ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA part 2

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 28,316

Re: Around the NBA part 2 

Post#881 » by HerSports85 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:35 am

Quick Kick wrote:
kakaman wrote:Image

who cares, Felton does this all the time when he's healthy

why dont you post up gifs of his 7 turnovers?

Yea, I don't see what's soo special about this due to the fact it's against a slow Ron Artest. Now if it's against Westbrook, Chris paul or someone then I'll say good crossover and layup.
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
Bill Bradley
RealGM
And1: 2,407

Post#882 » by Bill Bradley » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:36 am

Quick Kick wrote:
kakaman wrote:Image

who cares, Felton does this all the time when he's healthy

why dont you post up gifs of his 7 turnovers?

...or his 4 steals or 6 rebounds.
HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 28,316

Post#883 » by HerSports85 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:38 am

Bill Bradley wrote:Lin and Rockets haters out in full force. Most of the posters on this board had the Rockets pegged as the worst team in the league this season. Now it's "they are good but not built for the playoffs" and "but, but, Lin has a lot of turnovers".

I think a lot of people said this before they got harden, and they were right. Replace harden with K martin and I believe they're 9th seed. Be realistic, having your point guard turn the ball over 7 times is disaster in the playoffs. Not to mention his inconsistency.

With that said, as i stated, the offense run smooth, the defense is suspect ... do you disagree?

:roll: :roll:

Guess you a "hater" and out in "full force" if mention anything negative about lin on a Knicks site... smh.
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
Nono
Banned User
And1: 65

Post#884 » by Nono » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:40 am

Well if you constantly only say negative things, then yes you are a hater.
KnickSon75
Bench Warmer
And1: 371

Post#885 » by KnickSon75 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:42 am

Confused by all the Lin/Houston love in this thread? Do they not let Knick fans post on the Houston board? Yall can always head over there and drop all kinds of gifs/youtubeclips/jpegs/tweets/fan mail/poetry and I think they would appreciate it more and give yah better conversation then we would give. Or should we change the name of this thread to "Whats Lin doing tonight that he could have been doing for us"? dudes gone lol
#BirdIsTheWord #KickinDaAfrolistics #GregBradyCrew #AllProNBASoulGlow #TheYoungestOneInCurls
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#886 » by Thugger HBC » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:45 am

The thread is for player analysis, news and game reactions and items not normally related to the Knicks.

Please show a little respect and keep it strictly on the post and not the posters themselves.

Thank you and good night.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
Bill Bradley
RealGM
And1: 2,407

Post#887 » by Bill Bradley » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:46 am

HerSports85 wrote:
Bill Bradley wrote:Lin and Rockets haters out in full force. Most of the posters on this board had the Rockets pegged as the worst team in the league this season. Now it's "they are good but not built for the playoffs" and "but, but, Lin has a lot of turnovers".

I think a lot of people said this before they got harden, and they were right. Replace harden with K martin and I believe they're 9th seed. Be realistic, having your point guard turn the ball over 7 times is disaster in the playoffs. Not to mention his inconsistency.

With that said, as i stated, the offense run smooth, the defense is suspect ... do you disagree?

:roll: :roll:

Guess you a "hater" and out in "full force" if mention anything negative about lin on a Knicks site... smh.

I just point out when people are stretching to bash a player. And the hate is unwarranted, especially when we are talking about a good character guy who played his heart out for the Knicks.

The offense runs smooth largely due to Lin. When he's not on the court, things get ugly fast. The defense is not suspect- it is average, which you would expect with this style of play.

Lin has fewer turnovers this season than Rondo, Westbrook, Knight, Curry, Holiday, Vasquez, and Lillard this season but you never hear anyone talk about their turnovers. And he is also among the league leaders in steals. With the Rockets style of play, you are going to have turnovers- Harden has more than Lin. Lin more than makes up for turnovers with his steals and rebounds.
Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,485

Post#888 » by Butch718 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:48 am

Holy crap. The Heat got out rebounded 55-36 tonight.
21shumpshumpst
Banned User
And1: 36

Post#889 » by 21shumpshumpst » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:49 am

Harden. That is the difference. Not lin, not asik, not parsons but Harden.

