ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

RYgoBOOM
Bench Warmer
And1: 292

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#161 » by RYgoBOOM » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:00 pm

magicman123 wrote:Is Bledsoe the new flavor of the month?

6'1 195 Guard who can man handle most that guard him? Steals and blocks too? Kid is a future goat if the right opportunity arises.

If we could ship out a 2nd round pick, Tuan and Afflalolol I would do that deal in a heartbeat.

I wouldn't mind JJ starting if we had bledsoe because Eric deff makes up on D what we lost in afflalo
www.TheAutoSkin.com

Orlando's Elite Peelable Paint 1 stop shop!
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#162 » by Cigamodnalro » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:06 pm

RYgoBOOM wrote:

6'1 195 Guard who can man handle most that guard him? Steals and blocks too? Kid is a future goat if the right opportunity arises.

If we could ship out a 2nd round pick, Tuan and Afflalolol I would do that deal in a heartbeat.

I wouldn't mind JJ starting if we had bledsoe because Eric deff makes up on D what we lost in afflalo

I wouldn't go as far as to call him a future GOAT, but he does have the ability to be a shorter, slightly less dynamic Russell Westbrook if given the minutes and the usage. The guy did not have a very good RSCI rating heading into college (seven spots behind Maalik Wayns), but has improved every year since. I think he can potentially be a star pointguard in the right situation, but GOAT is greatly stretching it. His jumper needs considerable work, and he's never really logged heavy minutes before.
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,113

Post#163 » by Def Swami » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:30 pm

Brian K. Schmitz ‏@MagicInsider
Magic coach Jacque Vaughn says rookie Moe Harkless will remain in lineup. Then Vaughn needs Moe's teammates to get Moe the ball
RYgoBOOM
Bench Warmer

Post#164 » by RYgoBOOM » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:33 pm

Cigamodnalro wrote:
RYgoBOOM wrote:

I wouldn't go as far as to call him a future GOAT, but he does have the ability to be a shorter, slightly less dynamic Russell Westbrook if given the minutes and the usage. The guy did not have a very good RSCI rating heading into college (seven spots behind Maalik Wayns), but has improved every year since. I think he can potentially be a star pointguard in the right situation, but GOAT is greatly stretching it. His jumper needs considerable work, and he's never really logged heavy minutes before.

Ya I did a little past research on him as well from any 23+ minute games and he would drop 20+ with 8 boards and 5+ assts.

Also had 7 steals in a game lol

Also, his 3 ball doesn't seem to be a killer? Right now he's shooting the 3 at 38% compared to Jameers 31%
And at 50% FG vs Jameers 40%.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=-nN ... ature=fvwp ;)
www.TheAutoSkin.com

OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,136

Post#165 » by OrlChamps2030 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:48 pm

trebone wrote:He is not overly athletic, (Evans) and has rapidly declined since his rookie season, there is a chance he could return to that but unlikely after a few sub par seasons, at this point it is more realistic to see him as Beasley than Harden in terms of production. I actually liked the Stuckey reference because that is the type of player he is and you cant just take a chance at 10-12 million per especially on a rebuilding team such as ourselves for the HOPE that he regains it. A deal like that could set us back another 4 years of suckness.

Bahaha you really think it is too late for a 4th year player that spent 1 year in college to turn it around? Interesting. I guess we will have to agree to disagree. Mark Cuban and OJ Mayo will have to disagree as well. And I would say Mayo had even more trouble on the court than Evans did. And Stuckey's best year isn't as good as Tyreke's worst year so I don't agree with that comparison at all.

I'm just curious; how would Tyreke Evans at 10-12 mill set us BACK four years? It's not like we are building through free agency (although I can't say that assuredly, but that seems to be where all signs are pointing).
OrlChamps2030
General Manager

Post#166 » by OrlChamps2030 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:51 pm

RYgoBOOM wrote:
Cigamodnalro wrote:

Ya I did a little past research on him as well from any 23+ minute games and he would drop 20+ with 8 boards and 5+ assts.

Also, his 3 ball doesn't seem to be a killer? Right now he's shooting the 3 at 38% compared to Jameers 31%

I hope you're not implying Bledsoe is a better 3 point shooter than Jameer. Jameer takes 4 threes a game. Bledsoe takes 1 uncontested three a game. Use context. But yes I agree Bledsoe has a pretty nice upside and I could see him in the class of borderline all star pgs along with Lawson, Curry, Lowry, etc.
RYgoBOOM
Bench Warmer

Post#167 » by RYgoBOOM » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:50 pm

Zmill wrote:
RYgoBOOM wrote:
Cigamodnalro wrote:

I hope you're not implying Bledsoe is a better 3 point shooter than Jameer. Jameer takes 4 threes a game. Bledsoe takes 1 uncontested three a game. Use context. But yes I agree Bledsoe has a pretty nice upside and I could see him in the class of borderline all star pgs along with Lawson, Curry, Lowry, etc.

lol I was hoping most people would figure I wasn't saying Jameer is a worse shooter haha. I don't think Bledsoe's shooting is as broken as people are making it out to be though :)
www.TheAutoSkin.com

arsenal6106
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#168 » by arsenal6106 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:21 pm

KBergCBS: Trade scenarios involving Andrea Bargnani and/or Jose Calderon are on hold with Bargnani and starting PG Kyle Lowry injured, source said.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
Confidence Poll[/size][/color][/url]
RYgoBOOM
Bench Warmer

Post#169 » by RYgoBOOM » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:10 pm

I'd also like to throw this idea out there....

