Mason Plumlee

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Greek
Starter
And1: 447

Mason Plumlee 

Post#1 » by Greek » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:50 am

I havent watch him this season, but from his stats looks that he has a huge jump on scoring from 11.1 to 19.7, FG% from 57.2 to 67.2, FT% from 52.8 to 80, while shooting 2.6 FT's more, and all those just playing 6 more minutes. The other stats stayed almost the same as his last season.

So what about him? anyone who has the opportunity to watch him is he really improved that much? We know that he is an exceptional athlete.
noobcake
Banned User
And1: 442

Re: Mason Plumlee 

Post#2 » by noobcake » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:17 am

One of the most athletic white boys of all times. Lock for late lotto pick imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4ijEh2y13c
gags1288
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#3 » by gags1288 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:25 am

Great motor, great in transition, decent amount of skill. Not the most fluid offensive player, but he can make a running hook with either hand, has shown the ability to make 12-14 foot jumpers off glass, can handle the ball decently well for a guy his size, and his athleticism makes him a very good finisher around the hoop.

I don't see a ton separating him and Cody Zeller. Zeller is more fluid, maybe changes ends ever so slightly better, and is probably a slightly better overall offensive player (he's also a few years younger so you give him the upside edge). I like Mason's rebounding ability more, think he's probably slightly better defensively, and has the bulk/build to play center more naturally than Zeller, who seems better equipped to play PF at the next level.

I certainly think he's worthy of a lottery selection in this draft. That dunk tonight was nasty.
MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 790

Post#4 » by MagicFan32 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:26 am

He's pretty damn athletic, he can pass pretty good to, an intriguing player

Definitely better than Meyers Leonard. Leonard has no skill at all he's just big and very athletic, but he has slow feet to go with it.
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
noobcake
Banned User
And1: 442

Post#5 » by noobcake » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:29 am

gags1288 wrote:Great motor, great in transition, decent amount of skill. Not the most fluid offensive player, but he can make a running hook with either hand, has shown the ability to make 12-14 foot jumpers off glass, can handle the ball decently well for a guy his size, and his athleticism makes him a very good finisher around the hoop.

I don't see a ton separating him and Cody Zeller. Zeller is more fluid, maybe changes ends ever so slightly better, and is probably a slightly better overall offensive player (he's also a few years younger so you give him the upside edge). I like Mason's rebounding ability more, think he's probably slightly better defensively, and has the bulk/build to play center more naturally than Zeller, who seems better equipped to play PF at the next level.

I certainly think he's worthy of a lottery selection in this draft. That dunk tonight was nasty.

Zeller is a much better prospect than Mason Plumlee because of youth, but he is crazy overrated. Zeller should be a 5-10 pick.
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#6 » by ManualRam » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:48 am

him being able to make FTs now is a huge plus for his game. he's now able to play aggressively on offense every second he's on the floor. i still question how much of his offensive game will be able translate. is he a good enough jump shooter from the floor to be able to face up in the pros? is he strong enough to be a back to the basket player? im not sure about that. to me he still looks like an athletic energy player at the next level, who can be a good defender because of his athleticism and mobility. i think he's improved enough to be taken in the teens.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
TheLawSon3
Banned User
And1: 60

Post#7 » by TheLawSon3 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:08 am

riley has to find a way to get him.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#8 » by No-Man » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:01 pm

energy guy from the bench, veyry good rebounder, at best maybe a Kris Humphries type of player.

Return to NBA Draft