ImageImageImageImageImage

fantasy league thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Re: fantasy league thread 

Post#41 » by br7knicks » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:05 am

ok i'm signed up. i'm going to the knicks game on saturday, so i won't be able to make a draft of one of my teams, but i will be there for this one i hope
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
NYK StateOfMind
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#42 » by NYK StateOfMind » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:10 am

knickfan wrote:Yes, post your email. Since it's less than a week to draft and it's a shortened season some returning Varsity managers may not get in if they don't check their email in time. I'm just dropping invites right and left. This season will definitely have an * next to it.

I love fantasy sports, and would love to work my way up in these leagues. I have alot of pride too, so even if I won't have the best overall team, I'll fight my way for a postseason spot until the very last day of the season. There is nothing worse than joining a league, and having 2-3 people not give full effort, all because they're not headed to the playoffs. It's cheating the league and the people who've tried hard to compete. Last but not least, it's all fun and games, it's not about wins and loses, but you shouldn't join a fantasy league if you're just going to become a sore-loser later on. Just my thoughts. Hope I get an invite.
NYK StateOfMind
Banned User

Post#43 » by NYK StateOfMind » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:16 am

Thanks for the invite man. Just joined. So, the live draft is this Sunday? I'll be there and ready to compete.
livintoolive
Head Coach
And1: 173

Post#44 » by livintoolive » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:19 am

Did this one also have JV leagues?
R-DAWG wrote:i'd rather have the pick to package with Amare's contract next offseason, but hey, I'm just an MBA student at NYU what do I know about business.
knickfan
Head Coach
And1: 84

Post#45 » by knickfan » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:02 am

Yes "JV Leagues" was my idea and concept like 10 years ago, been doin' it since.
http://www.knicksology.com - Knicks board fantasy ball
ITGM
RealGM
And1: 7,955

Post#46 » by ITGM » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:06 am

Any room left? I thought I was the winner of the official Roto league (mjhp), but now I'm all confused.
albert
Veteran
And1: 44

Post#47 » by albert » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:13 am

Can we at least try to limit Varsity at least to guys who have done this before with our board (whether with you knickfan or mjhp)? Seems only fair if we can find guys like that to bump into Varsity first before letting everyone else in.
albert
Veteran
And1: 44

Post#48 » by albert » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:16 am

Here's the list from last year's H2H in mjhp's "Champions H2H" league:

Jstarks3
Fat Kat
Knickman5000
Nyknicks1714
HarpStarkOakEw
Undesirables I
frankwilliamsSMH
towelie
2pacalypse
hoopaholics
runnyc's NY allstarz
knickfan
Head Coach

Post#49 » by knickfan » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:17 am

The Roto Champ as designated on the front page of the website: http://www.knicksology.com is bishynkfan

albert, usually we do limit Varsity to the ones who have done it before and usually no is in there who hasn't done it before or gone through JV for a few years but being a lockout shortened season I'm trying to rush to get the drafts done before the season starts. With that there may be some V managers getting locked out.
knickfan
Head Coach

Post#50 » by knickfan » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:19 am

Yea mjph's league isn't the same as mine, he started his like 2 seasons ago copying my exact same format. Mine has been going on since 2002 and all records will reflect whatever happened in mine. It doesn't matter if you won in his or anyone else's league, the records will only reflect if you've won in this one.
ITGM
RealGM

Post#51 » by ITGM » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:22 am

knickfan wrote:The Roto Champ as designated on the front page of the website: http://www.knicksology.com is bishynkfan

albert, usually we do limit Varsity to the ones who have done it before and usually no is in there who hasn't done it before or gone through JV for a few years but being a lockout shortened season I'm trying to rush to get the drafts done before the season starts. With that there may be some V managers getting locked out.

My mistake, I was the winner of the D-League H2H

http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.c ... rum_jvroto

Third place winner of the Roto

http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.c ... arsityroto

If there's any room for a competitive prolific winner.... let me know... I'd like to be down with the OFFICIAL REALGM league this time.
knickfan
Head Coach

Post#52 » by knickfan » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:22 am

Just post your email ITGM or email me knickfan07 AT yahoo
knickfan
Head Coach

Post#53 » by knickfan » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:25 am

In the past years, my system has always had the most competitive fantasy ballers on the boards. Just the past 2 seasons and this lockout shortened one we may have disparity. The past 2 due to all the fantasy confusion on this board with the similar leagues and this year because of the lockout. We'll get it all straightened out and next season resume on time with the proper posters given ample to check into their leagues.
NYK StateOfMind
Banned User

Post#54 » by NYK StateOfMind » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:33 am

knickfan wrote:In the past years, my system has always had the most competitive fantasy ballers on the boards. Just the past 2 seasons and this lockout shortened one we may have disparity. The past 2 due to all the fantasy confusion on this board with the similar leagues and this year because of the lockout. We'll get it all straightened out and next season resume on time with the proper posters given ample to check into their leagues.

I backed out of the one and only league that I was going to take part in, for this league that you've been running. I can tell already tell, that as a league owner... You know exactly what you're doing. It also seems as if, that everyone who joins your league(s), are joining because they know you run a LEGIT league first and foremost.

Thanks for the chance, and you'll see that I give it my all; no matter my overall record or playoff seeding.
ITGM
RealGM

Post#55 » by ITGM » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:43 am

knickfan wrote:Just post your email ITGM or email me knickfan07 AT yahoo

Sweet... I sent you an email.
Howard Stern
Head Coach
And1: 0

Post#56 » by Howard Stern » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:08 am

Thanks "knicksfan" for the invite. Looking forward to the draft.
livintoolive
Head Coach
And1: 173

Post#57 » by livintoolive » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:08 pm

Alright, thanks for doing this (every year) knickfan. I've been in JV H2H for a few years, hopefully this will be the year I can place to make it into the big boys club. Looking forward to another year of fantasy, let me know if you need my e-mail or if you will just renew.

Thanks again!
R-DAWG wrote:i'd rather have the pick to package with Amare's contract next offseason, but hey, I'm just an MBA student at NYU what do I know about business.
br7knicks

Post#58 » by br7knicks » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:20 pm

i was in roto last year, with ITGM i believe
RIP, magnumt '19

Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,147

Post#59 » by Fat Kat » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:30 pm

knickfan wrote:If it turns out that like 90% of the managers can't make it then we'll probably move it but since there isn't much time till the season starts due to the lockout and all it's what we can work with. We've had auto draft winners before though!

No problem. I figured with the Giants game being on or people that attend church, Sunday afternoon is an odd time to hold a draft.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
br7knicks

Post#60 » by br7knicks » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:18 pm

you should do it like how Formula One used to do it. the bottom tier of teams move from varsity to JV, and vice versa with JV to varsity.

so in a varsity league of 10 teams, the bottom 4 teams would move down to JV, and in the JV league, the top 4 teams would move up to Varsity.
RIP, magnumt '19

Return to New York Knicks