ImageImageImageImage

Trade Up For RGIII Or Draft Skill Players?

mcfly1204
General Manager
And1: 1,839

Trade Up For RGIII Or Draft Skill Players? 

Post#1 » by mcfly1204 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:02 pm

Pretty straight forward, should Cleveland package their first round picks to get RGIII with the #2 pick, or do they draft Blackmon or Richardson, and then a complimentary player at #22?

I am on the fence with this myself. I do not think McCoy really got a shot in Cleveland, so it feels premature to look to draft another potential franchise QB this early. To add to that, it would be nice to put some quality skill players around McCoy. With that being said, RGIII looks to be a freak athlete that could really open things up for the Browns offense. Trade up for RGIII and then look to resign HIllis?
Well at least we're not Detroit!
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Re: Trade Up For RGIII Or Draft Skill Players? 

Post#2 » by B Mac » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:18 am

Im all for trading up for RG3 and then spending some legit money on a WR in free agency (Dwayne Bowe or Stevie Johnson). Draft an O-lineman in the 2nd or 3rd round, re-sign Hillis, and suddenly our offense can show some life.
mcfly1204
General Manager

Post#3 » by mcfly1204 » Thu Mar 1, 2012 8:50 pm

I am not that interested in keeping Hillis in Cleveland. Yeah, there is a lot to like about him as a player, but he is showing signs of being problematic off the field. I am warming up to the idea of drafting Blackmon at #4 and Wright at #22. That would give Cleveland a goto receiver as well as a deep ball threat. Add in Little and our tight ends, and McCoy would not have any excuses. One thing is for certain though, we have to draft a QB at some point this year.
mcfly1204
General Manager

Post#4 » by mcfly1204 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:37 pm

Well I guess that answers that one. Sure, RGIII could end up being worth the haul the Washington gave up, but I am glad we did not go down that road.
reeDfense
Sophomore
And1: 6

Post#5 » by reeDfense » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:54 pm

congrats...you guys just drafted chris weinke 2.0 =( were better off picking up a recieve and actually giving colt some weapons =( man did the front office drop the ball...especially a player who had a 4th round grade..and turns 29 in october...and he is the "future" of the franchise..SMH
mcfly1204
General Manager

Post#6 » by mcfly1204 » Wed May 2, 2012 1:06 pm

The Browns addressed every position of need. I may not agree with a couple of the selections, but I understand the intent. It seems clear to me that Cleveland drafted to get some wins sooner rather than later. They will go into the season with a healthy competition at QB, and they now have the ultimate weapon for a young QB, a potentially elite RB.

Return to Cleveland Browns