10%

Total votes: 31

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Re: OffSeason! 

Post#41 » by SD2042 » Mon Jul 9, 2012 4:36 pm

Hinrich is back in Chi-town as expected. Good move on their part with Rose likely missing the whole season. Weems isn't a shooter,but more or a scorer. Still wouldn't bring him in. If I'm the Grizz, I'm looking at Lee, Meeks, and Rush for our next shooter.
GrizzledGrizzFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 161

Post#42 » by GrizzledGrizzFan » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:19 pm

OK - I can dig the Bayless signing (2 years, second is a player option - at the Mini MLE starting @ $3 million). Follow it up with someone that can somewhat shoot from the outside and the Grizz can call it a day.
casesuggs6
Junior
And1: 50

Post#43 » by casesuggs6 » Mon Aug 6, 2012 12:26 pm

You guys might just get your wish on hoping Rudy Gay gets traded. I'm pretty close with some people in his camp and from what they are telling me, it sounds like he's not happy.
So a trade may just happen here in the future.
BallBoy = New Member/Low Post Count. Everyone has been one.
lilojmayo
Veteran
And1: 356

Post#44 » by lilojmayo » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:25 am

casesuggs6 wrote:You guys might just get your wish on hoping Rudy Gay gets traded. I'm pretty close with some people in his camp and from what they are telling me, it sounds like he's not happy.

Rudy Gay is a big time player. You elected to Let Juice Mayo to go. Gotta keep Rudy now. He the only other Grizz who is a big time shot creator.
OJ Mayo , Michael Jordan , Allen Iverson.
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#45 » by Kabookalu » Wed Oct 3, 2012 7:02 am

lilojmayo wrote:
casesuggs6 wrote:You guys might just get your wish on hoping Rudy Gay gets traded. I'm pretty close with some people in his camp and from what they are telling me, it sounds like he's not happy.

Rudy Gay is a big time player. You elected to Let Juice Mayo to go. Gotta keep Rudy now. He the only other Grizz who is a big time shot creator.

Not exactly, Bayless has that capability, and unlike Wroten and Selby he's proven to be able to do it in the NBA level.
Read on Twitter
Marvin Martian
Head Coach
And1: 5,018

Post#46 » by Marvin Martian » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:35 am

If Quincy Pondexter continues this type of performance, I think we have found a long term solution at SG. We are still in need of a swingman and I still have no idea why Ellington is on the team. His only value is shooting and Selby does it better.
Basketball MVP
Junior
And1: 406

Post#47 » by Basketball MVP » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:53 am

Bayless could either fill the O.J Mayo bench void or become our next starting point guard. I seriously think he has starter potential. Depends on how much scoring load Gay and Z-Bo have.
Memphis basketball
Marvin Martian
Head Coach

Post#48 » by Marvin Martian » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:15 am

Basketball MVP wrote:Bayless could either fill the O.J Mayo bench void or become our next starting point guard. I seriously think he has starter potential. Depends on how much scoring load Gay and Z-Bo have.

Bayless has no shot at either. He's not as good as Conley and he does not have the size to play the 2 spot as OJ Mayo did. I can see Q Pon filing in for Allen for offensive late game situations
Basketball MVP
Junior
And1: 406

Post#49 » by Basketball MVP » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:38 pm

Marvin Martian wrote:
Basketball MVP wrote:Bayless could either fill the O.J Mayo bench void or become our next starting point guard. I seriously think he has starter potential. Depends on how much scoring load Gay and Z-Bo have.

Bayless has no shot at either. He's not as good as Conley and he does not have the size to play the 2 spot as OJ Mayo did. I can see Q Pon filing in for Allen for offensive late game situations

We'll see, Marv.
Memphis basketball
Marvin Martian
Head Coach

Post#50 » by Marvin Martian » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:25 am

Hollins is scaring me. I keep seeing him use a Conley-Bayless backcourt. We are not going to be a top 10 defense if he keeps doing this

Gasol stank it up against Houston.

Gay had a poor game but he got to the line often. I would like to see more of that. This is what a star player should do when his shot isn't falling

Conley is playing like an All Star

Selby should replace Ellington as the spotup shooter.
Marvin Martian
Head Coach

Post#51 » by Marvin Martian » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:30 am

Ellington should be released in favor of Pietrus who is still on the FA market. At least when Pietrus isn't hitting 3s, he is not a liability on defense.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies