ImageImageImage

Miami Dolphins Thread

Slot Machine
Head Coach
And1: 4,558

Re: Miami Dolphins/Marlins Thread 

Post#221 » by Slot Machine » Wed Oct 3, 2012 7:31 pm

In my Fantasy Football League, I picked up Hartline last Wednesday, then dropped him for Eric Decker. Hartline has that enormous game and I immediately regret dropping him and today, I somehow got him back off waivers. Can't believe it actually worked out fine.
The Bunk wrote:God I hate this fraudulent clown.

I've never wanted to punch someone in the face so badly. Really hoping to run into him at a game one day. I won't hesitate.
Pimpwerx
Banned User
And1: 78

Post#222 » by Pimpwerx » Wed Oct 3, 2012 7:31 pm

Zasterror wrote:Hartline is the best receiver in the AFC!!!! Lol

He's always been a great route runner, and crafty enough to make catches in traffic. I've been a fan of his since last season. I still feel he would be way better in the slot with two deep threats out wide.

A big part of it is Tannehill too. He's getting Hartline the ball when he's open. He just needs to cut down on the turnovers. He's still promising given his lack of receiving talent and limited QB experience. The Garrard injury was really a blessing, because we kept Moore, who was the team's MVP last season, and got Tanny to start. He's gonna have lots of practice throwing it around this season.

It's funny that the Phins are 1-3, which is what I predicted we'd be at this point, but the team could just as easily be 3-1. I don't feel like we're overachieving in these games either. I think the coaching staff has squeezed a lot out of an iffy roster. Bush, Tannehill, Moore, Pouncey and possibly Miller and Lane all seem like great decisions by Ireland now. I might have to soften my stance on him if the success rate of this draft class outpaces the previous years, which he's alluded were influenced by others. Maybe he's stockpiling draft picks to actually grab quality players. I don't know. We'll see. PEACE.
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#223 » by DefenseWins » Thu Oct 4, 2012 3:52 am

Miguel Cabrera wins the triple crown............ sigh........
This IsMy House
General Manager
And1: 190

Post#224 » by This IsMy House » Thu Oct 4, 2012 5:55 am

DefenseWins wrote:Miguel Cabrera wins the triple crown............ sigh........

Good thing the Marlins didn't have him and then trade him, that'd just be stupid. :roll:
I Stand With The []_[]!
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#225 » by DefenseWins » Thu Oct 4, 2012 9:29 pm

This IsMy House wrote:
DefenseWins wrote:Miguel Cabrera wins the triple crown............ sigh........

Good thing the Marlins didn't have him and then trade him, that'd just be stupid. :roll:

It honestly hurts because he was my favorite player when he was here. Everyone loved him. We traded him for crap. People would be like ITS OK, WE HAVE HANLEY!! We freakin' traded him away too. He was a bit of a diva anyway but still.

We better keep Stanton....
Banned User
And1: 536

Post#226 » by 420 » Sun Oct 7, 2012 5:17 pm

Even though it's not the reason we lost, the officiating in the Canes game was bad and it looks like the refs in the Dolphins game is attempting to out-do them.

By the logic that the Bengal player had possession of the (supposedly) touched punt, we should've had a fumble returned for a TD before that play.

It's frustrating and compounded by the garbage play calling by Mike Sherman that had us waste 2 downs on the first possession by running the ball for 0yds.

A ton of credit goes to Tannehill who finds himself having to bail us out of so many 2nd and 15s or 3rd and 15s all season long because we continue to waste downs running the ball.

Edit: Dolphins near the red-zone, 2nd and 4, decide to run the ball, we fumble it and the Bengals recover it. F'ing pathetic ssa franchise.
Pimpwerx
Banned User

Post#227 » by Pimpwerx » Sun Oct 7, 2012 5:28 pm

420 wrote:Even though it's not the reason we lost, the officiating in the Canes game was bad and it looks like the refs in the Dolphins game is attempting to out-do them.

By the logic that the Bengal player had possession of the (supposedly) touched punt, we should've had a fumble returned for a TD before that play.

It's frustrating and compounded by the garbage play calling by Mike Sherman that had us waste 2 downs on the first possession by running the ball for 0yds.

A ton of credit goes to Tannehill who finds himself having to bail us out of so many 2nd and 15s or 3rd and 15s because we continue to waste downs running the ball.

I agree on that fumble call. That was some mickey mouse **** right there.

I like Sherman as an OC, and even a HC. We know he's a disciplinarian, and his playcalling is more aggressive than anything we've had since possibly Shula. I agree he plays it conservative sometimes, but he's also shown a willingness to attack downfield. He'll let Ryan air it out long before a game gets out of hand, whereas we've been a team that's waited until games are nearing blowout status before attacking through the air.

I think his playcalling can't be criticized too much until they get better personnel to execute a great passing offense. This year Ryan is gonna be learning a lot too, so next year I really expect us to stretch our legs offensively.

