Image ImageImage Image

Derrick already jumping on his shots?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

SSSFreak
Lead Assistant
And1: 854

Re: Derrick already jumping on his shots? 

Post#21 » by SSSFreak » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:27 pm

bledredwine wrote:I keep hearing "cutting"

What is this and why is Rose scared of this?

I only know of cutting AKA losing weight, cutting to burn fat for weightlifting (which i'm doing now)

Is that it? And if so, why are people afraid of cutting?

Quick changes of movement in different directions on the court. ie, Darting either left or right towards the basket to shake a defender. Will test his lateral stability of which the ACL is primarily responsible for.
Benedict Miller
General Manager
And1: 2,074

Post#22 » by Benedict Miller » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:54 pm

His neck, shoulders and forearms are huge...I hope he knows what he's doing...
BahamaBull
General Manager
And1: 2,123

Post#23 » by BahamaBull » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:24 pm

Damn...DRose looks huge...I remember he said to coach Cal: "Wait until you see my body when I come back"...Well, he wasnt joking for sure...
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM
And1: 4,334

Post#24 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:27 pm

I'm recovering from a torn ACL right now and just started playing again recently and what is hard and scary is the cutting, abrupt stop and go, changing of speeds and spin moves. For me spin moves are the most frightening but that may be because I tore my ACL on a spin move. I definitely don't have the resources Rose has but none the less scary is scary and I can relate somewhat. It definitely has forced me to become a more cerebral basketball player so that is also something to look forward to with Rose. I wonder how his lift is because mine is shot.
What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness.” — Don Draper
lu9
Veteran
And1: 49

Post#25 » by lu9 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:51 pm

JohnnyKILLroy wrote:I'm recovering from a torn ACL right now and just started playing again recently and what is hard and scary is the cutting, abrupt stop and go, changing of speeds and spin moves. For me spin moves are the most frightening but that may be because I tore my ACL on a spin move. I definitely don't have the resources Rose has but none the less scary is scary and I can relate somewhat. It definitely has forced me to become a more cerebral basketball player so that is also something to look forward to with Rose. I wonder how his lift is because mine is shot.

Thanks for this. When was your surgery just out of curiosity?
lu9
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM

Post#26 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:12 pm

lu9 wrote:
JohnnyKILLroy wrote:I'm recovering from a torn ACL right now and just started playing again recently and what is hard and scary is the cutting, abrupt stop and go, changing of speeds and spin moves. For me spin moves are the most frightening but that may be because I tore my ACL on a spin move. I definitely don't have the resources Rose has but none the less scary is scary and I can relate somewhat. It definitely has forced me to become a more cerebral basketball player so that is also something to look forward to with Rose. I wonder how his lift is because mine is shot.

Thanks for this. When was your surgery just out of curiosity?

My surgery was a year ago 2 weeks ago. I just started playing regularly (2-3 times a week) about 2 months ago. Granted I didn't/don't go at it like a mad man like I'm sure Rose is.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,623

Post#27 » by AirP. » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:25 pm

I just keep pointing at Baron Davis who had the same thing in college and it didn't really effect his ability at being a very explosive player in the NBA... or his next college season right after the injury.
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,149

Post#28 » by League Circles » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:32 pm

Just out of curiosity, when they showed Rose in his seat last night eating nachos, where was he sitting? It didn't look like he was with the team. If I'm correct, why isn't he sitting with the team? It seems weird to me. He was just at the game like a spectator eating nachos with what looked like a friend. I'm not criticizing him, I'm just wondering why he's sitting in the stands if he's at the game instead of with the team.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,215

Post#29 » by Red8911 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:33 pm

I think he'll be back sooner than expected Dec- Jan in limited minutes ofcourse for atleast a month..He does look bigger,idk if that's a good thing or not,he was already strong enough,hopefully he don't lose his quickness,its basketball not a weight lifting competition,,but maybe I'm wrong,it may make him better who knows..
Mech Engineer
RealGM
And1: 4,804

Post#30 » by Mech Engineer » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:35 pm

teamCHItown wrote:Just out of curiosity, when they showed Rose in his seat last night eating nachos, where was he sitting? It didn't look like he was with the team. If I'm correct, why isn't he sitting with the team? It seems weird to me. He was just at the game like a spectator eating nachos with what looked like a friend. I'm not criticizing him, I'm just wondering why he's sitting in the stands if he's at the game instead of with the team.

