Doron Lamb

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

likwitdesi
Starter
And1: 60

Doron Lamb 

Post#1 » by likwitdesi » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:38 am

What does everyone think of him? He seems like one of those guys you get in the 20s who will stick around as a role player for 10 years.

Definitely would be a fantastic fit with Wall
boogie-reke
Head Coach
And1: 244

Re: Doron Lamb 

Post#2 » by boogie-reke » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:46 am

I'd even take him closer to the lottary, he wouldn't reach 20 on my board.

One of the safest bets in this draft imo.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,370

Post#3 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:12 am

Courtney Lee-ish.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
fredericklove
Banned User
And1: 6,398

Post#4 » by fredericklove » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:07 am

JR Smith with better floor game.
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,307

Post#5 » by DirtyDez » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:12 am

I like him as a combo guard off the bench. Best shooter in the draft. A rich man's Daequan Cook?
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#6 » by Rockmaninoff » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:04 pm

DirtyDez wrote:I like him as a combo guard off the bench. Best shooter in the draft. A rich man's Daequan Cook?

You might be describing John Jenkins.

Doron Lamb is better with the ball. His upside is a Jason Terry type 6th man.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#7 » by ManualRam » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:57 pm

i too think he's one of the safest bets in the draft. he's not a slasher but, can handle the ball, run PnR and otherwise make jump shots from every level of the floor. if he can add the ability to come off screens and shoot, i think he has the chance to be a 17-18 ppg scorer. he has a solid floor game as well.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,046

Post#8 » by shangrila » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:22 pm

He's definitely a safe bet. I'm not as high on him as some of you though. I think, at best, he's the kind of perimeter guy you'd have next to a star (sort of like Ariza/Artest to Kobe).
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Post#9 » by sipclip » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:30 pm

I think he would be a great fit in the hornets backcourt with Gordon but taking him with the minny pick is a little early.
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#10 » by Nivek » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:07 pm

Safe bet for what exactly? He's definitely a good shooter, but he hasn't shown a lot else to his game. In my rating system, I have him as a late 1st or early 2nd round pick (depending on how many underclassmen go back to school, of course). If I was a GM, I'd a) want him to go back to school for another year to show more dimension to his game, and b) I'd be content to let him go somewhere else unless I could get him where I have him rated.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
ManualRam
RealGM

Post#11 » by ManualRam » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:24 pm

Nivek wrote:Safe bet for what exactly? He's definitely a good shooter, but he hasn't shown a lot else to his game. In my rating system, I have him as a late 1st or early 2nd round pick (depending on how many underclassmen go back to school, of course). If I was a GM, I'd a) want him to go back to school for another year to show more dimension to his game, and b) I'd be content to let him go somewhere else unless I could get him where I have him rated.

he showed that he can handle the ball, has a solid floor game, can run PnR, can defend adequately, make shots from deep and off the bounce in the mid-range area.
if you think that all he is is just a shooter, then you werent paying attention. he doesnt need to go back.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,486

Post#12 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:33 pm

Even if he was just a shooter (and he's not) he'd still be safe. You can be a rotation player just by hitting spot up 3s at a really high percentage + not making mistakes. OKC would rather have him right now than Daequon Cook (17mpg this year) IMO
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#13 » by Nivek » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:24 pm

I agree that Lamb can be part of a rotation. The question is about where to pick him, though. I wouldn't pick him as high as apparently you guys would. :) He's definitely a professional-level shooter. Reminds me a bit of Dell Curry back in the day (although Curry did more rebounding, assisting and stealing -- although Curry also didn't play on a super team). Also a bit of Randolph Childress, who was an NBA bust.

There definitely weren't many rebounds to go around after Davis, MKG and Jones were finished. Interesting player. I agree he'll have a role as a shooter -- probably for a long time. I still do wonder about the rest of his contributions.

And yes, ManualRam, I have been paying attention. ;)
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
ManualRam
RealGM

Post#14 » by ManualRam » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:32 pm

Nivek wrote:
And yes, ManualRam, I have been paying attention. ;)

then you would see that he was also the back up PG and distributed the ball well, while also being able to get shots and run plays utilizing ball screens.
he's not just a shooter.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#15 » by Rockmaninoff » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:46 pm

My only qualm with D. Lamb is he isn't a great defender. But if he's coming off the bench, that's not a huge deal.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
boogie-reke
Head Coach
And1: 244

Post#16 » by boogie-reke » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:35 pm

One of the more important things for me seeing him as a prospect and a pick is - this kid has already shown he can and knows how to play a role.

He was a stacked team and a winning team, and he did his role without much complaining - improved his weakness(defense), fed off his friends, and helped the team win.

There's not much adjusting that this kid will have to do. he shown he can handle(under pressure too) and work the offense if needs be, he shown he can also penetrate and go inside at times although that needs improvement aswell.

He has a very nice frame to fill into, he's an elite knockdown shooter in a variety of ways - good size, solid athletic ability - I said in the other thread too, what's not to like about this kid?

We can pretty much assume his offensive game will only grow from here(encouraging sign on how he took notice and improved his defense when he was called on it by Cal) - He's just a surefire player in this league for a lot of years, be it as a scoring punch off the bench or a starter at the 2 guard.

Again, to me he's just a really really safe pick. Just like Faried was last year. I know what i'll get from this kid. I can't say that about alot of players - and even if he isn't having a ceiling to be a star(although imo I can see him developing to a Jason Terry type) that's reason enough for me to have him really near the lottary or even in it as a prospect.
King d
Banned User
And1: 40

Post#17 » by King d » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:31 am

Wayne Ellington 2.0
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,370

Post#18 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:17 am

King d wrote:Wayne Ellington 2.0

He looks a ton better then Ellington IMHO.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
King d
Banned User
And1: 40

Post#19 » by King d » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:16 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:

What's the difference between them? because I honestly can't find it. I would even say Wayne was a better prospect coming out of NC, more athletic and with a better all around game.
ManualRam
RealGM

Post#20 » by ManualRam » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:36 am

King d wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:

What's the difference between them? because I honestly can't find it. I would even say Wayne was a better prospect coming out of NC, more athletic and with a better all around game.

lamb is the better ball-handler, defender and has a quicker release with better elevation on his jumper.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo

Return to NBA Draft