2012 draft is here...1st round in the books.

reeDfense
Sophomore
And1: 6

2012 draft is here...1st round in the books. 

Post#1 » by reeDfense » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:33 pm

So the first round is officially in the books...and i must say im not sure the direction the Ravens are trying to go now..In classic ozzie newsome fashion he realized there was a ton of talent that was going to slide into the second round, and decided to move back and compile some extra picks...pretty good move imo...however i have been pondering what they do with those two second round picks..i envision the ravens picking like this

#35- Courtney Upshaw OLB Alabam
And hopefully packaging theire other second round pick with maybe a third to move up to the panthers or bills spot to select...

#40- Peter Konz G/C Wisconsin

possibly down in the third or fourth round...i would like to see them make a play for a safety maybe Janzen Jenkins from Mcnees or Dequan Menzie from Alabam..

also i think on saturday it would be worth the risk to pick up Vontaze Burfict in maybe the 4th or 5th round...yeah there is alot of BS going around about his bad 40 time but..imo..40yd dashes can be deceptive and really lead teams in the wrong direction...just because a guy doesnt dash well doesnt mean he doesnt play fast....Baltimore would be a great locker room for him to come into...Ray would put his foot on burficts throat and motivate him to work harder and become better..and could really pay off in the future...any thoughts??
Jeff23
Lead Assistant
And1: 245

Re: 2012 draft is here...1st round in the books. 

Post#2 » by Jeff23 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:38 pm

Ozzie and his alabama guys. Loving all the picks to be honest. The Bernard Pierce one especially. We have the best GM in the league and its not even close. WR-position needs to be addressed though with the departure of Lee Evans.
reeDfense
Sophomore

Post#3 » by reeDfense » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:05 pm

Man am i happy about that Upshaw pick...if he can get a better work ethic going i think he is going to be a big time play maker for us..Kelechi Osemele was a nice addition as well...he actually at one point had a first round grade...however outside of those selections im not very impressed..Pierce is kinda boring to me..idk..its unfortunate that Hightower was stolen from us..im looking forward to the opening of camp, gonna be a great season.
Jeff23
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by Jeff23 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:32 pm

reeDfense wrote:Man am i happy about that Upshaw pick...if he can get a better work ethic going i think he is going to be a big time play maker for us..Kelechi Osemele was a nice addition as well...he actually at one point had a first round grade...however outside of those selections im not very impressed..Pierce is kinda boring to me..idk..its unfortunate that Hightower was stolen from us..im looking forward to the opening of camp, gonna be a great season.

I think we drafted only one starter in Upshaw right? I really like Osemele, but he played OT in college and i think its gonna take him some time to feel comfortable at OG. We drafted him to be an OG right? I dont want him to play one single snap at OT, his footwork is not good enough, he would get smoked.

How about that Tommy Streeter pick? From the U.. looks like a decent deep-threat, but i dont want him to be our 3rd receiver yet. I really think we need another WR, i am not really high on Doss and LaQuan.
reeDfense
Sophomore

Post#5 » by reeDfense » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:57 pm

Jeff23 wrote:
reeDfense wrote:Man am i happy about that Upshaw pick...if he can get a better work ethic going i think he is going to be a big time play maker for us..Kelechi Osemele was a nice addition as well...he actually at one point had a first round grade...however outside of those selections im not very impressed..Pierce is kinda boring to me..idk..its unfortunate that Hightower was stolen from us..im looking forward to the opening of camp, gonna be a great season.

I think we drafted only one starter in Upshaw right? I really like Osemele, but he played OT in college and i think its gonna take him some time to feel comfortable at OG. We drafted him to be an OG right? I dont want him to play one single snap at OT, his footwork is not good enough, he would get smoked.

How about that Tommy Streeter pick? From the U.. looks like a decent deep-threat, but i dont want him to be our 3rd receiver yet. I really think we need another WR, i am not really high on Doss and LaQuan.

mmm yeah i think upshaw will start right away...i havent been able to find anything on kindle and how he has been progressing and what not..it would be awesome if he could finally get healthy and get some playing time in..however i think the coaching staff is ready to move on from him...i no longer think time is a luxury for kindle...i foresee Osemele playing alot sooner than intended...there isnt much depth and grubbs is gone now...so he might have to step in by default because of how naturally talented he is..i like Tommy Streeter alot..i dont think he will get much PT right away...probably more of a situational talent as of right now..but i could foresee him playing a bigger role once boldin has moved on...yeah i dig smith,williams, and doss...i think they are all very talented and will be a nice core come 2-3 years from now...christian thompson is probably more of a project for now...but he has nice size and speed.
Jeff23
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by Jeff23 » Tue May 1, 2012 6:54 pm

The ravens signed a bunch of free agents... including nick jean-baptiste from Baylor. I dont know how he didnt get drafted, he's a beast.
reeDfense
Sophomore

Post#7 » by reeDfense » Wed May 2, 2012 3:12 pm

yeah..i think jean-baptiste will be a nice backup NT..probably will earn some PT due to terrence cody's constant lack of conditioning.

Return to Baltimore Ravens