Jon Henson

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

PaKwAn
Veteran
And1: 1,541

Jon Henson 

Post#1 » by PaKwAn » Thu Jun 7, 2012 5:17 pm

Can someone tell me more about this guy... I haven't really followed him that much and i have read from amick that the kings might be interested with this kid... Any info will be appreciated!
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,524

Re: Jon Henson 

Post#2 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Jun 7, 2012 5:50 pm

His upside is a Serge Ibaka/PF Deandre Jordan type who gets a lot of swats, but isn't the most positional first defender and who is limited offensively. His problem offensively probably comes down to feel, his footwork and hands aren't THAT bad, and he has hit midrange shots this year (though a poor FT% is a bad sign for his shooting). I've had a hunch Sac and Det could take him with a top 6 pick all year just because the plan would be that Cousins/Monroe are the offensive big, Henson is the rim protecting defensive one.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#3 » by Ruzious » Thu Jun 7, 2012 6:00 pm

Well, his lack o bulk and strength is the biggest issue with him, imo. If he had Deandre Jordan's strength, he'd be the 2nd player picked. Physically, he's a lot like Camby - though probably an inch shorter. Great defensive rebounder and shot-blocker. Needs to work on his foul-shooting - it should be better. I think he has un-tapped offensive ability - he can fly from the foul-line to the basket, and he's improved his left hand.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,570

Post#4 » by Frank Nova » Thu Jun 7, 2012 10:22 pm

As a Bucks fan, if the Kings take him at 5 I'll be very happy. As a NBA fan I feel like Henson shouldn't be a lottery pick and Sacramento could do better at 5. I say that about the Bucks tho because I'm hoping is already off the board some dumdum John isn't even tempted to waste our pick on him. Same with Tyler Zeller.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
backstreetboy
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#5 » by backstreetboy » Fri Jun 8, 2012 1:04 am

Henson = keon clark
PaKwAn
Veteran
And1: 1,541

Post#6 » by PaKwAn » Fri Jun 8, 2012 2:53 am

Thanks for the info's! I just hope petrie won't do anything dumb on draft day... I just don't trust him and the maloofs....
JamesNaismith
Banned User
And1: 5

Post#7 » by JamesNaismith » Fri Jun 8, 2012 3:05 am

I think there's a good chance DET takes him; if not then of course it's Sully.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,570

Post#8 » by Frank Nova » Fri Jun 8, 2012 6:24 am

PaKwAn wrote:Thanks for the info's! I just hope petrie won't do anything dumb on draft day... I just don't trust him and the maloofs....

Tyreke, Cousins, Isiah Thomas, Kings have had decent success drafting recently. Jason Thompson was a reach but he's been a solid role player IMO. Jimmer at 10 was hard for any GM to pass up I'm sure. I wouldn't be overly optimistic if I were u because there is always that margin for error but #5 in this draft should be something exciting for u. Unless its Henson lol, then u have very right to be pissed
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis

Return to NBA Draft