ImageImageImageImage

Around the League

Moderator: theBigLip

TSE
Banned User
And1: 9

Re: Around the League 

Post#501 » by TSE » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:20 pm

It's too expensive to pay both Gosder and Winston to cover the RT position, cause I don't think they will be moving Gosder to LT. And we can't just suggest trades cause Mayhew doesn't really go that route. Virtually every player on our team could be traded if we wanted to improve any position, but that's not a fair a way to brainstorm about solving problems cause that's my solution for everything that gets in the way of us winning the SB and we aren't using the medium of "trading" or "buying and selling" as the means to improving the team.
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#502 » by Icness » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:14 am

Winston is going to sign in Miami, just not right away.

Two moves that help the Lions:
--it appears Scott Wells is not going back to Green Bay. He's a pretty solid center, good fit with them. And they're not getting Chris Myers, who is better. Their OL just got more suspect.

--Vincent Jackson went to Tampa Bay and not Chicago or Houston. He's >> Brandon Marshall and not a strange guy.

I'm not crazy about the trade for Marshall for Chicago. The price is right but this is a guy that has been dumped by two wideout-needy teams in three years in his prime. Chicago offense is going to look a lot different with no Martz and now a legit #1 wideout.

FYI the Lions are pushing hard for Geoff Schwartz, who would be an upgrade at either guard spot. Very solid player, great at backside blocking on runs and blitz pickup.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#503 » by ajaX82 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:53 am

Icness wrote:
FYI the Lions are pushing hard for Geoff Schwartz, who would be an upgrade at either guard spot. Very solid player, great at backside blocking on runs and blitz pickup.

Only 26 and can play G or T. I like it. At worst he is depth and competition
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#504 » by ajaX82 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:14 am

And Reggie Wayne back to the Colts? Didn't see that one coming, but I hear Andrew Luck is supposed to be decent or something
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#505 » by Icness » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:59 pm

ajaX82 wrote:And Reggie Wayne back to the Colts? Didn't see that one coming, but I hear Andrew Luck is supposed to be decent or something

:lol:
Nice bone to throw to Luck. Wayne might catch 120 passes just because there's nobody else to throw the ball.
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#506 » by ajaX82 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:12 am

Eric Wright got 37 million from TB. CB is definitely on the needs list
Lionlifer
Rookie
And1: 626

Post#507 » by Lionlifer » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:19 pm

ajaX82 wrote:Eric Wright got 37 million from TB. CB is definitely on the needs list

I have mixed feelings about him leaving; on one hand it thins us out more at CB, on the other hand, I don't have to watch him get burned anymore...
2016 Pistons All Time Fantasy League Champ!
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#508 » by ajaX82 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:33 pm

Tebow to the Jets, Saints lose two second rounders and Payton gone for a year. crazy day
Lionlifer
Rookie
And1: 626

Post#509 » by Lionlifer » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:07 pm

ajaX82 wrote:Tebow to the Jets, Saints lose two second rounders and Payton gone for a year. crazy day

The Tebow move made me laugh for a couple of reasons:

1) My boy Drew Stanton left the Lions to be the Jets number 2, and with Tebow on the scene, he is now the number 3 again more than likely

2) It gives the Jets another QB who isn't as good as his hype...I'm also looking at you Sanchez

3) It finally gives Tebow a role I think he is made for, Wildcat QB

4) You put the most religous man in the league on a team coached by Rex Ryan

Should be entertaining to say the least

Edit: This also gives the Jets a QB controversy waiting to happen, which could be the best part of the whole trade!
2016 Pistons All Time Fantasy League Champ!
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#510 » by ajaX82 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:02 pm

^ I agree completely. Stanton is already saying he wants to be traded or released. I almost feel bad for him
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#511 » by chrbal » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:36 pm

I like that Drew Staton is making demands. Whos next, Vernon Macklin?
TSE
Banned User

Post#512 » by TSE » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:08 am

ajaX82 wrote:^ I agree completely. Stanton is already saying he wants to be traded or released. I almost feel bad for him

I don't, he picked the Jets and/or took bad advice from his agent. He should have contemplated all of his choices and figured out when was the best time and what was the best process to secure the best deal for his future happiness. He has a lousy agent that didn't clearly describe the pros/cons of his decision and he put himself at risk of being in the wrong spot by how he went about his decision making process. Either way it's Drew's fault, he failed to properly vet the talent of his agent to get the right agent that would perform in accordance with what he was hoping to accomplish. He could have jumped on this board and found me and asked for my opinion, but he didn't do that, he trusted somebody else and I don't see why his agent would be the person he should have entrusted his future to when I think I clearly could have given him better advice and I would have been willing to do it for free.

Nobody forced him to remain ignorant and to be lazy with respect to finding a more intelligent course of action. I have zero sympathy for him. Next time he has a major sports-strategy decision to make, he can check with me as I'm THE best in the world, or it's on him to live with the consequences of whatever person's advice he chooses to rely upon.
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,264

Post#513 » by Piston Pete » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:15 am

:roll: I felt sorry for Stanton, until I read that. Now I feel sorry for you.
TSE
Banned User

Post#514 » by TSE » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:42 am

Oh ok, well thank you for your concern. I'll be alright and I encourage you to focus your concerns on bigger issues that face this world as I'm pretty much near my own personal peak of happiness and success in life thus far. Whether I'm living in a delusional world or I not, I wouldn't know it and others need the care and attention more than myself; please consider sharing your condolences with them instead.
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#515 » by ajaX82 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:24 pm

Well Stanton got his wish and got dealt to Indy. Hope he sticks as their #2
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#516 » by Icness » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:59 am

He also got more of his deal guaranteed because of the trade. Wound up making him some cash and he's in a better situation.
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,264

Post#517 » by Piston Pete » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:29 pm

How poorly have the Saints been run?

Bounty system? Check
GM eavesdropping on opposing teams during games? Check

Anything else I'm missing?
kellmellus50
Starter
And1: 137

Post#518 » by kellmellus50 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:24 pm

Piston Pete wrote:How poorly have the Saints been run?

Bounty system? Check
GM eavesdropping on opposing teams during games? Check

Anything else I'm missing?

They beat the lions in the playoffs so they can't be all that bad.
TSE
Banned User

Post#519 » by TSE » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:38 pm

Rumors starting to swirl that Arizona is in the market for a veteran QB. A Shaun Hill trade might be just what they need! Oh and the Steelers just fired their ST coordinator, they realize sometimes it's better late than never to right a ship; interesting move.

Update: 1st series for Arizona and John Skelton takes a brutal sack on the first play, and then on the second play he throws a terrible deep ball INT that could have been returned 40 yards for a TD if the interceptor took the right angle. And then he limped off the field because he took a massive hit on that second snap too.
TSE
Banned User

Post#520 » by TSE » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:23 am

How about we see what Jim Irsay from the Colts is looking at with all of his Twitter trade banter? We could give him Avril for his 1st Rounder and then get David Amerson. Or possibly the first pick in the draft to trade down to 5 and get Amerson and then some lol.

Return to Detroit Lions