Sergey Karasev

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,486

Sergey Karasev 

Post#1 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Jan 3, 2013 10:53 pm

Anyone know a lot about this guy? I just watched the DX video after seeing he was in their top 25, looks like a solid SF prospect. Nice size, 3pt range, craftiness and feel off the dribble seems to help him drive and get to the line even though he's not that fast. Starting SF upside?
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Re: Sergey Karasev 

Post#2 » by No-Man » Thu Jan 3, 2013 11:09 pm

High character guy, he's the son of the Triumph coach and former player, leader of his generation with the younger brother of Dmitry Kulagin.

Nice prospect, probably a 1st round pick if he declares, draft&stash, he needs experience and work with his body, he has made major strides with his 3pt shooting, aggresive, can take any shot now.

Great IQ and passing, average handles.
SlobbaN
Banned User
And1: 459

Post#3 » by SlobbaN » Fri Jan 4, 2013 6:15 am

Too raw for NBA. Everything is tailored for him and his play style in Triumph by his father. Average IQ and passing, streaky shooter, average at getting to the rim. 50-60 pick at best at this stage. Shved was 5 times the player at his age.
re49gb_2gho32fp
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#4 » by re49gb_2gho32fp » Fri Jan 4, 2013 11:48 am

If we accept the outlined offensive skills, can he guard a 3 in the nba?

Saw him once, did under no circumstances stick out as far as nba prospect goes.

My theory is that Givony really has a need to hype some random euro every draft, which is understandable given his agenda. He had Nedovic as a 1st for quite a while last year.
Not to mention the myriad of inadequate euro players he lists in the 2nd every year. He could probably cut the numbers in half.
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#5 » by pickIBL » Fri Jan 4, 2013 7:39 pm

Oh come on guys this teenager is having an outstanding year. If he was shooting a low percentage I'd say his father is playing favorites but that is clearly not the case. I got curious and saw some tape on this guy. He is not a jump out of the gym athlete but he will be capable at the 3 spot in the NBA as he continues to develop.

Look at what this teenager is doing in the PBL, VTB, and EuroCup. Isn't he the leading scorer in the PBL right now?

At 6'8 he looks to have a pretty respectable wingspan. He is not a jump out of the gym athlete, but his BB IQ has looked pretty good from what I have seen. He is a good passer for his position. As a rebounder for his position he is doing extremely well as a teenager in a man's league. This guy would fit right in on the Spurs or Jazz next year. First round pick... maybe DraftExp hypes random Euros... but Karasev can ball and should earn minutes in an NBA rotation. He is not a stasher... draft & sign. Looks to be a better prospect than Fournier that the Nuggets picked up last year... different players... but still.
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#6 » by No-Man » Fri Jan 4, 2013 8:07 pm

I have him at the Jazz pick from Golden St.
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#7 » by [RCG] » Sat Jan 5, 2013 12:20 am

Fischella wrote:High character guy, he's the son of the Triumph coach and former player, leader of his generation

:o that's quite epic.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
pohani komarac
Senior
And1: 148

Post#8 » by pohani komarac » Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:39 am

SlobbaN wrote:Too raw for NBA. Everything is tailored for him and his play style in Triumph by his father. Average IQ and passing, streaky shooter, average at getting to the rim. 50-60 pick at best at this stage. Shved was 5 times the player at his age.

not true

Shved had lot more upside then Karasev has, but he was not better then him at that stage

He plays like veteran and oly few prospects in europe play that level basketball at that age
N Ireland Nets
Lead Assistant
And1: 276

Post#9 » by N Ireland Nets » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:25 pm

In my opinion he plays like he is a lot older, which is obviously a positive thing. Poor looking defender but he could get better.

I could see the Brooklyn Nets being interested in drafting him. Prokhorov will know of him and he has talked about wanting to bring through some Russian's some day I believe, could be a good fit.

Return to NBA Draft