Official Chelsea FC Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,217

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread 

Post#141 » by J-Mezzy » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:10 am

5DOM wrote:Maybe if Shakhtar beats Juventus. Otherwise the club will probably buy someone cheaper like Schurrle.

But it would be pretty amazing if we bought Falcao and he won the Europa League again. 3 in 3 years with 3 different clubs lol

The EPL title is still within reach and maybe Shaktar can pull it off
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
Massimo
Banned User
And1: 68

Post#142 » by Massimo » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:32 am

J-Mezzy wrote:
5DOM wrote:Maybe if Shakhtar beats Juventus. Otherwise the club will probably buy someone cheaper like Schurrle.

But it would be pretty amazing if we bought Falcao and he won the Europa League again. 3 in 3 years with 3 different clubs lol

The EPL title is still within reach and maybe Shaktar can pull it off

With Manu and City(especially Manu but i think City will get better) are playing like this, there is no way Chelsea win the title. Not even be able to compete with them.
Ill
RealGM
And1: 1,275

Post#143 » by Ill » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:06 am

I'm sad to see Di Matteo go. I don't think this was his fault at all.
Det the Threat
Head Coach
And1: 354

Post#144 » by Det the Threat » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:12 am

J-Mezzy wrote:Bring on Falcao. Pay whatever it takes, the team needs him

Well, given those new UEFA financial fair play rules, Chelsea can't spend whatever it takes on Falcao(at least not this winter) given they've already handed out quite some money last summer.

Anyways, Abramovic probably never learns that changing mangers like you change your underwear isn't going to help you longterm.
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#145 » by 5DOM » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:49 am

Det the Threat wrote:Anyways, Abramovic probably never learns that changing mangers like you change your underwear isn't going to help you longterm.

He's been doing fine actually.

That said I am definitely against this sacking. Why not wait until next summer? or even this Sunday? :evil:

I am really sad to see RDM go. He did so much for this club, and look at all the **** he had to deal with off the pitch. It's not like we were vastly underperforming either. Now watch Benitez come in
J-Mezzy
RealGM

Re: Official Chelsea FC Thread - RDM sacked 

Post#146 » by J-Mezzy » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:19 pm

What are the chances Guradiola takes over next summer?

Anyways, Di Mateo wasn't the problem. Torres is.
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#147 » by 5DOM » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:30 pm

To calm down the angry fans, the club will try to bring in Drogba lol
J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#148 » by J-Mezzy » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:36 pm

5DOM wrote:To calm down the angry fans, the club will try to bring in Drogba lol

Lol. The sad thing is that he will still outproduce the Torres/Sturridge tandem.
Massimo
Banned User
And1: 68

Post#149 » by Massimo » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:26 pm

I think Abramovic did the right thing. I've watched Chelsea a couple of times this year and they were playing awful. Even the game you guys won against Tottenham, the team didn't look that good. Di Matteo might be a good coach for a team that plays for mid range of the standings but if you're big club like Chelsea, you can't just defend. You have to attack too. That's I think what is missing with Di Matteo.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#150 » by Slava » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:28 pm

Di Matteo is a good guy and like 5DOM said, he took over and guided the club through a difficult period, winning the champions league in the process. I mean if all owners were this impatient, even Wenger and Ferguson would get fired on a monthly basis (Wenger twice on Sundays :) ).

I really don't see anyone other than a desperate Benitez taking that job, knowing fully well the kind of short stick you get.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,887

Post#151 » by cgf » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:03 pm

*shrug* Falcao costs you 50 mil, Schurrle will take 30+, and is a goal scoring winger, not a true 9. If Chelsea are buying anyone they need a real striker like Falcao and some help for the the double pivot, not another a player who's best playing around a striker.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
Boognish
RealGM
And1: 16,738

Post#152 » by Boognish » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:05 pm

This sacking seems unwarranted and odd to me. Why sack RDM now unless you have a Pep or Mourinho caliber manager to step in? Chelsea are still in a bit of a transitional phase and this is the first blip that RDM has had; other than that, I'd say he's been fantastic for the club.

Chelsea got drawn into a tough CL group and could still get through (totally plausible). I know they're the cupholders, but I don't see Chelsea as true CL contenders this season (or any other English clubs).

Chelsea are doing well in the EPL as well :dontknow:

How many former managers are still on the payroll lol? Could probably scrape up enough severance pay to buy a decent striker
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#153 » by Slava » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:59 pm

Chelsea confirm Rafa Benitez as new boss. If Terry had issues with AVB, wait till he meets the fat waiter. Atleast this is one last throw of the dice for Torres, only thing they can do more is bring in Gerrard as well and see if that works in getting Torres to score.
Ted Lasso
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Post#154 » by Ted Lasso » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:18 pm

cgf wrote:Schurrle will take 30+

Is that really what they want for Schurrle? He is nowhere near worth 30 million euros.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

Post#155 » by Foye » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:46 pm

Chandler Bing wrote:

Is that really what they want for Schurrle? He is nowhere near worth 30 million euros.

With the Bayer concern as their sponsor they don't need to sell anybody if they don't want to. Schürrle is under contract until 2016, too. On top of that their team really doesn't have too many quality offensive players.

No need to sell him. Only if they get an astronomically high amount. He's probably worth 17-23 mil. € right now.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#156 » by Slava » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:12 pm

Boognish wrote:How many former managers are still on the payroll lol? Could probably scrape up enough severance pay to buy a decent striker

"Chelsea have spent £86m since 2004 in compensation for managers...more than Everton's entire net spend since the Premier League began
"
suckfish
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,273

Post#157 » by suckfish » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:21 pm

Embarrassing. Di Matteo is a Chelsea legend who has done a solid job. It's obvious Roman felt pressured to keep Di Matteo on after he led us to the Champions League and this was always only going to be a stop gap, but why sack Roberto for a guy like Benitez?

Di Matteo was the interim. You don't sack the interim who turned out to lead us to the Champions League and FA Cup for another interim.

I could understand if Jose was lined up for a return or something. But Rafa? Hate the guy.

9 managers in 9 years. I appreciate that Roman wants to win and keep the pressure on, but this is ridiculous.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,887

Post#158 » by cgf » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:46 pm

Foye wrote:
Chandler Bing wrote:

With the Bayer concern as their sponsor they don't need to sell anybody if they don't want to. Schürrle is under contract until 2016, too. On top of that their team really doesn't have too many quality offensive players.

No need to sell him. Only if they get an astronomically high amount. He's probably worth 17-23 mil. € right now.

And they already shot down a mid 20 mil offer over the summer.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

Post#159 » by Foye » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:12 pm

suckfish wrote:Embarrassing. Di Matteo is a Chelsea legend who has done a solid job. It's obvious Roman felt pressured to keep Di Matteo on after he led us to the Champions League and this was always only going to be a stop gap, but why sack Roberto for a guy like Benitez?

Di Matteo was the interim. You don't sack the interim who turned out to lead us to the Champions League and FA Cup for another interim.

I could understand if Jose was lined up for a return or something. But Rafa? Hate the guy.

9 managers in 9 years. I appreciate that Roman wants to win and keep the pressure on, but this is ridiculous.

I actually agree. Chelsea's current problem is their roster, not their coach.
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#160 » by 5DOM » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:14 am

Both Chelsea and Liverpool fans seem devastated. They love him there, don't they?

Maybe his approach to the game is exactly what our young players need. If it isn't, at least I won't feel bad when he eventually gets the sack :dontknow:

Return to The General Soccer Board