Image ImageImage Image

Derrick already jumping on his shots?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

DaeDae
Analyst
And1: 661

Re: Derrick already jumping on his shots? 

Post#61 » by DaeDae » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:31 am

Rerisen wrote:This thread might be a bit premature even if technically true. The clip they showed of him on the pre-game, he wasn't really elevating like you would for a real game jumper, but just kind of doing a light hop, form practice jumper.

Nevertheless, his form and bas was balanced and squared, which suggests, that he is in fact, using both legs to elevate, fairly equally.
Red Larrivee wrote:The Bulls have too many untouchables for a team without a second option.
TeamMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 554

Post#62 » by TeamMan » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:34 pm

Hard to believe, but IMO he looks stronger - in the legs and also in the arms and shoulders.

He's one of those players that never really believed in body building before his injury, but now he's done a complete turnaround and the results are dramatic.

When he comes back he could be a real beast.
Bomba Navarro
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#63 » by Bomba Navarro » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:42 pm

Mike McGraw ‏@McGrawDHBulls

MIN coach Rick Adelman made it sound like Ricky Rubio is behind D-Rose in rehab. Rubio not cutting yet & just started shooting jumpers.

"It's a tough injury," Rubio said. "You are like six, eight, nine months without playing your favorite sport. Sometimes it's just playing basketball where you forget about everything and just enjoy it. I just wish him a healthy recovery."

Like Rose, Rubio has yet to start cutting. Unlike Rose, who started shooting jumpers weeks ago, Rubio is just progressing from set shots.

"Nobody had the same injury," Rubio said. "I mean, a little more meniscus or two ligaments or just one. Every player is different. Every recovery is different."

Does this mean that Rose is ahead of Rubio recovery-wise?

I know that Rubio, unlike Rose, tore his LCL too, but he did it seven weeks before Derrick came down. It's weird that Derrick is ahead of him, isn't it?
suckfish wrote:Lucas. You. Inside. Me. Slow. But. Fast.

The turd!
PMONSTER
Head Coach
And1: 1,301

Post#64 » by PMONSTER » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:28 pm

It does seem like he's ahead of Rubio and people say that Rubio is expected back December 15th.

But Rubio is not the Franchise, nor does he have a whole city on his back. So Rose is probably going to sit out until February just to be sure.

Wow, did I just say probably. Rose is like AP, incredible.
NBA Playoffs.... I can never wait!
Carl25
Bench Warmer
And1: 64

Post#65 » by Carl25 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:34 pm

I'd say it's more likely that Rubio's return date is pushed back than Rose's is moved up.

Regardless, Rose's progress has been incredible. I'm more confident than ever that he'll return to pre-injury form.
"Through Thick and Thin."
RIP Norm Van Lier
BullsGate
Head Coach
And1: 1,078

Post#66 » by BullsGate » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:48 am

TeamMan wrote:Hard to believe, but IMO he looks stronger - in the legs and also in the arms and shoulders.

He's one of those players that never really believed in body building before his injury, but now he's done a complete turnaround and the results are dramatic.

This comment make me more anxious to see D.Rose on the court now. Hope he returns with a more improved defense and as a deadly scorer/shooter.
Trm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 772

Post#67 » by Trm3 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:07 am

weneeda2guard wrote:Suggs is talking about playing this Sunday for the ravens and he tore his acl in april

Is a 6 month recovery possible for rose? That would mean we could get him back by december

Wishful thinking I know

Suggs torn his achilles, not ACL.
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#68 » by ManualRam » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:17 am

BullsEye1 wrote:
TeamMan wrote:Hard to believe, but IMO he looks stronger - in the legs and also in the arms and shoulders.

This comment make me more anxious to see D.Rose on the court now. Hope he returns with a more improved defense and as a deadly scorer/shooter.

how could his legs be any stronger? he hasnt been able to work them out outside of very light stuff.
he looks top heavy.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
keloms
Veteran
And1: 1,933

Post#69 » by keloms » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:22 am

PMONSTER wrote:It does seem like he's ahead of Rubio and people say that Rubio is expected back December 15th.

But Rubio is not the Franchise, nor does he have a whole city on his back. So Rose is probably going to sit out until February just to be sure.

Wow, did I just say probably. Rose is like AP, incredible.

If the description by the Adelman is correct (I don't know why it wouldn't be), he definitely is. As I've been saying all along, barring a setback, expect a medical clearance for Rose in mid-December and then an on court return sometime in Mid-late January.
Bob Ross
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,394

Post#70 » by Bob Ross » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:46 pm

Knicks fan here. I know we have had some bad blood between our organizations, and I can't say that I like the Bulls at all, but...

I do hope that Rose comes back strong from this injury. Our guy, Shumpert, is obviously going through the same thing but he doesn't mean nearly as much to us as Rose does to you guys. I've always liked Rose. He genuinely seems like a good, solid young man and a competitor. I respect the hell out of him and it always sucks when your franchise guy goes down with such a serious injury.

Hope he makes a speedy recovery and best of luck this season. It is really nice how you as a fanbase get behind your player when he is down. Rose is one of the good guys and I truly do hope he returns to form.
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,407

Post#71 » by transplant » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:56 pm

Bob Ross wrote:Knicks fan here. I know we have had some bad blood between our organizations, and I can't say that I like the Bulls at all, but...

I do hope that Rose comes back strong from this injury. Our guy, Shumpert, is obviously going through the same thing but he doesn't mean nearly as much to us as Rose does to you guys. I've always liked Rose. He genuinely seems like a good, solid young man and a competitor. I respect the hell out of him and it always sucks when your franchise guy goes down with such a serious injury.

Hope he makes a speedy recovery and best of luck this season. It is really nice how you as a fanbase get behind your player when he is down. Rose is one of the good guys and I truly do hope he returns to form.

What a nice guy. You sure you're a Knicks fan?
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan

Return to Chicago Bulls