ImageImageImageImageImage

Should Bryan Colangelo be Fired

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Fire BC?

Yay
82%
Nay
18%

Total votes: 488

Scase
General Manager
And1: 7,038

Re: Should Bryan Colangelo be Fired 

Post#881 » by Scase » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:55 pm

LeBronNextMJ wrote:I haven't got banned this is my first account :wink:

Riiiiiight :roll:
Props TZ!
UnderdogRaptors
RealGM
And1: 44,305

Post#882 » by UnderdogRaptors » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:59 pm

Riiiiiight :roll:[/quote]
:rofl: :rofl:
BC_IS_A_PLAYA wrote:jonas sucks, his dad should have got a vasectomy
HomieOmey
Head Coach
And1: 563

Post#883 » by HomieOmey » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:09 pm

hillbilly hare wrote:
Alfred wrote:
HomieOmey wrote:I just think this would be very weird timing to fire him.

The team starting 2-7 would be a weird time to fire him? I don't think there'd be any "weird time" to fire him. Just plug Stephanski into the GM spot temporarily, until they find the new General Manager.

Exactly.

Again, I wouldn't shed a tear if it happened, but why the @$#% would we let him draft for us, trade a future pick, and tie up most of our cap space just if fully prepared to send him packing after a 2-7 start (with a tough schedule when finishing 8th by the end of a season would have been considered an accomplishment and great place to start improving from). Kind of a difficult (and not very attractive) situation to bring a new GM into. Seeing as most GMs want to leave their own stamp on the roster, you can pretty much expect for a new GM to either A) give up on every bit of potential we have (by dealing Ross, Ed, and/or Jonas) or B) to give away the bulk of our veteran talent (likely Jose, Amir, Lowry, and/or Bargnani). "B" could be pretty ideal, but without fully owning our own pick, stripping the team of all its talent could be somewhat risky with very little pay out.
TurboZ
BD12
Lead Assistant
And1: 132

Post#884 » by BD12 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:25 am

Even if Landry was healthy, Casey would still be putting this 2 PG lineup on the floor. Good hire BC!!

#FireBC
Black Milk
Lead Assistant
And1: 987

Post#885 » by Black Milk » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:29 am

FIRE BC! SAVE THE RAPTORS! and my sanity!
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,529

Post#886 » by C_Money » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:39 am

What does BC think when he's sitting at home watching these games? Does he realize he's assembled a team full of scrubs? His ego must have taken a huge hit over the past few years.
suntzuballin
Head Coach
And1: 2,770

Post#887 » by suntzuballin » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:19 am

its gonna be ugly for him if the cat's lol beat the raptors
lucky777s
Lead Assistant
And1: 686

Post#888 » by lucky777s » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:44 am

Surely MLSE must know they can't trust BC to make the next big decisions for the franchise.

Maybe Drummond will go off for 20/10 against us while TRoss rots on the bench. That and the Fields signing and a 5-15 record should be enough to fire him in another week or so.

The fans need hope MLSE. You have to fire BC now. He has been a complete failure for 7 years. Give the new GM the time he needs to evaluate this team properly and make the right moves. Clean out the front office.
hillbilly hare
Veteran
And1: 219

Post#889 » by hillbilly hare » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:20 am

C_Money wrote:What does BC think when he's sitting at home watching these games? Does he realize he's assembled a team full of scrubs? His ego must have taken a huge hit over the past few years.

$5 million a year is a bit of a picker upper and it buys a lot of self-esteem courses.
hillbilly hare
Veteran

Post#890 » by hillbilly hare » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:26 am

HomieOmey wrote:
Alfred wrote:
HomieOmey wrote:I just think this would be very weird timing to fire him.

The team starting 2-7 would be a weird time to fire him? I don't think there'd be any "weird time" to fire him. Just plug Stephanski into the GM spot temporarily, until they find the new General Manager.

