ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread XXI (12/13/12 - 02/06/13)

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Re: Official Trade Thread XXI (12/13/12 - present) 

Post#301 » by Nivek » Mon Jan 7, 2013 5:49 pm

deneem4 wrote:
nate33 wrote:
deneem4 wrote:Dwight is fake hurt, like gasol was til nash got back...lakers are experimenting different line ups to figure out problems...the lakers problem is defense...been that way since bynum was there
Adding a josh smith or kevin love or bargani wont help...dwight will sign with the nets next yr so I doubt the nets will trade away all their assets this yr to try and get him now...

I'm sorry but you have no idea what you are talking about. How are the Nets going to sign Dwight Howard when they have a payroll next year of $85M? Over the luxtax teams can only offer a reduced MLE of just $3M a year.

They will get rid of humpries and lopez

How?
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,063

Post#302 » by nate33 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:09 pm

deneem4 wrote:
nate33 wrote:I'm sorry but you have no idea what you are talking about. How are the Nets going to sign Dwight Howard when they have a payroll next year of $85M? Over the luxtax teams can only offer a reduced MLE of just $3M a year.

They will get rid of humpries and lopez

:banghead:

Even if they did, they STILL wouldn't have enough cap room for Howard.
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#303 » by Nivek » Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:28 pm

Wow, I hadn't even looked at the Nets salaries. They're at around $89.6 million already committed for next season. They're on the hook for $77.9 million the season after that and $72.8 million the year after that.

If they could somehow offload Lopez and Humphries without bringing back any salary, they'd be at $62.9 million in salary commitments. The cap will likely be around $59 million. Maybe they could do a sign & trade with the Lakers -- Humphries and Lopez for Howard?

They'd need some assurances that Howard was going to be fully healthy, however. This season, Lopez has been more productive than Howard.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#304 » by LyricalRico » Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:31 pm

Nivek wrote:Maybe they could do a sign & trade with the Lakers -- Humphries and Lopez for Howard?

Hey, didn't Orlando already turn every conceivable variation of that package down last summer? Man, that would be hilarious if BKN ended up getting Howard for that after all. LOL
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#305 » by nate33 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 8:34 pm

I started a thread on the Trade Board testing the waters on an Okafor trade. The goal was to get back expiring contracts. There were lots of pretty good offers. If fan consensus is a useful guide, Okafor looks movable. (Indeed, I would venture to say that, in general, GM's overvalue big men to a greater extent than fans do. So if the fans like it, the GM's almost surely do.)

Some intriguing ideas:

1. Okafor to Brooklyn, Humphries to Charlotte, Diop's expiring to DC. Saves us $6M instantly and dumps Okafor's 2nd year.

2. Okafor to Toronto for Calderon's expiring contract. Gives us a good backup PG and dumps Okafor's 2nd year.

3. Okafor to Philly, Kwame + Nick Young + Ivey to DC. Kwame has PO of $3M next year. The other two are expirings. We save about $3M instantly and get an offensive threat on the wing. It would be weird to have Young and Kwame back, but it would only be for a few months.

4. Okafor to Minnesota for Roy, Ridnoir and Steisma. They wanted Webster and a 2nd rounder to make that happen but that can probably be negotiated down some. We get Ridnoir as a useful backup for Wall for a couple of years. The other guys are expiring.

5. Another poster worked out a 3-way where we dump both Ariza and Okafor for expirings (including Calderon).

The bottom line is that it looks like Okafor is movable. I suspect that Ariza might be movable as well. Hopefully, Ted can get EG to undo his mistakes last season. If all goes well, this whole season could end up as one big blessing in disguise. We could go into the offseason with a top 5 pick and $15M in cap room.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#306 » by nate33 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 8:53 pm

^
Follow that up by trading Seraphin + Vesely + top 10 protected 1st for Cousins.

Then see if we can trade cap space straight up for Ryan Anderson (who plays the same position as Antonio Davis and may therefore not be a good fit given his contract.) Next year:

PG: Wall/Crawford
SG: Beal/Crawford
SF: Shabazz/Webster
PF: Nene/Anderson/Booker
C: Cousins/Nene

And cap room to spare.
popper
Veteran
And1: 361

Post#307 » by popper » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:21 pm

nate33 wrote:^

Then see if we can trade cap space straight up for Ryan Anderson (who plays the same position as Antonio Davis and may therefore not be a good fit given his contract.) Next year:

And cap room to spare.

I would jump with joy if we could make this happen.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,864

Post#308 » by TGW » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:28 pm

And cap room to spare.

Damn, Antonio Davis is making a comeback? :D
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#309 » by nate33 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:35 pm

Good genes.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,824

Post#310 » by tontoz » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:43 pm

nate33 wrote: If all goes well, this whole season could end up as one big blessing in disguise. We could go into the offseason with a top 5 pick and $15M in cap room.

I think hands slipped something into nate's coolaid.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#311 » by nate33 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:52 pm

tontoz wrote:
nate33 wrote: If all goes well, this whole season could end up as one big blessing in disguise. We could go into the offseason with a top 5 pick and $15M in cap room.

I think hands slipped something into nate's coolaid.

The difference is that I wouldn't credit EG for it. I would still demand that he be fired for his incompetence. That fact that he lucked into a mulligan doesn't excuse his incompetence last offseason. I'm just saying we may as well benefit from his incompetence leading us to another tank season and another high pick. Then just dump EG and hire a real GM to complete the rebuild.

