Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Re: Doron Lamb 

Post#41 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:27 pm

King d wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:LOL @ Wayne Ellington being an athletic freak. :rofl:

Lol @ you saying he isn't athletic. Owned for you after watching his combine numbers.

That's what you get for being a casual nba fan :lol:

Lol @ you judging athleticism strictly off combine #'s.

You called Wayne Ellington an athletic freak, he is not, you are wrong, it's that simple.

There is no gray area here, Wayne Ellington is not an athletic freak, case closed.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
bigfan26
Junior
And1: 11

Post#42 » by bigfan26 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:56 pm

Is there any chance the bulls can draft this man? Anyway? At all?

A knockdown shooter who can stretch the floor, secondary ballhandler who can run pNr, solid defender who knows and plays within his role.

Potential to be a Jason terry is PERFECT for the bulls.

Where do you see him getting drafted. 15 - 25?
Superiorblogman
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#43 » by Superiorblogman » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:34 am

Lamb is legit offensively but defensively he may be one of the most undesirable 1st rd prospects
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#44 » by AQuintus » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:25 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:
There is no gray area here, Wayne Ellington is not an athletic freak, case closed.

Relative to all people in the world, Ellington could probably be considered a freak. Relative to only other NBA players, though, he's probably below average.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#45 » by vincecarter4pres » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:53 pm

AQuintus wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:

Relative to all people in the world, Ellington could probably be considered a freak. Relative to only other NBA players, though, he's probably below average.

Yes. Well, I might consider him straight average by NBA standards. Might.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Krazy!!!
Starter
And1: 165

Post#46 » by Krazy!!! » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:12 am

Rockmaninoff wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:I like him as a combo guard off the bench. Best shooter in the draft. A rich man's Daequan Cook?

You might be describing John Jenkins.

Doron Lamb is better with the ball. His upside is a Jason Terry type 6th man.

As a Bull fan...my preference is to move up in the draft and select Lamb.....but if he's off the draft board and John Jenkins is available....then Jenkins would be my Plan B.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#47 » by No-Man » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:34 am

I'm getting pretty shocked with his low stock, every draft site had him from 25 to 35, for me 25 should be his floor, I can see him getting drafted as high as 12, he's a really safe and good pick for some teams in late lotto, like Phoenix/Utah for example, and if not, seems to be the perfect fit for Sixers if they can't resign both Williams&Meeks, and they get a 15-17 pick.
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,012

Post#48 » by mattg » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:36 pm

I've said all year that doron is a top 20 pick. There is really no rhyme or reason for him being projected so low. Draft sites seem to overrate a lot of players 'perceived upside' I guess.
King d
Banned User
And1: 40

Post#49 » by King d » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:47 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:
King d wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:LOL @ Wayne Ellington being an athletic freak. :rofl:

Lol @ you saying he isn't athletic. Owned for you after watching his combine numbers.

That's what you get for being a casual nba fan :lol:

Lol @ you judging athleticism strictly off combine #'s.

You called Wayne Ellington an athletic freak, he is not, you are wrong, it's that simple.

Yes , I'm using the combine numbers (usually a very good source used for every nba team to check a guy athletic ability) as there is no way a guy with a 38 inch vertical and who did 13 repetitions at the bench press is not athletic. That's above average.

What are your arguments to say he's not athletic? Just because you don't see him dunking over people doesn't mean he isn't athletic.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#50 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:31 pm

Year after year after year, guys who are not athletic, or at least no better then average athletically on the NBA level post some eye popping numbers.

MarShon Brooks for example tested out as one of the most athletic players in the draft last year at the combine and it's incredibly obvious he's only a touch above average in the NBA.

Return to NBA Draft