Again, I wouldn't shed a tear if it happened, but why the @$#% would we let him draft for us, trade a future pick, and tie up most of our cap space just if fully prepared to send him packing after a 2-7 start (with a tough schedule when finishing 8th by the end of a season would have been considered an accomplishment and great place to start improving from). Kind of a difficult (and not very attractive) situation to bring a new GM into. Seeing as most GMs want to leave their own stamp on the roster, you can pretty much expect for a new GM to either A) give up on every bit of potential we have (by dealing Ross, Ed, and/or Jonas) or B) to give away the bulk of our veteran talent (likely Jose, Amir, Lowry, and/or Bargnani). "B" could be pretty ideal, but without fully owning our own pick, stripping the team of all its talent could be somewhat risky with very little pay out.

You fire him for a couple of reasons. One, to avoid having him do any more damage to the team. Two, and this shouldn't be discounted, to "punish" incompetence and failure rather than rewarding it.

As to a new GM, I think most guys who are new assistant GMs would be ecstatic to get a head GM job, even if in a less than ideal situation. It could be worse. e.g. the Bobcats last year. We do have vets who could help a veteran playoff team, e.g. Jose and Bargnani, and they might each fetch an unwanted contract and a pick.

The longer Colangelo hangs around the riskier it gets that he goes all out to save his job, e.g. working out a big deal for someone like Wilson Chandler.
McFurious1
Head Coach
And1: 865

Post#891 » by McFurious1 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:13 pm

What are we waiting for here?
lucky777s
Lead Assistant
And1: 686

Post#892 » by lucky777s » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:19 pm

Anybody listen to the post game radio shows. People must be calling for BC's head by now.

We need to keep the media pressure up.

Send Doug a hundred emails saying we hear a rumour that BC will be fired in 48 hours and ask him what he knows. He will say that he talked to sources and there is no chance of anything happening in the next 48 hours. Done deal.

Just getting reporters to call team sources about such 'rumours' will put the idea in their heads and have them thinking about fan opinion and what needs to be done.
DonMega
General Manager
And1: 8,689

Post#893 » by DonMega » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:24 pm

If bc does not get canned this year i am going to stop watching or following anything raps related after this season. Maybe earlier because i doubt i can watch this trash team any longer.
Death Knight
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Post#894 » by Death Knight » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:24 pm

Better yet, lets give BC a vote of confidence. Guaranteed firing soon after.
Moon Walk
Bench Warmer
And1: 162

Post#895 » by Moon Walk » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:42 pm

BC shouldnt be fired... but exiled from this country. We dont need his services here along with that seven foot vajinah
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,853

Post#896 » by Alfred » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:49 pm

lucky777s wrote:Send Doug a hundred emails saying we hear a rumour that BC will be fired in 48 hours and ask him what he knows. He will say that he talked to sources and there is no chance of anything happening in the next 48 hours. Done deal.

:lol:
SDM
RealGM
And1: 947

Post#897 » by SDM » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:51 pm

The almost universal (well, board wide) shift to FIRE BC has been fun to watch. You folks are paying attention.
Sn0wman
Banned User
And1: 5,803

Post#898 » by Sn0wman » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:21 pm

McFurious1 wrote:What are we waiting for here?

RIOT!!!
Snooch
Banned User
And1: 1,027

Post#899 » by Snooch » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:19 pm

He needs to go, you look around the nba and every single team looks to be improving on some level and does seem to have something on the horizon for the future, or they are a winning team.

The raptors have been hanging out in the basement for far too long with really nothing on the horizon to get excited about.

Sad sack of an organization.
hillbilly hare
Veteran

Post#900 » by hillbilly hare » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:33 pm

SDM wrote:The almost universal (well, board wide) shift to FIRE BC has been fun to watch. You folks are paying attention.

Pity it didn't gain any momentum prior to the draft, when some of us were pushing hard. I thought at the time that firing him pre-draft might be a way to appease the roundball gods and rebalance the cosmos by repeating what happened the last time we fired/hired a manager pre-draft and the new guy came in with the number one overall. But alas, ownership toyed with destiny and the result is before everyone's eyes.

Return to Toronto Raptors