ImageImageImage

12/15 - Wizards @ HEAT - 7:30

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Pimpwerx
Banned User
And1: 78

12/15 - Wizards @ HEAT - 7:30 

Post#1 » by Pimpwerx » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:21 am

Miami HEAT

vs.

Washington Wizards

Bane: "You don't fear losing. You welcome it. Your punishment must be more severe."

These crumb-bums stole a win from us last time. This aggression will not stand. A team tanking like theirs deserves a punishment worse than losing. They must be embarrassed. Let's go HEAT! PEACE.
The_Dream
Junior
And1: 19

Re: 12/15 - Wizards @ HEAT - 7:30 

Post#2 » by The_Dream » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:56 am

I'm quite excited about our quick turnaround so far. We've been showing some defensive effort thus far and ironically, the Warriors game was a product of bad offense down the stretch.

Don't care too much about winning games every night. I just want to get to the playoffs with a healthy Wade and a rested roster.

Go Heat!
WWsum
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#3 » by WWsum » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:52 am

I wonder if Rashard will get some playing time against his former team.
LeChosen1
Banned User
And1: 67

Post#4 » by LeChosen1 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:55 am

The_Dream wrote:I'm quite excited about our quick turnaround so far. We've been showing some defensive effort thus far and ironically, the Warriors game was a product of bad offense down the stretch.

Don't care too much about winning games every night. I just want to get to the playoffs with a healthy Wade and a rested roster.

Go Heat!

Outside of 1 game(the hornets) the defense has looked the same, **** for first 40min and try to turn it on last 8 which has worked for 14 wins and 6 loses this season, and a whole bunch of unnecessary close games
EscapoTHB
Suspended
And1: 1,249

Post#5 » by EscapoTHB » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:59 am

LeChosen1 wrote:
The_Dream wrote:I'm quite excited about our quick turnaround so far. We've been showing some defensive effort thus far and ironically, the Warriors game was a product of bad offense down the stretch.

Go Heat!

Outside of 1 game(the hornets) the defense has looked the same, **** for first 40min and try to turn it on last 8 which has worked for 14 wins and 6 loses this season, and a whole bunch of unnecessary close games

I disagree. We played good defense since the knicks loss. Definitely getting back to good habits. Our shooters are in slumps now though so its not showing up in the differentials yet but it will.

That warriors team is damn good right now.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,368

Post#6 » by RexBoyWonder » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:34 pm

The coasting thing is killing the regular season for me. if we won't try to play hard, and we won't try to devolpe our young players or try anything new...then whatever. this all season is feeling like a one long wait for the playoffs right now.

Anyway, Mario better get out of his funk, it's getting sad. 39% shooting, 32% from 3. for a guy that his main job is to hit open shots and play defense. i dont think i can find a worst starting PG in the leauge this year. come on man. :roll:
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
DWadeno3
RealGM
And1: 2,941

Post#7 » by DWadeno3 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:24 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:The coasting thing is killing the regular season for me. if we won't try to play hard, and we won't try to devolpe our young players or try anything new...then whatever. this all season is feeling like a one long wait for the playoffs right now.

Anyway, Mario better get out of his funk, it's getting sad. 39% shooting, 32% from 3. for a guy that his main job is to hit open shots and play defense. i dont think i can find a worst starting PG in the leauge this year. come on man. :roll:

His problem is him stepping out of his role too much. He's not there to attack the basket and create for others. He's supposed to create a lot of ball pressure on the other team's PG and knock down open shots/drive the OPEN lanes to the basket on offense, that's it. While Cole is pulling back on his out-of-control plays, Mario is heading towards that direction for no reason. He's become a good player by just fulfilling his role, there's no need for him to step out of it.

#HeatLifer
Slot Machine
Head Coach
And1: 4,542

Post#8 » by Slot Machine » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:03 pm

DWadeno3 wrote:
His problem is him stepping out of his role too much. He's not there to attack the basket and create for others. He's supposed to create a lot ball pressure on the other team's PG and knock down open shots/drive the OPEN lanes to the basket on offense, that's it. While Cole is pulling back on his out-of-control plays, Mario is heading towards that direction for no reason. He's become a good player by just fulfilling his role, there's no need for him to step out of it.

You're exactly right, this is what I've been saying. He never looks to shoot form 3 point range anymore, he always tries driving and it almost never works. Unfortunately for us, looks like this is a classic case of Riley's "The Disease of More." Mario wants more driving opportunities and wants to be seen as more of a playmaker/better player rather than just a spot up shooter in the Derek Fisher mold. To me, it looks like he wants more recognition. He's stopped playing defense and if this keeps up, I would expect Cole to take his job. He's pretty much stopped doing all the little things we need him to do to win.

Anyway, if we lose this game, sound the alarm.
The Bunk wrote:God I hate this fraudulent clown.

I've never wanted to punch someone in the face so badly. Really hoping to run into him at a game one day. I won't hesitate.
ricochet
Banned User
And1: 18

Post#9 » by ricochet » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:39 pm

DWadeno3 wrote:
His problem is him stepping out of his role too much. He's not there to attack the basket and create for others. He's supposed to create a lot of ball pressure on the other team's PG and knock down open shots/drive the OPEN lanes to the basket on offense, that's it. While Cole is pulling back on his out-of-control plays, Mario is heading towards that direction for no reason. He's become a good player by just fulfilling his role, there's no need for him to step out of it.

