Moderator: TyCobb

dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,679

Abreu: Play me or trade me 

Post#1 » by dockingsched » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:42 am

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/stor ... day-traded

TEMPE, Ariz. -- If the Los Angeles Angels don't have a position for Bobby Abreu as an every-day player, then they must trade him somewhere else before the start of the season, Abreu told ESPNdeportesLosAngeles.com on Tuesday.

"I'm an every-day player. I can still be in the lineup for a Major League team," said Abreu from his native Venezuela. "I will not be on the bench knowing that I can play.

"If the Angels don't have a position for me, then the best thing is to trade me. It would be the correct (thing) to do. I won't be able to do nothing sitting in the bench."

Scioscia said on Monday that he talked to Abreu last month to discuss his role in the team.

"I talked to Bobby, and he told me he wants to play every day, but he understands the potential in this team to win and he understands the situation," said Scioscia.

Said Abreu: "Yes, I spoke to Scioscia, but the conversation had nothing to do about me being a bench player. He told me I will start one day in the left field, another in right and another as a designated hitter."

"We are on the same page in the sense that we both want the team to compete and go far into the playoffs, but we never reached an agreement in respect to me becoming a bench player," he added...
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,819

Re: Abreu: Play me or trade me 

Post#2 » by TyCobb » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:13 am

Sounds like he might be going to the Indians.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,679

Re: Abreu: Play me or trade me 

Post#3 » by dockingsched » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:46 am

hopefully it gets done. he's been so awful this spring.

http://aldengonzalez.mlblogs.com/2012/0 ... e-indians/
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore

Return to Los Angeles Angels