ImageImageImageImageImage

OT - Six Flags Great Adventure (Some final qs on pg3..ty)

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

TimoCruz
Starter
And1: 221

OT - Six Flags Great Adventure (Some final qs on pg3..ty) 

Post#1 » by TimoCruz » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:23 pm

Hey Guys,

I'm assuming alot of New Jersey residents are sticking around on the BK board, so I thought I would post this here.

I was planning to head over to New Jersey in the coming weeks for a weekend trip. I was planning to spend a day in NYC and the next day heading over to Six Flags. I've heard great things about the park. Here in Toronto, we have Canada's Wonderland, which is great, but after years and years it gets pretty redundant if you know what I mean.

I just wanted to get some unbias reviews from you guys regarding the park. If your coming in for a good review, please mention usually what type of tickets you purchase, what rides to go on early in the morning and other words of wisdom you might have lol.

Thanks!
JMaine518
Starter
And1: 156

OT - Six Flags Great Adventure 

Post#2 » by JMaine518 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:53 pm

I recently was at the park on my birthday July 21st. (Sat) Being that it's the end of the summer and your going on the weekend, I advise you to get on all roller coasters early. I'm a thriller kind of guy so I go and get on strictly roller coasters. The Nitro, Kingda Ka, El Torro and the Superman are a few I got on and they were really fun.
TimoCruz
Starter

Re: OT - Six Flags Great Adventure 

Post#3 » by TimoCruz » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:59 pm

I'm kinda like you as well. I'm a big roller coaster guy. I heard there is a specific ticket that allows you to get through the lines faster, a golden ticket or some BS like that. Is that true? Also, usually at wonderland, we have a set route of which coasters to run to first and what order to go in, is there an order that you find that works for you? As well, which roller coasters did you think were the best.

Thank bro
Courtesy of TurboZone
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,432

Post#4 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:07 pm

Yes there is a ticket called I want to say the "Speed Pass". IIRC there are 2 levels of it as well.

The best one is something like $20 a pop more, again, IIRC, but it supposedly cuts the line from a huge wait to like 10 minutes.

I haven't been to Six Flags in years but on a weekend you can probably expect lines of 1 to 2 hours, literally, for the good coasters without it.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
drejeronfire
Banned User
And1: 22

Post#5 » by drejeronfire » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:37 pm

I haven't been in years but used to love going... I can ask someone about the "Speed Pass" thing, I think it's you purchase the regular ticket and then buy the "Speed Pass" on top of it...

I know you can slash the price of the initial ticket by bringing a specially marked Coke can with you:

http://sixflagsticketscoupons.com/coke- ... d-coupons/

(This is a deal that has been going on for years, from year to year the price / actual discount varies but Six Flags and Coke have a pretty strong relationship. If you're in the area you might as well stop by a local conveience store or chain grocery store to see if you can pick up a can / pack of cans on the cheap...)

I'm not too up to date on the new coasters there but the earlier you get to the park the better. Like others have said lines build up on the good coasters...
TimoCruz
Starter

Post#6 » by TimoCruz » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:07 pm

Thanks guys!
Courtesy of TurboZone
Jersey Generals
Lead Assistant
And1: 382

Post#7 » by Jersey Generals » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:52 pm

I go to Great Adventure relatively often, and I've been to Wonderland. It's LOL funny in comparison to Six Flags. On a weekend at the end of the summer, you can expect 1 to 1:30 worth of lines.

A route I'd tell you to go is immediately go to King Da Ka, then to El Toro, and then just follow everything around in a circle: Bizarro, maybe Skull Mountain, Nitro, Batman, and then end with Superman. After you've done the roller coasters, you can go to the other rides, but do the circle like I said, it's quicker and you'll get on more rides.
TimoCruz
Starter

Post#8 » by TimoCruz » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:15 pm

It's called a flash pass: http://www.sixflags.com/greatAdventure/ ... hpass.aspx

Expensive as ...

Parking is $22? Is there a way around the parking. I know parking at wonderland is $9 and you can get away with parking at other places across the street.

