ImageImageImage

Brian Burke fired

Moderator: Crowned

Ado05
RealGM
And1: 5,929

Brian Burke fired 

Post#1 » by Ado05 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:27 pm

Listening to Hockey Central at noon right now and they are saying that Burke has been fired.

Kypreos has just confirmed!

Brian Burke has been fired.
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,384

Re: Rumour: Brian Burke fired 

Post#2 » by YogiStewart » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:33 pm

not a rumour.
wow.
much deserved, in my opinion.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,176

Re: Brian Burke fired 

Post#3 » by LLJ » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:34 pm

Weird timing.
Lord_Zedd
RealGM
And1: 19,759

Post#4 » by Lord_Zedd » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:36 pm

Wow I'm actually shocked. Didn't think MLSE would do something this drastic considering the things Burke has gotten away with.

Glad the Leafs are finally doing something right for once. Gives me hope that B Colon Jellos crimes will be accounted for as well
Ado05
RealGM

Post#5 » by Ado05 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:38 pm

Bad move, bad timing, imo.

At least give him 20 or so games.
Brew666
Junior
And1: 22

Post#6 » by Brew666 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:39 pm

Wow and yeah weird timing. Something must've triggered it unless if it was horrible planning by MLSE.

Wonder how Carlyle is feeling now
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,047

Post#7 » by The_Hater » Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:16 pm

Adrian_05 wrote:Bad move, bad timing, imo.

The timing is definitely bad but doing it after only 20 games of the season would have been worse. If the board doesn't trust him to make the right decisions anymore why would they still let him re-shape the team before the season starts? That just ties the hands of whoever takes over in 20 games.

As I've debated with you in the past, I think Burke has been awful but if the board was gong to fire him, it should have been done last summer. They can deny it all they want but obviously something that happened this past weak triggered all this.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Ado05
RealGM

Post#8 » by Ado05 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:31 pm

The_Hater wrote:
Adrian_05 wrote:Bad move, bad timing, imo.

The timing is definitely bad but doing it after only 20 games of the season would have been worse. If the board doesn't trust him to make the right decisions anymore why would they still let him re-shape the team before the season starts? That just ties the hands of whoever takes over in 20 games.

As I've debated with you in the past, I think Burke has been awful but if the board was gong to fire him, it should have been done last summer. They can deny it all they want but obviously something that happened this past weak triggered all this.

I dont think the board didnt trust him to make trades, but the fact that he didnt make trades.

From what ive understood, this year was the year that BB had to make the playoffs or else he would be fired. With 20 games, you can give him time to make a trade, and you can see where the team is (in the standings).

But I do think that if they didnt want to give him some time, then they shouldve fired him last summer.
chargerxthirty
Sixth Man
And1: 792

Post#9 » by chargerxthirty » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:10 pm

Horrible firing.

Way to go Bell Canada.

Congratulations George Cope, you have enough ownership stake to push people around, namely the Tanenbaums.

A serious congrats to George Cope.... wow George, do all the other kids look up to you now? You **** loser.
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,384

Post#10 » by YogiStewart » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:22 am

It is funny to see certain toronto sportwriters clearly not understand how to use Twitter.

steve buffery ‏@Beezersun
Apparently it's not true. Apparently Burke had a vascetomy (sic) years ago. Or so I've been told

1h steve buffery ‏@Beezersun
That's the rumour.

think Beezer was drying to DM someone about Burke. so i guess the pregnancy rumours won't go away. not a reason for sudden dismissal, though

Return to Toronto Maple Leafs