All that said, I do think the doom and gloom around here is a bit excessive. I think the biggest reason for the negative feelings is that there were expectations for success because of the "win now" moves made with respect to Okafor and Ariza. If those moves were never made and this instead looked like a planned tank year, things wouldn't seem so bad.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,062

Post#312 » by Dat2U » Mon Jan 7, 2013 10:57 pm

And cap room to spare.

I likes. Still would try to move Nene because I don't trust his availability but I like it a lot.
MikeTheKid
Head Coach
And1: 4,213

Post#313 » by MikeTheKid » Mon Jan 7, 2013 11:02 pm

popper wrote:

And cap room to spare.

I would jump with joy if we could make this happen.

Too bad its the Wizards and EG is the GM
Illuminaire
Veteran
And1: 606

Post#314 » by Illuminaire » Mon Jan 7, 2013 11:09 pm

My doom and gloom is entirely predicated on the incompetence of the team's decision makers. Change the leadership, and I'll sing a different tune.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,824

Post#315 » by tontoz » Tue Jan 8, 2013 12:03 am

nate33 wrote:I would still demand that he be fired for his incompetence. That fact that he lucked into a mulligan doesn't excuse his incompetence last offseason. I'm just saying we may as well benefit from his incompetence leading us to another tank season and another high pick. Then just dump EG and hire a real GM to complete the rebuild.

His incompetence is the reason why i don't think he will be able to take a lemon and make lemonade. Your moves operate under the assumption that EG can admit the Okariza trade/Vesely pick were bad ideas. I doubt this is the case.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,864

Post#316 » by TGW » Tue Jan 8, 2013 1:06 am

tontoz wrote:
nate33 wrote:I would still demand that he be fired for his incompetence. That fact that he lucked into a mulligan doesn't excuse his incompetence last offseason. I'm just saying we may as well benefit from his incompetence leading us to another tank season and another high pick. Then just dump EG and hire a real GM to complete the rebuild.

His incompetence is the reason why i don't think he will be able to take a lemon and make lemonade. Your moves operate under the assumption that EG can admit the Okariza trade/Vesely pick were bad ideas. I doubt this is the case.

Exactly. Just a few months ago, they were claiming they were making a "clever" trade. I don't see how a egotistical guy like Ted Leonsis is going to just take that back.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,428

Post#317 » by mhd » Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:06 am

My latest:

Cavs trade Varajeo+Gibson+Walton+Casspi for Emeka+Barnes+Jefferson
GSW trade Barnes+Jefferson for Varajeo+Ariza
Wiz trade Emeka+Ariza for Walton+Gibson+Casspi

WHY FOR THE WARRIORS? They go for it now. Varajeo gives them a huge upgrade in the frontcourt with Bogut's uncertainty. Moreover, Ariza gives them a defensive wing that they lack on the roster now.

WHY FOR THE CAVS? They get Barnes to be the SF of the future alongside Waiters and Kyrie. Moreover, Emeka can hold down the fort at Center until their pick (which likely will be a big) is ready for primetime. They hold off FA for one more year as Emeka and RJ expires after 2013-2014.

WHY FOR THE WIZ? They get expirings, plain and simple.
rl25g
Junior
And1: 30

Post#318 » by rl25g » Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:13 am

let's just say for kicks Nene, Crawford and Martin sat out tonight because they are being traded ( i know, that is more than probably untrue.) What is the best semi-realistic trade that package can get ?

Nene, Crawford, Martin, 2013 1st to Minnesota for Love, Lee.

Minnesota trades the disgruntled Love for Nene, immediate wing help, and a high draft pick in the draft. They try and salvage the season due to injuries. The Wiz get a legit star and try a big 3 of Love, Beal, and Wall.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#319 » by nate33 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:26 am

TGW wrote:
tontoz wrote:His incompetence is the reason why i don't think he will be able to take a lemon and make lemonade. Your moves operate under the assumption that EG can admit the Okariza trade/Vesely pick were bad ideas. I doubt this is the case.

Exactly. Just a few months ago, they were claiming they were making a "clever" trade. I don't see how a egotistical guy like Ted Leonsis is going to just take that back.

I dunno. EG could spin it as if it was the plan all along. Instead of pay Rashard Lewis not to play, the plan was to pay the same amount of money to Okafor and Ariza to play 2/3rds of a season and then flip them for expirings.
deneem4
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,197

Post#320 » by deneem4 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:12 am

I was thinking the same thing about Martin, nene, crawford, maybe singleton as well
...based on those 4. ..we'll be trading for a forward and/or guard

I think potential partners
Wolves (love)
Sixers (t. Young ???) *best for wizards
Kings (cousins) *wishful thinking
Lakers (pau) *good chance
Rockets (needs a nene)
Nets (humpries ??)
Celtics (green/lee??)
Bulls (boozer ??)

Or maybe a multi team trade with bucks and grizzlies ?
Ellis grizz
Nene bucks
Gay wiz
Pay your beals....or its lights out!!!
Bron, Bosh, Wade is like Mike, Hakeem, barkley...3 top 5 picks from same draft
mike, hakeem and Barkley on the same team!!!!

Return to Washington Wizards