Astros @ Reds Games 29-31

el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Astros @ Reds Games 29-31 

Post#1 » by el loco » Tue May 3, 2011 11:10 am

Game 1 was rained out, and has been rescheduled for Thursday at 12:15. It is still raining like crazy outside right now, but if they can somehow get a game in the starters for the first game of this series are supposed to be

J.A. Happ (1-4, 6.35) Vs. Mike Leake (3-0, 4.40)

The Reds lost 2 out of 3 to the fish over the weekend. I watched the games, but didn't post on them because I was watching the NFL draft and the NBA playoffs. In game 3, the rubber game, Arroyo gave up a bunch of runs early (this is a recurring theme for the Reds starters), and once again the Reds got within striking distance, but Masset gave up 4 runs in one inning of work and the Marlins blew the game wide open, they won 9-3.

Hopefully, the Reds can get back on track in this series if they can get the games in. It is supposed to be raining all week, so I don't if they will be able to get them in or not.
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Astros @ Reds Games 29-31 

Post#2 » by el loco » Wed May 4, 2011 2:11 am

Well, the manage to get the game in, but I wish they wouldn't have right about now :lol: Leake actually kept the Astros scoreless in the first 3 innings but got hammered in the 4th when he gave up 6 runs. Right now it is in the 9th and the Reds are down 10-4, so I am going to assume that it is over and the Astros are going to win the first game of the series.
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by el loco » Wed May 4, 2011 2:12 am

They need to get Bailey and Cueto up to the team before too much longer.
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by el loco » Fri May 6, 2011 3:00 pm

The Reds took 2 out of 3 in this series. Homer Bailey started game 3 and he looked great while he was on the mound. The bullpen came in and gave up a few runs, but the Reds had the game well in hand for most of the day, the final was 10-4. Bruce and Hanigan both had 3 hits in the game, Bruce hit his 6th HR of the year, and Hanigan had 3 RBI's. I don't know how much longer Dusty can continue to pencil Gomes into the starting lineup, his average is down to .189.

Return to Cincinnati Reds