ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Alex Jones freaks out on CNN

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Brooklyn_Yards
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,322

OT: Alex Jones freaks out on CNN 

Post#1 » by Brooklyn_Yards » Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:19 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWQPZ-taYBs[/youtube]

So I've been loosely following AJ for years because my bf is a CT and here's another one of his EPIC rants, this guy sounds like all the other freakjobs afraid of loosing their precious weapons,
BAT 14.0 Utah Jazz
PG: Toney Parker
SG: Jimmy Butler
SF:
PF:
C: Nikola Vucevic
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,537

Re: OT: Alex Jones freaks out on CNN 

Post#2 » by ComboGuardCity » Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:25 am

I don't care about your stance on the issue, but Alex Jones just made himself look terrible.

:rofl:
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,540

Post#3 » by ctorres » Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:38 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAtF4XZ3unI[/youtube]
bballfanatic81
Freshman
And1: 52

Post#4 » by bballfanatic81 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:56 am

i think most people misunderstand alex jones. he's not a crazed lunatic conspiracy theorist. he's just very adamant about protecting the american constitution and the rights of all citizens. when president jfk was still alive (a few days before his assassination), he gave a speech where he warned about covert groups inside his own government seeking to remove power from the people.

anyhow, Brooklyn_Yards, in my eyes, alex jones has all the credibility in the world. he correctly predicted the 9/11 attacks a few weeks before they occurred (see his broadcoast below). the erosion of all american rights the past few decades should be of concern to all citizens as well.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8Hk1-BpXO8[/youtube]
East_Coast wrote:Now that he's a #1 option, we'll see how Harden does. I've said for over a year that he was overrated because of his situation, and that if traded he would be exposed.

^ LoL. man...
KnicksChamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,297

Post#5 » by KnicksChamps » Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:10 am

I understand the yelling and trying to be the dominant person in the situation, even though I don't agree with his stance on the issue. I get that he wants his point heard loud and clear, but when he starts to poke fun at Piers' accent is when I started to get angry with this guy. That is so childish.
No35
Sixth Man
And1: 613

Post#6 » by No35 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:16 am

bballfanatic81 wrote:i think most people misunderstand alex jones. he's not a crazed lunatic conspiracy theorist. he's just very adamant about protecting the american constitution and the rights of all citizens. when president jfk was still alive (a few days before his assassination), he gave a speech where he warned about covert groups inside his own government seeking to remove power from the people.

anyhow, Brooklyn_Yards, in my eyes, alex jones has all the credibility in the world. he correctly predicted the 9/11 attacks a few weeks before they occurred (see his broadcoast below). the erosion of all american rights the past few decades should be of concern to all citizens as well.

Well, we now know why you signed up, ballboy.
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,482

Post#7 » by ATTL » Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:22 am

Wow that was painful.
blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 994

Post#8 » by blue and orange » Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:28 am

That was funny as hell, even though Jones is an **** I already knew what to expect having listened to Alex Jones before and CNN is stupid enough to bring AJ into their studio, did they really think it would be a casual conversation. CNN gave him exactly what he wanted which is publicity.
bballfanatic81
Freshman

Post#9 » by bballfanatic81 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:30 am

No35 wrote:
bballfanatic81 wrote:i think most people misunderstand alex jones. he's not a crazed lunatic conspiracy theorist. he's just very adamant about protecting the american constitution and the rights of all citizens. when president jfk was still alive (a few days before his assassination), he gave a speech where he warned about covert groups inside his own government seeking to remove power from the people.

