The Lebron Thread

Moderators: penbeast0, trex_8063, PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier

SideshowBob
General Manager
And1: 6,253

Re: Lebron, Cleveland vs. Miami 

Post#1061 » by SideshowBob » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:39 am

Tom Haberstroh
That = 45.8 PER. RT @CoupNBA Last 5 minutes, +/- 5 points: LeBron is a +18, 14 pts on 4-of-6 FG, 5-of-6 FT with 5 ast and 0 TO in 15 min.
But in his home dwelling...the hi-top faded warrior is revered. *Smack!* The sound of his palm blocking the basketball... the sound of thousands rising, roaring... the sound of "get that sugar honey iced tea outta here!"
SideshowBob
General Manager

Post#1062 » by SideshowBob » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:15 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRLuIalCk5g[/youtube]
But in his home dwelling...the hi-top faded warrior is revered. *Smack!* The sound of his palm blocking the basketball... the sound of thousands rising, roaring... the sound of "get that sugar honey iced tea outta here!"
SideshowBob
General Manager

Post#1063 » by SideshowBob » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:29 am

Outside of the NY game, Lebron's turning the ball over 1.3 times per game.
CKRT
Analyst
And1: 404

Post#1064 » by CKRT » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:45 am

that truly is bananas.
lilojmayo wrote:Juice is not a chucker, like say James Harden
Ginobili
Junior
And1: 19

Post#1065 » by Ginobili » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:57 pm

What an incredible performance by Lebron last night. As some people here have pointed out, he looks a lil bit faster and more agile on the half-court this season, and his 3pt shooting is as good as ever, better than ever actually.

That off-balance 3pt shot he made with Harden practicly on his face was amazing.

I feel hes a stronger and more prolific rebounder than in previous seasons also (he was last year too), he is a better rebounder than he was in Cleveland. I dont know if it is because hes playing PF, because hes gained bulk, because he is more willing to get them...or whatever, but its a fact, he is a slightly more dominant rebounder now.
starvinmarvin17
Banned User
And1: 23

Post#1066 » by starvinmarvin17 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:27 pm

Ginobili wrote:What an incredible performance by Lebron last night. As some people here have pointed out, he looks a lil bit faster and more agile on the half-court this season, and his 3pt shooting is as good as ever, better than ever actually.

That off-balance 3pt shot he made with Harden practicly on his face was amazing.

I feel hes a stronger and more prolific rebounder than in previous seasons also (he was last year too), he is a better rebounder than he was in Cleveland. I dont know if it is because hes playing PF, because hes gained bulk, because he is more willing to get them...or whatever, but its a fact, he is a slightly more dominant rebounder now.

his rebounding fundamentals have changed since 2012.
jjgp111292
Senior
And1: 404

Post#1067 » by jjgp111292 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:48 pm

Last night LeBron took his most three point attempts (8) in a game in nearly 2 years, and that includes the playoffs. The last time he made that many (5) was Game 5 against Boston in 2011.
And see basically them trick bitches get no dap
And see basically Redman album is no joke
And see basically I don't get caught up at my label
Cause I kill when they **** with food on my dinner table
Twitter
toodles23
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,440

Post#1068 » by toodles23 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:22 pm

jjgp111292 wrote:Last night LeBron made his most three point attempts in a game in nearly 2 years, and that includes the playoffs. The last time he made that many was Game 5 against Boston in 2011.

The way his jumper looks this season, he should be attempting like 4 a game (especially right now with all these nagging injuries piling up).

I'm hoping Lebron's recovered by December/January and we start to see a little more explosion out of him. Reminds me a little of '92 MJ actually, he started the first couple months of the season with a knee injury and got more explosive as the season went on.
PCProductions
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,989

Post#1069 » by PCProductions » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:27 pm

I think it's still on track for Lebron's best year of his career. He clearly has some impeding injuries and yet has played more efficiently than all other players in the league. I think this year may still be "the one".
MacGill
Veteran
And1: 456

Post#1070 » by MacGill » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:30 pm

Barring injury, I just do not see how this man will not end up a top 5 talent ever.
OptimusOne6
Junior

Post#1071 » by OptimusOne6 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:43 pm

Ginobili wrote:I feel hes a stronger and more prolific rebounder than in previous seasons also (he was last year too), he is a better rebounder than he was in Cleveland. I dont know if it is because hes playing PF, because hes gained bulk, because he is more willing to get them...or whatever, but its a fact, he is a slightly more dominant rebounder now.