@JerseyGenerals. Thanks for that tidbit. I hear Wonderland is terrible compared to amusement parks in the US. I've been to SixFlags in Cali once, but Superman was closed that day. Terrible luck. Regardless, some of the rides were pretty awesome.
Do you usually just get there half hr to an hr early before the park opens and just jet to King Da Ka, as I've heard thats the best ride there. Are there any other rides you would recommend other than the ones mentioned above? Any oter tricks and tips would definitely be appreciated.
Thanks to whoevers responded so far and thanks in advance to whoever else responds. I just want to make sure I have everything mapped/scheduled out considering that the rush will be nuts
Courtesy of TurboZone
JMaine518
Starter
And1: 156

Post#9 » by JMaine518 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:38 pm

Jersey Generals wrote:I go to Great Adventure relatively often, and I've been to Wonderland. It's LOL funny in comparison to Six Flags. On a weekend at the end of the summer, you can expect 1 to 1:30 worth of lines.

A route I'd tell you to go is immediately go to King Da Ka, then to El Toro, and then just follow everything around in a circle: Bizarro, maybe Skull Mountain, Nitro, Batman, and then end with Superman. After you've done the roller coasters, you can go to the other rides, but do the circle like I said, it's quicker and you'll get on more rides.

WHAT HE SAID!
NjNeTs1029
Starter
And1: 98

Post#10 » by NjNeTs1029 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:10 am

i used to go a lot back in HS. Best rides there in order in my opinion are Kingda Ka, El Toro, Nitro, Batman, Bizaro, and then Superman. If you're going on a weekend expect long lines, if you've never been there before a flash pass might be worth it for u even though its pretty expensive. U can reserve a time to go on a ride and then go ride something with a shorter wait while your waiting for your ride time.. also idk if the promotion is still running but bring coke cans and you can get half off or something like that.
Lead Assistant
And1: 277

Post#11 » by 624 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:23 am

Go on Kingda Ka at least once for the experience of the tallest and fastest rollercoaster in the world (might be 2nd now, but it's still tops in the US).

Best 2 rides are Nitro and El Toro though.

I was thinking about going again sometime within the next week or 2, when is the least crowded day to go?
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#12 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:28 am

The Scream Machine is R.I.P. right?
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Lead Assistant
And1: 277

Post#13 » by 624 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:41 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:The Scream Machine is R.I.P. right?

Yes, I went there 2 years ago for my high school senior trip and that thing sucked...destroyed my neck and back.
Shappy
Junior
And1: 0

Post#14 » by Shappy » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:52 am

I am a new Yorker but I have been there many times and enjoy it. You said you were spending a day in NYC? Even if you hate them you have to try to get to a Yankees game and experience the park.
Jersey Generals
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by Jersey Generals » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:59 am

Yeah, that's gone.

Know what one I miss? Batman and Robin: The Chiller. That **** was unreal. Oh, and Viper, that was awesome with it's barrel rolls.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#16 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:08 am

Viper is gone too?

Snap!
Jersey Generals
Lead Assistant

Post#17 » by Jersey Generals » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:09 am

Viper was taken down so El Toro had a home.
drejeronfire
Banned User
And1: 22

Post#18 » by drejeronfire » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:09 am

Jersey Generals wrote:

Yeah, that's gone.

Know what one I miss? Batman and Robin: The Chiller. That **** was unreal. Oh, and Viper, that was awesome with it's barrel rolls.

http://cp3roll.ytmnd.com/
5 Star
Junior
And1: 235

Post#19 » by 5 Star » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:10 am

besides the obvious ones (King da ka, superman, el toro etc), dont sleep on nitro. It is my personal favorite.
MaceCase wrote:I want the Gilbert child's bones ground into powder so I can snort it like cocaine. I will clearly become immortal afterwards.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#20 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:49 am

drejeronfire wrote:
Jersey Generals wrote:

Yeah, that's gone.

http://cp3roll.ytmnd.com/

:rofl2:

Return to Brooklyn Nets