Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

crazybranman360
Starter
And1: 37

Re: P. Jones IV 

Post#61 » by crazybranman360 » Thu May 31, 2012 2:03 am

mcfly1204 wrote:
Roger Murdock wrote:
Steely Reserve wrote:Cavs don't have the balls to draft Perry Jones III.

They had the balls to take Tristan Thompson at 4. Its pretty clear they will take whoever they think is the best player by their board, not anyone elses.

Not even a super duper basketball genius that posts on RealGM between lunch and second recess?

Would they take him at 4?

Seems like a great fit. Irving + Scott will push him and he's going to have to be aggresive as he will be the #1 scoring option in a starting 5 of...

Kyrie Irving
Boobie Gibson
Perry Jones III
Tristan Thompson
Anderson Varejo
Wone
Banned User
And1: 34
Location: Jesus is coming for the Rapture of only his true believers. Be ready. Spread the news.

Post#62 » by Wone » Thu May 31, 2012 4:00 am

perry jones's ceiling? all star. he could be the best player in this draft, that's how talented he is.
Wone
Banned User
Location: Jesus is coming for the Rapture of only his true believers. Be ready. Spread the news.

Post#63 » by Wone » Thu May 31, 2012 4:03 am

EvanZ wrote:
Steely Reserve wrote:All the BS propaganda and conjecture won't change the fact Perry cam drive, shoot, and pass. I dont see how he will be consistently stopped at the next level, particularly if he goes somewhere with a quality point guard.

Why didn't he score more than 13.5 points in college then? Anthony Davis scored more than that and he doesn't even have a jump shot.

Durant scores 29 points as a freshman. You think Jones is anywhere near that good? :lol:

who cares about college stats? vince carter scored 13 ppg as a colelge sophomore and look how he turned out, a 7 time all star and one of the best players of his generation. perry jones has that level of talent imo. he could be the next tracy mcgrady.
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#64 » by ManualRam » Thu May 31, 2012 4:18 am

all-star potential with the mentality of a middling role player. he could be the next shawne williams or donte greene.

t-mac? t-mac had legit perimeter skill. pjIII doesnt.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
Wone
Banned User

Post#65 » by Wone » Thu May 31, 2012 4:35 am

ManualRam wrote:all-star potential with the mentality of a middling role player. he could be the next shawne williams or donte greene.

pj the 3 has very good handles. ok maybe tmac is too much but i really think he can be something special.
ManualRam
RealGM

Post#66 » by ManualRam » Thu May 31, 2012 4:42 am

Wone wrote:
ManualRam wrote:all-star potential with the mentality of a middling role player. he could be the next shawne williams or donte greene.

pj the 3 has very good handles. ok maybe tmac is too much but i really think he can be something special.

no he doesnt. good handles for a PF? maybe. good handles for a SF? no.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
DA_SCOUT
Bench Warmer
And1: 276

Post#67 » by DA_SCOUT » Thu May 31, 2012 6:22 am

How many Baylor games did any of you actually watch this season? Its pretty obvious some of you are trolling because you have no idea about his game. I watched almost all his games and can tell you he wasnt used properly by coach Drew, and he definitely is a 3. He also definitely has the talent to be the best player in this draft, and terrific speed for his size. He just needs a good coach to light a fire under him, a la Dwayne Casey. I hope the Raptors select him at 8.

RAPS IN 4.
Brovva Blaqq
Banned User
And1: 67

Post#68 » by Brovva Blaqq » Sat Jun 2, 2012 3:36 pm

Perry is my favorite player in this years draft.

Excellent ball handling skills of a guy of this size, decent jumpshot, good footwork. However I dont know what type of player he might be in the NBA - hopefully he does not turn out to be the next Anthony Randolph...
tdotrep2
RealGM
And1: 25,333

Post#69 » by tdotrep2 » Sat Jun 2, 2012 3:54 pm

everyone saying he doesn't have good handles for a 3... show me what adequate handles for a 3 are.
ManualRam
RealGM

Post#70 » by ManualRam » Sat Jun 2, 2012 6:05 pm

tdotrep2 wrote:everyone saying he doesn't have good handles for a 3... show me what adequate handles for a 3 are.

better than this. if he hangs out on the periemter and tries to beat people off the dribble or create jumpshots from out there he's gonna get swiped, beaten to a spot or knocked off his line with ease.
throughout this video he's trying to take college 4's off the dribble. count how many times he gets a step on his man, turns the corner or gets his man off-balance.
there's is nothing special about his skill level at all, but im sure it looks nice vs chairs.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzPA8OpzaTA[/youtube]
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
Star-Lord
Starter
And1: 1,325

Post#71 » by Star-Lord » Sat Jun 2, 2012 6:31 pm

tdotrep2 wrote:everyone saying he doesn't have good handles for a 3... show me what adequate handles for a 3 are.