I would guess that they still don't want accidental contact sitting in the front row/bench
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM

Post#31 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:44 pm

AirP. wrote:

I just keep pointing at Baron Davis who had the same thing in college and it didn't really effect his ability at being a very explosive player in the NBA... or his next college season right after the injury.

I'm sure he'll get his explosion back. Like I said I don't have the resources Rose has and I am not going at it as crazy as he is. It'll take him less than a year and it might take me 2.

As explosive as Baron was after his surgery he still was never the same. Pre-UCLA Baron was monster ridiculous athlete, post surgery he was simply a ridiculous athlete. But that was what 15 years ago? I'm sure ACL surgeries are completely different and a hundred times better now. I have faith that Rose comes back 100 percent. I just wonder how his lift feels not that he won't get it back.
patagonia
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,032

Post#32 » by patagonia » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:45 pm

Derrick shouldn't jump until next season.
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,314

Post#33 » by JordansBulls » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:59 pm

He looks bigger now as well as far as strength is concerned.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#34 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:43 pm

Mech Engineer wrote:
teamCHItown wrote:Just out of curiosity, when they showed Rose in his seat last night eating nachos, where was he sitting? It didn't look like he was with the team. If I'm correct, why isn't he sitting with the team? It seems weird to me. He was just at the game like a spectator eating nachos with what looked like a friend. I'm not criticizing him, I'm just wondering why he's sitting in the stands if he's at the game instead of with the team.

I would guess that they still don't want accidental contact sitting in the front row/bench

I'd guess that - and the fact that the team has like 15 players on it and the bench already extends well into the tunnel at this point. Let Derrick sit in the 'spensive seats and enjoy his nachos.
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
Air Poohdini
Assistant Coach
And1: 328

Post#35 » by Air Poohdini » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:27 pm

Good to see Derrick progressing.
If Dennis Rodman drove a truck, he'd give all the refs a ride!
Hotstove907
Rookie
And1: 13

Post#36 » by Hotstove907 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:24 pm

1) God I wish I got paid to workout all day! Can you imagine a stronger Rose? Man got even bigger.

2) Good progress, keep it going.

3) I know it's a different sport but after seeing the types of cuts another ATHLETE BEAST (A. Peterson) is making after ACL surgery. I'm not worried about Rose being explosive at all upon his "Feb" return. Future looking bright!
To quote GetSeven
With Jimmy at the 2 spot this lineup (along with depth) has the potential to be the best since the Jordan/Pippen days easy.
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,106

Post#37 » by patryk7754 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:27 pm

Hopefully a phoenix sheds tears on Rose's knee and he'll be back tomorrow
suckfish
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,273

Post#38 » by suckfish » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:47 pm

patryk7754 wrote:Hopefully a phoenix sheds tears on Rose's knee and he'll be back tomorrow

Derrick needs a sponsor. He really should have danced at All Star Weekend. He didn't really sell himself to the potential sponsors did he?

BullsGate
Head Coach
And1: 1,078

Post#39 » by BullsGate » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:45 am

With Derrick Rose looking much bigger..Does that mean he will return as a better shooter/scorer?
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#40 » by ManualRam » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:37 am

BullsEye1 wrote:With Derrick Rose looking much bigger..Does that mean he will return as a better shooter/scorer?

no. it just means he's bigger.
he was physically dominant for his position already. adding bulk can help a player play through contact and stuff like that, but it can also lead to less flexibility, quickness and range of motion.

quite frankly, he looks top heavy which for a basketball player isnt necessarily a good thing. as was already mentioned, some people think that being top heavy contributed to oden's continued knee problems.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo

Return to Chicago Bulls