ImageImageImageImageImage

Tyreke On Trade Block

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

bestshowintown
Ballboy
And1: 1

Tyreke On Trade Block 

Post#1 » by bestshowintown » Fri Mar 2, 2012 9:11 pm

I hope its not true. Two blogs reporting it, plus Jason Jones.

http://aroyalpain.com/
http://www.kings-nation.com/2012/03/is- ... block.html
ed4knicks
Freshman
And1: 0

Re: Tyreke On Trade Block 

Post#2 » by ed4knicks » Fri Mar 2, 2012 10:12 pm

tyreke need to be traded kings already choose their franchise future in demarcus, tyreke will demand big money in two years and i don't think kings will give him big contract.

if kings want to trade tyreke now perhaps for big names in trading block like gasol or rondo, and maybe odom... other than that i don't think there is other who have equal value for tyreke.

there are few trade scenario that good for kings and other team too:
1. tyreke & thompson/hickson to boston, rondo to kings
2. tyreke to dallas, odom to kings
3. tyreke & salmons & thompson/hickson to lakers, gasol & filler & dallas 1st to kings

i like tyreke and personally want him to be traded he is mistreated by smart and kings no longer see him as 1st choice franchise player. It's better for both of tyreke and kings to trade him now either lose him in free agency two years from now.
Sacballer916
Freshman

Post#3 » by Sacballer916 » Fri Mar 2, 2012 10:37 pm

Hope its true. Let's make some moves!
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,245

Post#4 » by blind prophet » Fri Mar 2, 2012 11:04 pm

I don't think so, think the kings will want to see where the draft cards fall and what is available before they make a move if they do.

Draft day trade if Tyreke does get traded.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#5 » by SacKingZZZ » Fri Mar 2, 2012 11:13 pm

Kings aren't going to move Reke, no way, not now. Also didn't really read anything there that stated he was "on the block". More like, if a great deal comes along sure! But not, "he's on his way out".
dozencousins
Analyst
And1: 135

Post#6 » by dozencousins » Fri Mar 2, 2012 11:23 pm

Tyreke being traded to me makes sense I have been saying for awhile now as good as he is / can be . He has not grown enough as a player & he makes more mistakes that hurt us rather than more positives .
I could see a deal of Tyreke & Salmons for P. Pierce
I can see on the outside slim chance of Tyreke being packaged in a deal for D12 though very slim chance at best
Possibly packaged for D.Williams
Tyreks for Odom has 0 % chance IMO

I could see Tyreke in a deal to Portland with Batum involved
Tyreke to the Raptors with Salmons for CALDERON & an unprotected 1st round pick 2012 makes sense to me if not getting that plus a 2nd future 1st in the deal .
I can also see the possibilites of Tyreke to the Wolves in a deal or Tyreke to the Clippers for 1 of their point guards not named CP3 along with Minny's unprotected 1st round pick this next draft .

I see lots of possibilities for Tyreke being traded
ed4knicks
Freshman

Post#7 » by ed4knicks » Fri Mar 2, 2012 11:45 pm

one of the good scenario is tyreke & jimmer to utah , gordon hayward & favors to kings.

You get your future SF and PF with rookie contract in hayward and favors in this trade but i doubt maloof wants to part with his money maker (jimmer).
boogie-reke
Head Coach
And1: 244

Post#8 » by boogie-reke » Sat Mar 3, 2012 12:35 am

I said before, i'd love to have Favors. he's ideal next to Cousins.
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,496

Post#9 » by pillwenney » Sat Mar 3, 2012 12:45 am

Like with pretty much every player that's ever been on the team, my attitude is "Depends on who it's for."
boogie-reke
Head Coach

Post#10 » by boogie-reke » Sat Mar 3, 2012 12:50 am

Would you guys do that Reke and Jimmer for Favors and Hayward deal?

Jazz got Burks so I don't know if they'de really need Reke all that much tho.
bestshowintown
Ballboy

Post#11 » by bestshowintown » Sat Mar 3, 2012 12:59 am

boogie-reke wrote:Would you guys do that Reke and Jimmer for Favors and Hayward deal?

Hell no. Not I.

I'd do Jimmer and Thornton. I'd do Jimmer and JT. I'd include Isaiah if you like. But not Tyreke. Still think Reke will be a stud within 2-3 years. All he need is a mid range game and coaches who don't switch his role every few weeks.

We can get a better big than Favors in the draft if we use our pick. So why trade Reke? The point is to add to a Reke/Cousins core.
rpa
RealGM
And1: 7,453

Post#12 » by rpa » Sat Mar 3, 2012 1:04 am

pillwenney wrote:Like with pretty much every player that's ever been on the team, my attitude is "Depends on who it's for."

This

However, I'm of the opinion (now) that I'd rather trade Evans sooner rather than later. IMO he should be gone no later than draft day.

