ImageImage

Semi OT: Should MJ make Cam Newton a Jordan Brand Athlete?

Moderators: yosemiteben, BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever

Stun704
Lead Assistant
And1: 226

Semi OT: Should MJ make Cam Newton a Jordan Brand Athlete? 

Post#1 » by Stun704 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:02 am

I think he should, what do you guys think? Cam makes the panthers instantly relevant, he has lebron-like potential but in the QB position. he just needs to get his mechanics down and the sky is the limit.. Now I think there should be a marriage somewhat between the Panthers and the Bobcats.. and signing Cam to Jordan Brand could be the first step to that.

Also if MJ's 2012 plan comes into fruition and we land 2 superstars, we'll have 3 superstars in the QC. a man can dream right?
Pimpwerx wrote:I was a fan of the Lakers...Yankees... It took me almost a decade to become a fan of the Miami teams...I know it's frowned upon, but if you can look at it as an outsider, it's easier to understand why it happens. PEACE.
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,109

Re: Semi OT: Should MJ make Cam Newton a Jordan Brand Athlete? 

Post#2 » by SWedd523 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:05 pm

I don't think he's a superstar nor does he make anything relevant. Andrew Luck would've made us instantly relevant. If Cam develops into the hype then sure, but I don't think he'll offer to such a risky (and controversial) player.
Stun704
Lead Assistant
And1: 226

Post#3 » by Stun704 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:17 pm

SWEDD523 wrote:I don't think he's a superstar nor does he make anything relevant. Andrew Luck would've made us instantly relevant. If Cam develops into the hype then sure, but I don't think he'll offer to such a risky (and controversial) player.

Andrew Luck will be the next Jake Locker, **** him he passed up $50 million, atleast Cam wants to be here, and Cam has much more superstar potential; if Cam can develop the mechanics he has much higher upside then Luck does. IMO it would be a good move for MJ to sign Cam, good press or bad press is still good press.. and Cam is very media savy, he has yet to do something that would damage his character.. Critics are just being very nit-picky.
Pimpwerx wrote:I was a fan of the Lakers...Yankees... It took me almost a decade to become a fan of the Miami teams...I know it's frowned upon, but if you can look at it as an outsider, it's easier to understand why it happens. PEACE.
SWedd523
RealGM

Post#4 » by SWedd523 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:53 pm

Stun704 wrote:he has yet to do something that would damage his character.. Critics are just being very nit-picky.

I'm going to have to disagree there.

I also think Luck is a completely different player from both Locker and Cam.

Either way though, here's to hoping Cam figures everything out.
penquin11
Sixth Man
And1: 148

Post#5 » by penquin11 » Sun May 1, 2011 2:41 am

In my opinion Cam will be a great QB and so will Luck. In my mind Brandford and Luck are the next big pocket QB's while Cam is the next McNabb-Vick superstar guy......
Devilzsidewalk wrote:no, the DB's will just be thinking "damn, I thought that was going to be a run!" as they easily recover to intercept a Ponder pass 10 yards off the mark
Kembastockton
Hornets Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 56

Post#6 » by Kembastockton » Sun May 1, 2011 7:10 pm

I am sure that they are already shooting commercials.
Eoghan
RealGM
And1: 3,293

Post#7 » by Eoghan » Mon May 2, 2011 7:53 pm

I was kind of thinking about this the other day, about how a better partnership b/w the Cats and Panthers could be good for both franchises since they share a large fanbase obviously. But I was thinking more along the lines of using "Panther" blue as our secondary jersey color and going back to orange (or tangerine) as a primary color.

But I think you're right OP, I think Cam as a Jordan Brand would be beneficial, especially if Cam isn't a bust, lol.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#8 » by BigSlam » Mon May 2, 2011 8:48 pm

I can see the appeal of some cross market promotions. Does MJ also have financial interest in any NASCAR operations?
B B M F 'ers
SWedd523
RealGM

Post#9 » by SWedd523 » Mon May 2, 2011 9:32 pm

BigSlam wrote:I can see the appeal of some cross market promotions. Does MJ also have financial interest in any NASCAR operations?

I know he owns a professional motorcycle team and Derek Jeter is on Team Jordan.

I don't know why he wouldn't branch out into the NFL market. He already makes cleats
hotrod
Veteran
And1: 150

Post#10 » by hotrod » Wed May 4, 2011 7:39 pm

BigSlam wrote:I can see the appeal of some cross market promotions. Does MJ also have financial interest in any NASCAR operations?

Denny Hamlin has signed on with Jordan Brand. He is also a season ticket holder.

Jumpman23 Jordan
Help us welcome @DennyHamlin as an official member of #TeamJordan. See what he had to say here: http://j.mp/glJ3rA

Return to Charlotte Hornets