Scottie Pippen had some great handles.

The Perry Jones/Tracy McGrady comparison is one of the more insipid and lazy ones I've seen in a while. One is a 6'11", 225 pound power forward. The other is a 6'7", 210 pound guard. Absolutely nothing similar between the two at all.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,366

Post#72 » by vincecarter4pres » Sat Jun 2, 2012 7:19 pm

Steely Reserve wrote:
TheToothFairy wrote:
Geaux_Hawks wrote:New Orleans can kick their rebuild off right by taking Jones and Marshal. Perfect situation with their coach and need for talent.

Is Jones better than Ariza or Aminu?

They should go Drummond and Lilliard/Marshal

Is you serious with this post?

LMAO

Sometimes I think dudes should be banned from having opinions.

Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
crazybranman360
Starter

Post#73 » by crazybranman360 » Sun Jun 3, 2012 3:32 pm

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/sam_amick/06/02/draft.notebook.santa.barbara/index.html

NEED TO READ THIS

Perry Jones explains his lack of production/passiveness in college + what he's doing to change that.

Very convincing
ManualRam
RealGM

Post#74 » by ManualRam » Sun Jun 3, 2012 3:47 pm

crazybranman360 wrote:http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/sam_amick/06/02/draft.notebook.santa.barbara/index.html

NEED TO READ THIS

Perry Jones explains his lack of production/passiveness in college + what he's doing to change that.

Very convincing

it seems you're not hard to convince.
i think if you read the interviews from all the prospects leading up to the draft you'll be convinced that they've all addressed their flaws and will all turn out well.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
crazybranman360
Starter

Post#75 » by crazybranman360 » Sun Jun 3, 2012 3:58 pm

ManualRam wrote:
crazybranman360 wrote:http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/sam_amick/06/02/draft.notebook.santa.barbara/index.html

NEED TO READ THIS

Very convincing

i think if you read the interviews from all the prospects leading up to the draft you'll be convinced that they've all addressed their flaws and will all turn out well.

It does't seem like media training to me. This isn't the end all be all to me but it's just a positive sign
Kaner
Sixth Man
And1: 8

Post#76 » by Kaner » Sun Jun 3, 2012 5:14 pm

Steely Reserve wrote:If Thaddeus Young added two inches and 15 pounds to his frame today then he'd Perry Jones III. Oh yeah, that is until you realize he still wouldn't have Perry's jumping or shooting ability.

You people...

SMH

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZuC4MmMzcg[/youtube]
dballislife
RealGM
And1: 4,913

Post#77 » by dballislife » Mon Jun 4, 2012 1:04 am

he can really get up derr
What is basketball.....basketball is life!
Geaux_Hawks
Lead Assistant
And1: 968

Post#78 » by Geaux_Hawks » Mon Jun 4, 2012 1:41 am

Well since NOH got the #1, no need to take Jones anymore. Although Perry could play the 3, NOH need a PG at 10. I think the next best place for Jones is to fall out of the lottery and go to Dallas. Dirk and Marion can give him some great knowledge and tips on how to use his gifts on offense and defense to become a dominant 2 way player. Jones gift combined with Dirk's work ethic and Marion's defensive mentoring could produce a top 5 player.
boogie-reke
Head Coach
And1: 244

Post#79 » by boogie-reke » Mon Jun 4, 2012 2:04 am

ManualRam wrote:

NEED TO READ THIS

Very convincing

:rofl: just thought the same thing.
crazybranman360
Starter

Post#80 » by crazybranman360 » Mon Jun 4, 2012 3:55 am

What people don't understand about PJIII is that he isn't passive. At Baylor he thought that deferring to his teammates was best for the team and didn't understand that he was needed at a scorer. He was actively trying to help his team win.

This can be fixed at the next level with a team that tells/makes him be a scorer at the next level. Once he understands/accepts this role, he will take off.

He doesn't have the personality to be a GREAT player but a really really good one.
He has a very similar mentality to Lamar Odom

And no im not basing this off that one article

Return to NBA Draft