Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

diogo_pt
Pro Prospect
And1: 17

Re: Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread - Adebayor stays 

Post#61 » by diogo_pt » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:04 pm

Hulk is not going to Tottenham. They need a replacement for Modric, a goalkeeper, at least another striker (plus Adebayor) and probably a central defender. Can't buy so many players when you will need something like 50M€ to get Hulk out of FCPorto
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#62 » by and1GS » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:39 pm

I pray you're right. AVB was meeting with Hulk a day or so ago, but I'm pretty sure that's just because they're friends from his Porto days.

Hulk would be an awful signing, as it would take far too much to sign him. If we're going to shell out that kind of money do it for Moutinho.
and1GS
RealGM
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#63 » by and1GS » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:40 pm

Berba looks like a likely candidate to return to White Hart Lane, I think that would be a solid signing.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
and1GS
RealGM

Post#64 » by and1GS » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:01 pm

From Kyle Walker's wiki page:
On 22 April 2012, Walker was named as the Professional Footballers' Association Young Player of the Year, beating the likes of Sergio Aguero, Danny Welbeck, Danny Sturridge, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and team mate Gareth Bale to the award, as well as being named in the PFA Team of the Year. However, it was revealed he had performed fellatio on several of the PFA's key members to gain the award. On 29 April, he scored a free-kick from 25 yards to help Tottenham beat Blackburn Rovers 2-0 at White Hart Lane. On 3 May 2012, Walker was awarded with a new five-year contract, that runs until 2017.[25]

:lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#65 » by Slava » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:05 pm

and1GS wrote:Berba looks like a likely candidate to return to White Hart Lane, I think that would be a solid signing.

Could be a pretty solid pairing with Adebayor.

He did really well in our first preseason game as well, playing as an attacking midfielder.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,626

Post#66 » by Baphomet » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:09 pm

I agree with everything and1GS and Diogo said re: Hulk. He is a very good player, and his physicality will be huge in transitioning to the Prem, but we clearly need to address other areas. Porto has priced him out of our realistic range, similarly with Moutinho.

As far as Berbatov is concerned... I really loved him when he played for us. Easily my favourite player in the Lane during those years. He played with such a seemingly disinterested demeanour, then always pulled something completely phenomenal out of nothing. He's still one of the most technically gifted players out there, but didn't he fall out with Levy? I wouldn't be opposed to seeing him return, but I'm not sure it will ever materialize, there's a lot of history there.
and1GS
RealGM

Post#67 » by and1GS » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:07 am

Ah, I didn't follow Spurs back then, what exactly happened?

The price-tag is very low, about 5 mill pounds, and I think he'd be a better back-up than Saha was for us. Would replicate what Ade does and has a similar build.

Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#68 » by Baphomet » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:39 am

and1GS wrote:Ah, I didn't follow Spurs back then, what exactly happened?

The price-tag is very low, about 5 mill pounds, and I think he'd be a better back-up than Saha was for us. Would replicate what Ade does and has a similar build.

Daniel Levy said that he didn't want to sell him, but Berbatov forced his hand and basically paved his own way to Man Utd. He was rumoured to have refused to play unless he was sold, and his refusal to sign a new contract was public knowledge at the time. It was basically a Dwight Howard situation, although less protracted. We got a great price for him, but it was a bitter departure, no doubt.
and1GS
RealGM

Re: Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread - Ledley King retires 

Post#69 » by and1GS » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:33 pm

Ah gotcha.

Ledley King retired!? Can't say I didn't see it coming, read he had to swim for conditioning between matches due to his various injuries. In leadership and strength on the backline, he'll be missed.

Guess the Vertonghen signing is even more important now. Looking at Dawson/Gallas/Vertonghen/Kaboul as our CB rotation.

and1GS
RealGM

Post#70 » by and1GS » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:57 pm

Real to raise their 27 mill offer for Modric...I just want it to be over soon. We can't expect to compete with just our current CMs. However, I think Sandro will be a revelation so we may just need a younger player to wait in the wings for when Parker breaks down throughout the season.
and1GS
RealGM

Post#71 » by and1GS » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:42 pm

Latest on Adebayor transfer...a bit bizarre: http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/07/26 ... am-switch/

He wants Man City to donate 50k of his weekly wages to his various charities in Togo. Apparently he's ready to take a paycut to stay at Spurs, Still holding out hope he stays...and on only a 5 mill transfer that's a steal, reminds me of Real's dutch firesale when we got VDV.

treiz
RealGM
And1: 564

Post#72 » by treiz » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:34 pm

and1GS wrote:Ah gotcha.

Ledley King retired!? Can't say I didn't see it coming, read he had to swim for conditioning between matches due to his various injuries. In leadership and strength on the backline, he'll be missed.

Guess the Vertonghen signing is even more important now. Looking at Dawson/Gallas/Vertonghen/Kaboul as our CB rotation.

Great player, sad injuries ruined him would've loved to have seen him in an England shirt more often. He should go into coaching.
and1GS
RealGM

Post#73 » by and1GS » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:14 am

He's a rgeat leader so I wouldn't doubt he goes into coaching, I could've sworn that option has already been discussed at Tottenham for him.

treiz
RealGM
And1: 564

Post#74 » by treiz » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:35 am

I think it must've been discussed but for the time being he's going to stay as an ambassador
and1GS
RealGM

Post#75 » by and1GS » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:25 pm

He's a class person so I'd love to keep him around Spurs.

and1GS
RealGM

Post#76 » by and1GS » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:32 pm

Another one to go in the silly Adebayor transfer saga: he wants Man City to pay his 5 mill transfer fee...then give it straight to him. I can't make this stuff up at this point.

Apparently we're investigating other options as this stands in limbo.
and1GS
RealGM

Post#77 » by and1GS » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:50 pm

WTF is wrong with Charlie Adam? What scum, trying to injure Bale in a friendly on American soil.

TBH I don't think EPL squads should be playing friendlies against each other, this stuff is bound to happen.

and1GS
RealGM

Post#78 » by and1GS » Thu Aug 2, 2012 4:07 pm

Something I didn't notice until a friend pointed it out...Modric's contract runs through 2014. Makes a lot of sense as to why we're demanding 40 mill from real (word is that we just rejected a 30 mill bid).

Good, I'd much rather keep Modric, and if we qualify for CL I bet he'd stay.

and1GS
RealGM

Post#79 » by and1GS » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:08 pm

Apparently we've agreed a fee for Luka, but won't let him go unless we have a replacement in tow.

Adebayor deal still held up because he wants to keep his 170k wages.

Kane will probably start ahead of Defoe. Not sure if this is a good or a bad thing, don't have high hopes for Kane.
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#80 » by Baphomet » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:25 am

Robin van Persie - in £2.75m / out £24m = £21.25m profit - age: 29 - contract: 1 year left

Luka Modric - in £16m / out £23m (rumoured deal) = £7m profit - age: 26 - contract: 4 years left

:(

As much as it pains me to say it, the Van Persie sale is good business by Arsenal.

Our frontline is truly dreadful and we need a replacement ASAP. Llorente will not happen, he's almost certainly going to go to Juve even if the latest reports are fake. Wouldn't mind Levy having a cheeky bid at Welbeck or Hernandez seeing as how Man Utd's striker depth quality is just ridiculously superfluous right now.

Return to The General Soccer Board