Well, we now know why you signed up, ballboy.

you mean signing up on a sports forum last year because i enjoy talking sports?

well, just for you, no35:
perhaps a dose of Martin Luther King Jr's family calling out the us government for conspiring to assassinate the greatest civil rights leader in us history was just a mirage?

no mirage, his family's own words on their victorious 1999 verdict against the us government:

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1999-1 ... assination

some chosen words from the lovely widow Coretta Scott King as well, taken directly from the king family website. you go girl? http://www.thekingcenter.org/assassinat ... racy-trial :

"There is abundant evidence of a major high level conspiracy in the assassination of my husband, Martin Luther King, Jr. And the civil court's unanimous verdict has validated our belief. I wholeheartedly applaud the verdict of the jury and I feel that justice has been well served in their deliberations. This verdict is not only a great victory for my family, but also a great victory for America. It is a great victory for truth itself. It is important to know that this was a SWIFT verdict, delivered after about an hour of jury deliberation. The jury was clearly convinced by the extensive evidence that was presented during the trial that, in addition to Mr. Jowers, the conspiracy of the Mafia, local, state and federal government agencies, were deeply involved in the assassination of my husband. The jury also affirmed overwhelming evidence that identified someone else, not James Earl Ray, as the shooter, and that Mr. Ray was set up to take the blame."
East_Coast wrote:Now that he's a #1 option, we'll see how Harden does. I've said for over a year that he was overrated because of his situation, and that if traded he would be exposed.

^ LoL. man...
StojkoVrankovic
RealGM
And1: 9,600

Post#10 » by StojkoVrankovic » Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:53 am

ummmmm, no

Alex Jones is a laughingstock in the conspiracy world. The only place that stands behind him are the drones who post on infowars, his personal dumping ground. There are websites dedicated to everything that he has gotten wrong, you would be hard pressed to find anything of substance that he predicted. The biggest conspiracy site around, abovetopsecret, shuns this clown

The YouTube clip you posted does not show that crazy jones predicted 9/11 by the way
RIP texas celtic, 12/10/14 - 12/10/14
bballfanatic81
Freshman

Post#11 » by bballfanatic81 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:09 am

StojkoVrankovic wrote:

ummmmm, no

Alex Jones is a laughingstock in the conspiracy world. The only place that stands behind him are the drones who post on infowars, his personal dumping ground. There are websites dedicated to everything that he has gotten wrong, you would be hard pressed to find anything of substance that he predicted. The biggest conspiracy site around, abovetopsecret, shuns this clown

The YouTube clip you posted does not show that crazy jones predicted 9/11 by the way

the clip proves jones was warning of a large scale imminent terrorist attack on american soil in the weeks preceding september 11th (in fact, many nations are on record warning the US as well). you may disagree with his views that it was an inside job attack, but don't look foolish in denying the basic fact he made the call.

i'm a bit curious if anyone laughing at jones has will acknowledge the martin luther king links i posted above. is the king family's victorious verdict against the us government for assassinating King a mirage? maybe you feel the martin luther king family is "crazy" like jones?

^ LoL. man...
kam_soluusar
Sixth Man
And1: 112

Post#12 » by kam_soluusar » Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:22 am

Just remember, when your constitution was written, that they didn't have tactical assault rifles available.

The right to arm yourselves, was not a progressive part of the American Constitution. People were running around with Muskett rifles etc when it was written. So if every American wants the right to own a Muskett rifle, well I think you'll find that gun crime may go down.

This is a very hot topic in Australia. Martin Bryant gunned down 36 people in Port Arthur, Tasmania. Semi Auto rifles were amnestied before a blanket ban. Serious penalties for illegal firearms in Australia. We've never had a mass murder/shooting spree since. Hell, I got in trouble from customs for trying to buy two airsoft BB pistols from America off Ebay. Plastic Toy guns are not allowed to be sold in black in Australia, that's how serious it is!!!
"I don't think Michael had to retire for us to get the spotlight, because when you win, it commands attention."
Hakeem Olajuwon
bballfanatic81
Freshman

Post#13 » by bballfanatic81 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:41 am

kam_soluusar wrote:Just remember, when your constitution was written, that they didn't have tactical assault rifles available.

The right to arm yourselves, was not a progressive part of the American Constitution. People were running around with Muskett rifles etc when it was written. So if every American wants the right to own a Muskett rifle, well I think you'll find that gun crime may go down.

This is a very hot topic in Australia. Martin Bryant gunned down 36 people in Port Arthur, Tasmania. Semi Auto rifles were amnestied before a blanket ban. Serious penalties for illegal firearms in Australia. We've never had a mass murder/shooting spree since. Hell, I got in trouble from customs for trying to buy two airsoft BB pistols from America off Ebay. Plastic Toy guns are not allowed to be sold in black in Australia, that's how serious it is!!!