Do you guys see Brandon Jennings as a viable option for the future of our PG Position?
I love watching the kid play....he reminds me of AI in so many ways. I think his FG% would increase to 45+ if he were in a offense more like the magic are running.

The bucks seems like a treadmill 9th seed team so I can see them looking to get something for Bjenn before they let him walk. They didn't extend his contract this year to my surprise so IMO that screams that he won't be a buck next year.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJA1MwshFQ8[/youtube]
www.TheAutoSkin.com

AhaAha
Junior
And1: 15

Re: AW: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed 

Post#170 » by AhaAha » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:24 pm

In my opinion jennings is not a player to build around. He can't defend the pick and role at all and offensively all he does is shoot jumpers...he still can't finish with his right hand around the rim..therefore has to go through his left all the time...
in-limbo
Sixth Man
And1: 362

Post#171 » by in-limbo » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:50 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Last Guardian wrote:Can we end this trade Redick talk? It may very well happen but it is too depressing to think about. He should be Magic for life.

what is it with JJ and some of you. Career 9 ppg player. turned himself into a good role player, not a star but a role player, doesnt defend well, is a great shooter and now good passer. And he should be "Magic for life"?

Is it because he is a good looking, white player that people look at and say, with another 3-4 inches that could be me? I just dont get it. I dont hate on the kid, but i just dont get it.

Some of us don't care what color the guy is at all. Obviously casual lady fans notice that the guy is good looking, but me, a 42 year old guy don't really care what he looks like. Jameer and his last 2 coaches consider him one of or the best team defender on the Magic. Stan said he was the one guy on the floor who he knew he could count on to do what was asked of him. To call him a 9 point per game scorer is just using the stats to say something ****, obviously the JJ of today is better than that. You don't have to be a star player to have earned a spot on the team. He is a very solid role player that accepts and executes his role very well.

If there is a good trade for JJ thats fair then we should do it, but I can't help but wonder why some of you seem fine to trade the guy away for unproven picks. I mean is JJ gonna get a top 4 pick. What would be good enough for a guy that is a glue guy on your team and wants to only be here. No one on the current roster is safe but I certainly wouldn't give the guy away.
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#172 » by mhectorgato » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:31 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Last Guardian wrote:Can we end this trade Redick talk? It may very well happen but it is too depressing to think about. He should be Magic for life.

what is it with JJ and some of you. Career 9 ppg player. turned himself into a good role player, not a star but a role player, doesnt defend well, is a great shooter and now good passer. And he should be "Magic for life"?

Is it because he is a good looking, white player that people look at and say, with another 3-4 inches that could be me? I just dont get it. I dont hate on the kid, but i just dont get it.

NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Post#173 » by MagicStarwipe » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:15 pm

Watch him play and maybe you'll understand.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
Driguez
General Manager
And1: 2,010

Post#174 » by Driguez » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:18 am

tiderulz wrote:

"We all we got"- SVG
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,202

Post#175 » by thelead » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:25 am

I would like to keep JJ but some of you guys act as if he is as important/iconic to the magic as jordan was to the bulls (travis diener x 1,000,000)...
I want to hear all of your reactions if he walks this summer.

Edit: I don't know how tiderulz thinks JJ doesn't play d though. He has become a solid defender.
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,827

Post#176 » by Last Guardian » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:42 am

JJ is one of the best role players in the league. He is extremely valuable. But beyond that, he simply works really hard. And lmao at him being a bad defender....seriously? Do some of you even watch basketball? JJ is in the right place every time.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,269

Post#177 » by Bensational » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:42 am

i wonder if we'll look to get involved in a 3-way s&t this summer?

let's say Washington decide they want to add Al Jefferson to their team, but Utah don't want to take back any of their trash. maybe we could swing a deal of:

UTA: TPE
WAS: Jefferson
ORL: Okafor + WAS 2012 1st round pick

would depend on how highly everyone values the picks this year, which isn't very high, IMO, and which makes it more likely a team like Washington opt for a veteran.

doesn't have to apply to Washington, either. could apply to a bunch of teams.
RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#178 » by RickB-Orlando » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:12 am

MagicStarwipe wrote:Watch him play and maybe you'll understand.
OrlChamps2030
General Manager

Post#179 » by OrlChamps2030 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:07 am

tiderulz wrote:

6MOTY candidate. One of the most versatile offensive role players in the league. Plays solid team defense. Improves his game every year. Very intelligent. And he's one of the leaders of the team. And I'm multi-racial BTW, not white. I would say JJ made you look dumb tonight, but you already did that earlier when you made the white comment.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,609

Post#180 » by ChosenSavior » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:07 pm

RickB-Orlando wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:Watch him play and maybe you'll understand.

Return to Orlando Magic