He is the reason they are in this position. I WISH they had never made that trade so you and your like would have disappeared.
Winseb
Junior
And1: 101

Post#890 » by Winseb » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:50 am

Was D'Antoni looking at the Rockets' offense with a face of envy? Save for the heavy use of pick and rolls the Rockets play like how D'Antoni wants the Lakers to play.
Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,485

Post#891 » by Butch718 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:50 am

:lol: This thread always gets derailed whenever the Rockets play.
Winseb
Junior

Post#892 » by Winseb » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:52 am

Butch718 wrote::lol: This thread always gets derailed whenever the Rockets play.

Yup, but everything's contained in this thread so I don't mind. Though it's a pain to sift through the posts to find comments about the other teams. :lol:
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,001

Post#893 » by god shammgod » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:53 am

Butch718 wrote::lol: This thread always gets derailed whenever the Rockets play.

it is amazing. it's like nothing else goes on in basketball.
3StarburyAriza21
Junior
And1: 6

Post#894 » by 3StarburyAriza21 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:03 am

Why does every Lin post turns into a Lin v Felton debate? We could've had both for $7 mil. Lin at $5 mil would've been one of the biggest bargains in the NBA this year; when the poison pill comes up he becomes an expiring contract. Lin's playing every bit as well as he did during Linsanity; the only reason his stats are worse is that Harden brings the ball up half the time so he doesn't get as many assists. And he's 23 and still has barely played one season worth of games. Dolan just gave that away for free, like he was selling a lottery pick. It's still infuriating. There is absolutely no reason why Lin shouldn't be helping this team win right now and in the long-term future.
Dudedude88
Junior
And1: 12

Post#895 » by Dudedude88 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:06 am

it was a big game cause everybody likes to see the Fakers lose. This game pretty much ends their playoff contention. They have to win like 66% of their games from this point on
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,001

Post#896 » by god shammgod » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:07 am

Dudedude88 wrote:it was a big game cause everybody likes to see the Fakers lose. This game pretty much ends their playoff contention. They have to win like 66% of there games after this point.

they're 3 back in the loss column of the last spot. it's early to call it over.
knicksnyk
Sixth Man
And1: 42

Post#897 » by knicksnyk » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:08 am

21shumpshumpst wrote:

Harden. That is the difference. Not lin, not asik, not parsons but Harden.

He is the reason they are in this position. I WISH they had never made that trade so you and your like would have disappeared.

Oh my. You are something else.

Anyway, The rockets play at the fastest pace in the NBA. turnovers aren't a problem. A lot of there turnovers is because of them trying to push the pace.
Wolfgang
Sophomore
And1: 4

Post#898 » by Wolfgang » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:09 am

Dudedude88 wrote:it was a big game cause everybody likes to see the Fakers lose. This game pretty much ends their playoff contention. They have to win like 66% of their games from this point on

Their season is over.
Winseb
Junior

Post#899 » by Winseb » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:14 am

god shammgod wrote:they're 3 back in the loss column of the last spot. it's early to call it over.

It might not have ended tonight, but I've got a feeling all hope will soon be lost in Lakerland.
Quick Kick
Banned User
And1: 123

Post#900 » by Quick Kick » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:16 am

KnickSon75 wrote:Confused by all the Lin/Houston love in this thread? Do they not let Knick fans post on the Houston board? Yall can always head over there and drop all kinds of gifs/youtubeclips/jpegs/tweets/fan mail/poetry and I think they would appreciate it more and give yah better conversation then we would give. Or should we change the name of this thread to "Whats Lin doing tonight that he could have been doing for us"? dudes gone lol

right?

but when he shoots 3-11 or 2-9 two or three games straight.....all you hear is crickets from these guys. They only show up when he has a good game once a week. Bill Bradley is the worst. Why do you come back here? You're a Houstonian now. Congrats. You no longer have ties to the Knicks. Clutchfans misses you.

Return to New York Knicks