This a gazillion times.. Just focus on defense.. stopping penetration.. and shoot your threes/open shots..
Don't try to overdo stuff..
narmerguy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,052

Post#10 » by narmerguy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:36 am

I hope the rematch against them goes better than the rematch against the Knicks :lol: It's unfortunate that against teams like these, winning doesn't really say much but losing does.
EscapoTHB
Suspended
And1: 1,249

Post#11 » by EscapoTHB » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:29 am

Chalm Down Bro wrote:
DWadeno3 wrote:
His problem is him stepping out of his role too much. He's not there to attack the basket and create for others. He's supposed to create a lot ball pressure on the other team's PG and knock down open shots/drive the OPEN lanes to the basket on offense, that's it. While Cole is pulling back on his out-of-control plays, Mario is heading towards that direction for no reason. He's become a good player by just fulfilling his role, there's no need for him to step out of it.

You're exactly right, this is what I've been saying. He never looks to shoot form 3 point range anymore, he always tries driving and it almost never works. Unfortunately for us, looks like this is a classic case of Riley's "The Disease of More." Mario wants more driving opportunities and wants to be seen as more of a playmaker/better player rather than just a spot up shooter in the Derek Fisher mold. To me, it looks like he wants more recognition. He's stopped playing defense and if this keeps up, I would expect Cole to take his job. He's pretty much stopped doing all the little things we need him to do to win.

To be fair Rio playing like that was a big reason we won a title last year. I like him driving like I like ray doing it. Keeps the defense off balance.

I think his injuries are behind his defensive woes.

DWadeno3
RealGM

Post#12 » by DWadeno3 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:11 am

EscapoTHB wrote:
Chalm Down Bro wrote:
DWadeno3 wrote:

To be fair Rio playing like that was a big reason we won a title last year. I like him driving like I like ray doing it. Keeps the defense off balance.

I think his injuries are behind his defensive woes.

The difference is, as I pointed out in my post, Ray drives the open lanes and takes advantage of people playing him too tightly/the defense focusing too much on our stars. Rio drives to the basket thinking he can finish the way D-Wade and LeBron do, which he simply isn't capable of.

#HeatLifer
RexBoyWonder
RealGM

Post#13 » by RexBoyWonder » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:30 pm

You guys are talking about Rio's drives, but what the **** is up with his shooting? he's getting the best open looks that any PG in the NBA gets, yet he's shooting a sad 32% from 3 and 39% from the field.

It's amazingly awful thay 3 years in the big3 era this organization still can't play an average Point guard and an average Center next to them.
DWadeno3
RealGM

Post#14 » by DWadeno3 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:02 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:You guys are talking about Rio's drives, but what the **** is up with his shooting? he's getting the best open looks that any PG in the NBA gets, yet he's shooting a sad 32% from 3 and 39% from the field.

It's amazingly awful thay 3 years in the big3 era this organization still can't play an average Point guard and an average Center next to them.

His shooting fell off during the ASW last year. I suppose it's the Daequan Cook syndrome. That's what I also meant about sticking to his role, as his key contribution to this team is spreading the floor and punishing opposing defenses for helping on the Big Three.

#HeatLifer
Sc0pe92
Sixth Man
And1: 597

Post#15 » by Sc0pe92 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:34 pm

I am disappointed about the limited use of Shard, Why doesnt spo play him?!?!
HEAT111
Veteran
And1: 1,803

Post#16 » by HEAT111 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:45 pm

Sc0pe92 wrote:I am disappointed about the limited use of Shard, Why doesnt spo play him?!?!

I believe because he's the chosen one. As weird as that sounds, I think he is just a weapon that's going to disrupt things later on the season.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM

Post#17 » by RexBoyWonder » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:49 pm

Sc0pe92 wrote:I am disappointed about the limited use of Shard, Why doesnt spo play him?!?!

He cant defend or rebound and has zero inside presence, which we need beacuse that's not Bosh's strength. Lewis should only play as a backup SF, but we have Miller to do that.

The real question is why doesnt he give our young centers, especially Harrellson, a chance.

It's not like they could do any worst then Haslem who cant score, defend, or even rebound anymore and is also undersized and slow.
Ratchet_Rio
Banned User
And1: 417

Post#18 » by Ratchet_Rio » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:27 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:He cant defend or rebound and has zero inside presence, which we need beacuse that's not Bosh's strength. Lewis should only play as a backup SF, but we have Miller to do that.

Well then based on this explanation Riles really dropped the ball, no? The team needs defense and rebounding so you sign a guy that you know does neither?
RexBoyWonder
RealGM

Post#19 » by RexBoyWonder » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:49 pm

Ratchet_Rio wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:He cant defend or rebound and has zero inside presence, which we need beacuse that's not Bosh's strength. Lewis should only play as a backup SF, but we have Miller to do that.

Well then based on this explanation Riles really dropped the ball, no? The team needs defense and rebounding so you sign a guy that you know does neither?

We got him for the Vetren minimum, it was a no risk move on our part. maybe once he gets in better shape he could defend better but i doubt it. i see no future for Lewis at PF next to Bosh. still, if Miller goes down again (or get amnestied after this year) Lewis could fill his role, he can still score.
Pimpwerx
Banned User
And1: 78

Post#20 » by Pimpwerx » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:09 pm

Yeah. I see Shard as an offense-only option right now. He's gonna have to prove that he can defend competently if he wants to make it back into the rotation. I guess Ray has proven that somehow, or at least brings more to the table than he gives away. I do expect Shard to get some burn tonight, if only because it's his former team. PEACE.

Return to Miami Heat