Bryant could've brought a few pistols & rounds of ammunition, and the result would've been similar. Same with the mass shooting sprees in the states. Take away all rifles-guns, and you'll still have the same nutjobs building bombs or inflicting damage with knives and other deadly weaponry. imagine the elementary school shooting with the nutjob using knives instead of a gun. the children still wouldn't have stood a chance, and nobody would've heard the commotion.

i'll always side with the constitution. mass shootings aren't new. see the texas campus tower shooting 50 years ago. the majority should not be punished heavily for the actions of a statistical few.

^ LoL. man...
Never Wrong
Banned User
And1: 496

Post#14 » by Never Wrong » Tue Jan 8, 2013 12:29 pm

Even though I do support more gun control, this man has a point and if he wasn't screaming the whole time he probably would've obliterated Piers in this debate. Piers kept asking for the gun violence statistics of Britain vs. the US, which would be irrelevant in the debate anyway. Of course gun violence statistics would be lower in a place with less guns. That's like comparing overall electricity usage in a place with no electricity. Alex Jones's argument was that it lowered total crime, which is the statistic that would matter in this argument.
Never Wrong
Banned User
And1: 496

Post#15 » by Never Wrong » Tue Jan 8, 2013 12:38 pm

bballfanatic81 wrote:Bryant could've brought a few pistols & rounds of ammunition, and the result would've been similar. Same with the mass shooting sprees in the states. Take away all rifles-guns, and you'll still have the same nutjobs building bombs or inflicting damage with knives and other deadly weaponry. imagine the elementary school shooting with the nutjob using knives instead of a gun. the children still wouldn't have stood a chance, and nobody would've heard the commotion.

i'll always side with the constitution. mass shootings aren't new. see the texas campus tower shooting 50 years ago. the majority should not be punished heavily for the actions of a statistical few.

A person with a knife can be stopped. It's not like it was just kids in that building. There were plenty of adults that could've taken him down. Even if all he had was a pistol, he would not have killed nearly as many. Guns are killing machines. They serve no other purpose than to take lives. Why do people always talk about the Constitution like it's infallible? Like it was divinely inspired. The amendment process is there for a reason. Attitudes, cultures, societies, circumstances...they all change over time and the Constitution isn't exempt from change.
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,307

Post#16 » by cgmw » Tue Jan 8, 2013 12:40 pm

I had never even heard of this joker before. I'd be curious to see a demographic breakdown of education levels among his fans. Screaming ignorance only works when you're screaming at the ignorant.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
JoseChinga
Banned User
And1: 23

Post#17 » by JoseChinga » Tue Jan 8, 2013 1:22 pm

Alex Jones is a moron with a close minded view on things, the world would be a more manageable and efficient place if people like him didn't exist.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdb3rLGw4qk[/youtube]
NYKhooligan
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#18 » by NYKhooligan » Tue Jan 8, 2013 1:29 pm

Alex Jones speaks the truth. Thats why hes radio show has millions of followers daily around the nation. Stick to mainstream media guys.
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,307

Post#19 » by cgmw » Tue Jan 8, 2013 1:31 pm

NYKhooligan wrote:Alex Jones speaks the truth. Thats why hes radio show has millions of followers daily around the nation. Stick to mainstream media guys.

The only people who speak the "truth" are biologists, physicists, mathematicians and chemists. And millions of cult followers don't flock to them.

The "truth" has nothing to do with this guy's success as a talking head.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
JoseChinga
Banned User
And1: 23

Post#20 » by JoseChinga » Tue Jan 8, 2013 1:41 pm

cgmw wrote:
NYKhooligan wrote:Alex Jones speaks the truth. Thats why hes radio show has millions of followers daily around the nation. Stick to mainstream media guys.

The only people who speak the "truth" are biologists, physicists, mathematicians and chemists. And millions of cult followers don't flock to them.

The "truth" has nothing to do with this guy's success as a talking head.

/end thread.

Return to New York Knicks