Lane just fumbled. That's not good. A big back needs to have that Fort Knox ball security. PEACE.
Altered_Beast
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,634

Post#228 » by Altered_Beast » Sun Oct 7, 2012 6:48 pm

WOW randy starks guy is such a beast. probably the most underrated d-lineman in the league

"A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
Pimpwerx
Banned User

Post#229 » by Pimpwerx » Sun Oct 7, 2012 8:13 pm

Decent win for us. This was a game I thought we should win anyway. I had us pegged for 3 or 4 wins this season. Raiders, Bengals, Colts and Seachickens. However, I think we can safely add the Jags, Rams and 2 against the Bills to that list. We should end up 6-10 or 7-9. That's not gonna net the kind of draft pick we need to grab a top tier WR. PEACE.
Altered_Beast
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,634

Post#230 » by Altered_Beast » Mon Oct 8, 2012 2:34 am

i think we will beat the jets, bills, colts, jags, titans and rams finishing the year 8-8.

we will have a deep draft. a mid to high first, two 2nd and 2 3rds. we could probably trade a 2nd and swap a first to get a better position in the first but well see. priority number 1 should be getting tannenhill some receivers and getting a couple of solid corners. our front 7 is among the best in the nfl and they are fairly young. secondary and receivers really need help

"A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
Banned User
And1: 536

Post#231 » by 420 » Tue Oct 9, 2012 7:13 pm

Credit to the Dolphins for getting the win, definitely shut me up. I'm still concerned about the offense though and I wonder how many games can scoring 17pts win w/o an elite defense.
Pimpwerx
Banned User

Post#232 » by Pimpwerx » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:49 pm

Daniel Thomas suffered his second concussion in 5 games. He's not cleared for contact, and unlikely to play. Wow! PEACE.
Pimpwerx
Banned User

Post#233 » by Pimpwerx » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:40 pm

Back from another home win. To think, we could be 5-1.

I'm turning a corner on the front office now. If you'd told me we'd be in full-rebuild mode and would look this promising already, I'd have taken it. I'm pretty impressed with the personnel outside the receivers and secondary. Those are minor areas to address compared to the big issues like linemen and QB. I'm actually willing to give Ireland a chance to **** up the next draft. LOL!

Miami had the Dolphins. The greatest football team.... PEACE.
Slot Machine
Head Coach

Post#234 » by Slot Machine » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:18 pm

Since I'm a Jags fan, I didn't see the Fins game, but I started Hartline on my fantasy team and got a complete goose egg. What the hell happened? Did he get injured or something?

I've never wanted to punch someone in the face so badly. Really hoping to run into him at a game one day. I won't hesitate.
Pimpwerx
Banned User

Post#235 » by Pimpwerx » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:22 pm

Chalm Down Bro wrote:Since I'm a Jags fan, I didn't see the Fins game, but I started Hartline on my fantasy team and got a complete goose egg. What the hell happened? Did he get injured or something?

He was not getting open. Had a couple throws his way, but that's it. He dropped one. PEACE.
babycry14
Pro Prospect
And1: 131

Post#236 » by babycry14 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:34 pm

Pimpwerx wrote:
Chalm Down Bro wrote:Since I'm a Jags fan, I didn't see the Fins game, but I started Hartline on my fantasy team and got a complete goose egg. What the hell happened? Did he get injured or something?

He was not getting open. Had a couple throws his way, but that's it. He dropped one. PEACE.

I don't think he dropped any, he got thrown to once and drew a penalty on one of the rams CB.
ImageImageImage
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#237 » by GameTime_3 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:24 am

Ryan Tannehill is the truth. The guy looks the part, plays the part and acts the part. Rookie with less than 30 starts in his career its crazy how good he looks. Aww how long has it been since we could say "We got ourselves a QB!!!" I'm buying tickets to the next game.
Vertical Limit
RealGM
And1: 5,386

Post#238 » by Vertical Limit » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:51 am

Hartline is a second rate receiver that happens to be our starter. He can be Jordie Nelson for us at the slot if we get ourselves a legitimate #1 and 2 receiver. You shouldn't be playing Hartline in your Fantasy League.. come on now.. I like the guy but he's got limitations.
Slot Machine
Head Coach

Post#239 » by Slot Machine » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:11 pm

Well, Marshall was on a bye, and I took an idiotic gamble by putting Hartline in over Andre Johnson, who I thought would have a bad week because Green Bay wouldn't be able to stop the run.

Mars
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,174

Post#240 » by Mars » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:07 pm

Baseball Nerd
Official MLBlog of Keith Olbermann

Exclusive: Yanks, Marlins Talk A-Rod Trade

The New York Yankees have held discussions with the Miami Marlins about a trade involving their third baseman in crisis, Alex Rodriguez.

Sources close to both organizations confirm the Yankees would pay all – or virtually all – of the $114,000,000 Rodriguez is owed in a contract that runs through the rest of this season and the next five. One alternative scenario has also been discussed in which the Yankees would pay less of Rodriguez’s salary, but would obtain the troubled Marlins’ reliever Heath Bell and pay what remains of the three-year, $27,000,000 deal Bell signed last winter...

Link
GUTS™

Return to Miami Dolphins