. Steve Francis, when the chips were down, moped and sulked and got his feelings hurt-- ask any of the boards of teams he used to play for. Not a bad guy, just moody, got in his own way that way. Hey I have friends up in Takoma Park who knew him, maybe they'll confirm it.

BUt yeah, no, not everybody takes criticism the same way. Even on here. CCJ is famous for taking criticism with style, when it's true-- he just doesn't like it when you clown on him for no reason. JWiz just laughs at you, Dat used to fightcha to the bitter end but Lyrico is generally unfazed-- and you ever see DonkMcDonk get mad for any reason whatsoever?

Okay, if I have a spare minute I'll start the MetaThread tomorrow. I'll probably be too busy to do much Draft breakdown though.

What a blessing that some 12 or 13 years later most of us are still here posting our opinions and occasionally criticizing one another. I laughed because right before I opened this particular thread I got off the phone with one of my sisters. She was just getting on me for no reason and I wasn’t having it. Lovingly of course I just mentioned to her that maybe she could try and be positive for once. :-)
Bye bye Beal.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#98 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:31 pm

As per metaphysical analysis what I would do with this particular approach is try to figure out which players are true alphas. There are a lot of talented guys but few transcend.
Bye bye Beal.
Illuminaire
Veteran
And1: 606

Post#99 » by Illuminaire » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:33 pm

Dat2U wrote:KD wearing #7, returning on 4/7/2021

4 + 7 + 2 + 0 + 2 + 1 = 16 (7)
So it's considered a 7 day with secondary energy of 7 - being the 7th lol.

7 as I've mentioned previously is the number of injury.

It's the worst possible day for KD to return on and the risk for him is higher than normal.

If he goes down, I'm calling you a witch.
Dat2U
RealGM

Post#100 » by Dat2U » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:36 pm

payitforward wrote:The problem with all this is that it's upside down balanced on a pin-point (the "time" a person was born), but the pin-point doesn't exist.

Time in that local sense (e.g. "what time is it now?") is a completely local phenomenon. E.g. we can't meaningfully ask, "What time is it now on the star Arcturus?" The question has no meaning at all.

Should you think that I'm making this up, I'm not -- for more on the subject, see https://www.amazon.com/Order-Time-Carlo-Rovelli/dp/0735216118/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Or, if you prefer:

Time is imprinted with energy. So yes two events happening across the world at the exact same moment will be imprinted with different energy.

The way I saw it best described is that the universe is a blockchain. Life are blockchains of energy and everyone is coded with a particular blockchain of energy. Numbers represent a code within the blockchain.

Return to Washington Wizards