It is definitely because he is more willing to get them and also because he is more fundamentally sound of a rebounder now.

He boxes out and just flat out chases after them now. I've noticed this improvement in 2011 when he started to box-out frequently. In Cleveland, he didn't really box-out that much, he did, but not as much and he didn't go after them as hard as he currently does in Miami.

I don't think Lebron was ever comfortable playing PF in Cleveland too. It seemed like he could just based of his size but he would feel and look awkward in that situation. He is just simply a more fundamentally sound player and doesn't play a street ball style anymore.

I think Lebron is on track for his best season. I thought last season was the best of Lebron but it looks like this season will overtake it.
SideshowBob
General Manager

Post#1072 » by SideshowBob » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:55 am

Looks extremely active on defense today
ronnymac2
RealGM
And1: 4,879

Post#1073 » by ronnymac2 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:57 am

That was a sweet sweeping hook shot, too.
Pay no mind to the battles you've won
It'll take a lot more than rage and muscle
Open your heart and hands, my son
Or you'll never make it over the river
IG2
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,690

Post#1074 » by IG2 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:24 am

First game where I've seen LeBron really struggle with his jumper. The way Clippers are now guarding him, he'll have to hit a few to finish this game off.

Gorgeous blow-by his defender as I type this. We NEVER saw this the last 2 seasons.
SideshowBob
General Manager

Post#1075 » by SideshowBob » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:28 am

Well that roll-in three would've counted had Haslem not F'ed up. Blow by was great though, just as you said, we didn't see that at all the last two seasons.
SideshowBob
General Manager

Post#1076 » by SideshowBob » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:53 am

Miami continues to struggle defensively. Wonder if Spo's going to get the message or if he'll continue to insist on small-ball.
IG2
Lead Assistant

Post#1077 » by IG2 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:08 am

SideshowBob wrote:Miami continues to struggle defensively. Wonder if Spo's going to get the message or if he'll continue to insist on small-ball.

He really needs to get over himself. Small ball hasn't worked from the get-go this season for them. They are winning strictly because of their offensive talent, but when their offense isn't awesome, they get blown out.
OptimusOne6
Junior

Post#1078 » by OptimusOne6 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:19 am

Small ball would work if Lebron plays PF (see 2012 playoffs) but so far Lebron has been the SF for the most part so it's not a very good idea.

If they want to continue small ball and have Lebron play the 3 then they should have Rashard start over Shane because Shard is an experienced 4 while Shane has hardly ever played the 4 in his career. Not to mention Shard is bigger than Shane (height wise).
IG2
Lead Assistant

Post#1079 » by IG2 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:19 am

Something I've noticed, this rejuvenated LeBron is much better driving right than left. He's partial to it too, when in Cleveland he didn't really have a preference. Doesn't have the same explosiveness going left.
toodles23
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,440

Post#1080 » by toodles23 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:10 am

His shot looked ugly today, his balance on midrange jumpers isn't even close to '10-'11 level right now. Doesn't have the same discipline to go straight up and down. FTs have been ugly too, when's the last time he had a stretch this bad?

Despite those problems, he was still able to create for himself in the halfcourt, something he would've struggled to do the last 2 seasons. He does seem to be much better driving right so far this season, though I wonder if that has to do with some of the nagging injuries he has. And thoughts on his post game? Those hook shots didn't look that pretty, but they went in. I thought he looked noticeably more aggressive backing down and looking to score in the post tonight than usual.

And I don't know about you guys, but Wade looks terrible to me.

Return to Player Comparisons