KOTB ENTRY: CHA/DEN/LAL/NOH/TOR

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

rh9
Sophomore
And1: 8

KOTB ENTRY: CHA/DEN/LAL/NOH/TOR 

Post#1 » by rh9 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:15 am

"If you believe all teams would accept this trade, vote yes. If you believe otherwise, vote no. Please explain your vote."

After Dec. 15

CHA in: Anderson, Clark
CHA out: Mullens, Taylor, Diop

DEN in: Gasol, Taylor
DEN out: McGee, Gallo

LAL in: Bargnani, Gallo, Fields, Gray, Carroll
LAL out: Gasol, MWP, Blake, Clark

NOH in: McGee, Blake
NOH out: Anderson, Carroll

TOR in: Mullens, MWP, Diop
TOR out: Bargnani, Fields, Gray

Depth charts:

CHA
Kemba/Sessions
Henderson/Gordon
MKG/Williams
Anderson/TT
Haywood/Biyombo

DEN
Lawson/Miller
Iguodala/Taylor
Chandler/Brewer
Faried/Randolph
Gasol/Koufos

LAL
Nash/Duhon
Kobe/Meeks
Gallo/Fields
Bargnani/Jamison
Howard/Hill

NOH
Vasquez/Blake
Gordon/Rivers
Aminu/Miller
Unibrow/Smith
McGee/R.Lopez

TOR
Lowry/Calderon
Derozan/Ross
MWP/Kleiza
Mullens/E.Davis
Valanciunas/Amir

Why for CHA: Get an upgrade over Mullens in Anderson.

Why for DEN: Buyer's remorse on Gallo and McGee, an experienced All Star like Gasol can make them contenders. Taylor is already a good role player on a very nice contract.

Why for LAL: Get younger with Bargnani, Gallinari and Fields, the last two having already played under MDA. Get rid of Blake's contract.

Why for NOH: GM's favourite McGee is a better partner next to Davis than Anderson or Lopez, Blake adds needed depth at PG.

Why for TOR: Free up cap space while getting a one year look at Mullens. Finally get a reliable SF in MWP.
Lin Your Face
Bench Warmer
And1: 48

Re: KOTB ENTRY: CHA/DEN/LAL/NOH/TOR 

Post#2 » by Lin Your Face » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:08 am

I think the Hornets should consider pairing Davis with a C, but I think they could get better value for Anderson.

I also don't think Denver would make the deal because they'd get older and still wouldn't be a top contender.

I don't think the Bobcats want to try to improve now, although I guess they'd take this for the good value.

Bargs and Gallo are such similar players that I don't like the fit for the Lakers.
Take a second to join a fantasy football freeroll to win $1000: http://www.draftstreet.com/l/fr_nfl2013.aspx?pid=118&r=gwater&subid=
Top 100 win cash.

The Supreme Court ruled fantasy sports gambling's legal.DraftStreet's in NY not the Caymans.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,504

Post#3 » by HornetJail » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:03 am

I don't like this at all for Charlotte.

Pass.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Elden Payton
RealGM
And1: 2,591

Post#4 » by Elden Payton » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:43 am

Charlotte passes.
ptsuperfly
Senior
And1: 84

Post#5 » by ptsuperfly » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:26 am

Denver says no... Giving up two long term pieces for someone who won't push them over the top.

Gasol doesn't fit their offense.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,479

Post#6 » by HartfordWhalers » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:12 pm

Wow, I think this is pretty great for Charlotte. Andersen is better then Mullens.

Toronto and Denver look bad. Toronto specifically.

KOTB -- no for me.
spectre_
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Post#7 » by spectre_ » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:58 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:Wow, I think this is pretty great for Charlotte. Andersen is better then Mullens.

...but not at the cost of Taylor. We won't consider him a throw in.
RaptorJ wrote:they (Bobcats' fans) seem to be some of the least intelligent posters on RealGM from some of the trash they say.

Irony
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#8 » by the_process » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:43 am

rh9 wrote:CHA in: Anderson, Clark
CHA out: Mullens, Taylor, Diop

Great trade for CHA here, sending out basically nothing for Anderson. It's too good for them honestly, they are simply sucking value here and would get cut out.

rh9 wrote:DEN in: Gasol, Taylor
DEN out: McGee, Gallo

It's not bad for DEN, it would make them better right now, but is it the direction they want to go?

rh9 wrote:LAL in: Bargnani, Gallo, Fields, Gray, Carroll
LAL out: Gasol, MWP, Blake, Clark

This is a total Kupchak-type trade to make, where they get good pieces and send one seemingly good piece
with some miscellaneous crap. It's too good for them really but Mitch seems to get these deals done regularly.

rh9 wrote:NOH in: McGee, Blake
NOH out: Anderson, Carroll

This makes a lot of sense for them to do, McGee and The Brow might combine for 10 blocks a night with their ridiculous athleticism.

rh9 wrote:TOR in: Mullens, MWP, Diop
TOR out: Bargnani, Fields, Gray

This part of the trade has absolutely no shot of happening. MWP=negative value and Mullens and Diop are simply warm bodies. Bargs may need to go but at least dude can light up a scoreboard. Gotta give them something for him.
Jon1798
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,476

Post#9 » by Jon1798 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:34 pm

I'm not sure what I think as a Hornets fan. I don't really like it to be honest. I don't feel McGee adds so much more than Lopez that we need to take on his salary. And Ryan Anderson is such an important part of the team. Not to mention the personality difference going from such a good guy in Ryan Anderson to such an enigma like McGee.

I think the value is fine and well thought out, I just don't personally like it for the Hornets. I think we're better off sticking with Lopez and having the offensive punch of Anderson.
"This post wants out of New Orleans" - Woj

Return to Trades and Transactions