Week 2: Ravens @ Eagles

Jeff23
Lead Assistant
And1: 245

Week 2: Ravens @ Eagles 

Post#1 » by Jeff23 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:30 pm

This is a weird game. The eagles had a bad start and if they were playing in any other city but Cleveland, they would have lost, badly. Week 2 last year sucked, we went to Tennessee just to get destroyed by Matt Hasselbeck and Kenny Brit. Lets hope Mike Vick and Brent Celek dont go nuts on us.

I think our O-Line is gonna perform well and so will our offense, the run-defense is what scares me most. Paul Kruger has struggled defending the run-game, McClellan is good against the run but kinda struggles with recognizing the plays.

This isnt going to be an easy game, lets hope for a win.
icincoi
Junior
And1: 6

Re: Week 2: Ravens @ Eagles 

Post#2 » by icincoi » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:01 am

that was a hard loss, by 1
it was frustrating to watch the 2nd half they couldnt move the ball
reeDfense
Sophomore

Post#3 » by reeDfense » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:21 pm

Man that was a tough loss..I thought for sure the ravens had it the bag...next few weeks look to be a bit rough aswell having to plat Brady, and Ben..
Jeff23
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by Jeff23 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:01 pm

schedule is really tough. We got also screwed by the refs man. That offensive PI call on Jacoby when he beat Nnamdy once again for a TD was disgusting. Also losing Pollard hurt us a lot. IMO he's like the perfect fit next to Ed and if he isnt there next week to stop the Gronk i dont think we're gonna have a good time.

also this was once again a Cam cameron play-calling disaster. All the talk about the new no-huddle offense and all that stuff and then we go to philly and just suck offensively.
icincoi
Junior

Post#5 » by icincoi » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:26 pm

good points, the ref did take a touchdown from them which was a bs call, among a few other no calls
i don't understand why they went away from the no huddle offense that clearly was working for the.

(on a side not i'm usually on the boston celtic forum, is it usually this slow on this forum?)
Jeff23
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by Jeff23 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:44 pm

icincoi wrote:good points, the ref did take a touchdown from them which was a bs call, among a few other no calls
i don't understand why they went away from the no huddle offense that clearly was working for the.

(on a side not i'm usually on the boston celtic forum, is it usually this slow on this forum?)

It is. Me and reeDfense are the only two dudes who post here on or twice a month.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#7 » by miller31time » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:46 pm

We got screwed by the refs. Plain and simple. The Jones TD taken away. The non-called intentional grounding. The non-called hold on Smith which would have led to a scoring opportunity. The BS roughing the passer call. The list goes on and on.

Now, does that mean we played well? No. But we played well enough.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by miller31time » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:50 pm

Next game may well shape our season. A win and we'll be 2-1 going into two should-be wins against Cleveland and Kansas City.

A loss and we're a 1-2 spiraling team that, instead of going into games we should win thinking we have the upper-hand, is going to press and find them harder and harder to win.

I thought we'd start the season 2-1 but had predicted a win at Philly and a loss at home to NE. I'd be just fine with a NE win and a Philly loss.
reeDfense
Sophomore

Post#9 » by reeDfense » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:48 pm

I think we have a legitimate chance at beating NE....despite what anyone says I think the pats are a little rattled right now..with the loss and losing hernandez which is major part of the offense and the two TE package which has brought so much success...ridley has looked good but has not really faced a top notch defense like we have..yeah the pollard loss is a big deal with no one behind him...I'm staying positive its one game that we lost they have faced much more adversity.
reeDfense
Sophomore

Post#10 » by reeDfense » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:53 pm

And yea it normally just me and Jeff that post here.
Jeff23
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by Jeff23 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:30 pm

by the way Justin Tucker is tucking amazing. Dude hit that FG from 56-yards and it looked like it would have been good from 60 lol.

We desperately need Kruger and Pollard back.

By the way i think Matt Birk is done. He's physically just not able to perform anymore, i saw him get pushed back a lot on sunday and Wilfork manhandled him in that AFC championship game.
reeDfense
Sophomore

Post#12 » by reeDfense » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:42 am

Meh yeah Birk should have just retired in the offseason..but hes still crafty and is the shot caller for the O-line which i would much rather have then a rook or someone whos new to the offense..meh i havent been super impressed with kruger so far..i think with mclellan and upshaw we will be fine..but yes pollard is a big loss..and there isnt really anyone behind him..idk there are some holes on the defense as far as depth goes but i think Ray and Reed will make everyone around them better.. so im not too worried. As far as the upcoming game against the Patriots.. the Aaron Hernandez loss will be huge for us..it will give the LBs and safeties a bit more freedom to roam..without that two TE set the ravens have a legit chance at shutting down gronks which has proven to be nearly impossible for some defenses..as far as the Pats go..Brady is gonna have to play nearly perfect because theire offense has looked so out of sync its not even funny.. I havent really seen any rhythm from them..i predict Ed will have an interception..the pats o-line kinda got abused last week so im ready to see upshaw and mclellan go hunting..Ngata included...the pats defense is pretty much the same old garbage bend but dont break..im curious to see how patricia tries to stunt that no huddle offense..its for sure gonna be a good game..and im still feeling the bad blood form the playoffs..atleast this time we dont have Billy Finkle..oh and back to our offense..i think Smith having improved far beyond where he was last year is gonna burn the New England corners...anywho just some ramblings while i wait for class..hope all is well..

GO RAVENS!! all the way from california..haha.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by miller31time » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:29 pm

Jeff23 wrote:By the way i think Matt Birk is done. He's physically just not able to perform anymore, i saw him get pushed back a lot on sunday and Wilfork manhandled him in that AFC championship game.

Agreed. He just looked a step slow.

And on a related note, I think the time has finally come to take Ray Lewis out on 3rd and long passing situations. I just won't be the guy to break it to him because I'm 24 and would like to live to see 25.

Return to Baltimore Ravens