It's actually funny. People told us up and down that Cousins would be like Zach Randolph--that he'd wear out his welcome with a couple teams before getting his crap together and leading a team. But this is really what I'm starting to see in Evans. Given that it's his 3rd year in the league and he hasn't improved AT ALL, I really think it's time to sell high on him before a couple things happen:
1) Teams realize he's never going to get a jumpshot.
2) We have to give him a big extension and he's locked into making $10-12mil a year

At this point he still has the "he's young and cheap" angle going for him. This time next year a team will worry about being forced to reup him with very little evaluation time. This time two years from now and teams will see a huge price tag attached to him (from a new contract). They'll also see his lack of improvement.

Evans may end up excelling elsewhere, but that's not what we should care about. All we should care about is will he excel with the Kings. Right now, I think the answer to that is a clear no. And the more time passes, and the more teams see that Evans is the worst shooting wing in the entire league (yes, he is) the further his value will drop. At this point, you need to sell while his value is still somewhat high. Once next year starts, he won't have the crutches he has now. Right now you can say ...
- Well, he was bad last year due to ankle issues.
- Well, he was bad this year due to the lockout and the coaching change
But next year? No excuses.

I'd love to see the Kings attempt to go the way of Denver and pawn off Evans for a handful of solid, young players. No stars or superstars necessarily, but good role players who can give you 25-30 minutes a game. Build the team around Cousins with guys who can shoot, are willing passers, and can play defense.
boogie-reke
Head Coach

Post#13 » by boogie-reke » Sat Mar 3, 2012 1:15 am

bestshowintown wrote:
boogie-reke wrote:Would you guys do that Reke and Jimmer for Favors and Hayward deal?

Hell no. Not I.

I'd do Jimmer and Thornton. I'd do Jimmer and JT. I'd include Isaiah if you like. But not Tyreke. Still think Reke will be a stud within 2-3 years. All he need is a mid range game and coaches who don't switch his role every few weeks.

We can get a better big than Favors in the draft if we use our pick. So why trade Reke? The point is to add to a Reke/Cousins core.

We can't get a better bigmen and fit more then Favors in this draft assuming we're not getting the number 1 pick and Anthony Davis.

"All he need is a mid range game" - that sounds so simple and easy yet it isn't.

Tyreke has regressed in each of his 3 seasons, rookie season being the highest and current season being the lowest in %s all across the board other then at the rim(where he progressed each year and is with an elite 62% currently), from 3-9 feet, 10-15, 16-23 and three point shots.

I think getting some kind of a deal involving Reke and Favors would be good for us as he is the best compliment to Cousins as a frontcourt player... Tyreke can surely develop into a fantastic player - but this just doesn't look like it's gonna happen with us, and we need to focus on efforts building around Cousins and adding pieces that compliment\help him, and by that our team.

Don't know if Utah needs Reke, but that could be interesting.
dozencousins
Analyst
And1: 135

Post#14 » by dozencousins » Sat Mar 3, 2012 2:40 am

Well late in the 4th quarter in the Celtics game R.ALLEN still has not played as far as I know he is not hurt . I wonder if he been traded if we are involved I would be willing to bet its a 3 team deal because he & thorton play the same position & I doubt we trade thorton in the deal so who knows . If we trade tonight hope its before the game starts tonight !
rekecousbeast
Ballboy

Post#15 » by rekecousbeast » Sat Mar 3, 2012 2:44 am

Tyreke for Odom? Are out of your mind? Odom is terrible and was given away by the Lakers.
ADoaN17
Lead Assistant
And1: 312

Post#16 » by ADoaN17 » Sat Mar 3, 2012 3:00 am

rekecousbeast wrote:Tyreke for Odom? Are out of your mind? Odom is terrible and was given away by the Lakers.
Bobo the King
Ballboy

Post#17 » by Bobo the King » Sat Mar 3, 2012 3:05 am

It was apparent from his first game that Evans is a layup beast. He's still a tremendous asset to the team because he has an amazing ability to always be one step ahead of a defender.

But what happens when he falls just one step behind? Where is Evans going to be in ten or even just five years? Sell him now while he still has his quickness. I think an Evans for Curry trade last year would have been ideal, though I think that door is closing. I also like Evans for Rondo. Whatever the move, I don't see him being in a Kings uniform in eight years, so let's dump him while he has value.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#18 » by City of Trees » Sat Mar 3, 2012 3:15 am

The tweet referenced trading Reke for a VET LEADER, not a young big or an over the hill player...

IMO GP probably had discussions with BOS about Rondo and Reke's name was involved.

Honestly I dont see a straight up trade that both teams would agree on if Reke was the incoming piece.. Seems to me the Kings would have to package a multi player deal.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#19 » by City of Trees » Sat Mar 3, 2012 3:26 am

BTW Kings have the second highest scoring backcourt (Evans/Thornton) in the NBA.. Second to GS
diogo_pt
Pro Prospect
And1: 17

Post#20 » by diogo_pt » Sat Mar 3, 2012 3:31 am

rekecousbeast wrote:Tyreke for Odom? Are out of your mind? Odom is terrible and was given away by the Lakers.

Geez :o

Odom??? You can't be serious

Return to Sacramento Kings