Report: Leafs sign Mike Mottau

Moderator: Crowned

Ado05
RealGM
And1: 5,931

Report: Leafs sign Mike Mottau 

Post#1 » by Ado05 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:25 am

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
When MOU is signed and legal to sign players, TOR will sign defenceman Mike Mottau to a contract. Also, reported earlier, Cody Franson.

Good depth move.
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Re: Report: Leafs sign Mike Mottau 

Post#2 » by whysoserious » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:03 pm

Maybe a good depth move, but every move the Leafs make of late is a depth move. Go get some real talent, front line talent. I know it's too late in the game for this season really but still.
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,402

Post#3 » by YogiStewart » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:11 am

whysoserious wrote:Maybe a good depth move, but every move the Leafs make of late is a depth move. Go get some real talent, front line talent. I know it's too late in the game for this season really but still.

you make it sound so easy.
how does one "get" this talent that you speak of?
either you draft for it or give up something to get something back.
considering that Burke pissed away 2 high 1st round picks, the Leafs' minor system is not too shabby. not nearly as good as what some people make it out to be (Colborne will never pan out, Kadri is a 2nd line player, tops), but better than before
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#4 » by whysoserious » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:36 am

YogiStewart wrote:
whysoserious wrote:Maybe a good depth move, but every move the Leafs make of late is a depth move. Go get some real talent, front line talent. I know it's too late in the game for this season really but still.

you make it sound so easy.
how does one "get" this talent that you speak of?
either you draft for it or give up something to get something back.
considering that Burke pissed away 2 high 1st round picks, the Leafs' minor system is not too shabby. not nearly as good as what some people make it out to be (Colborne will never pan out, Kadri is a 2nd line player, tops), but better than before

I'm no expert on how to make moves. It's easy to armchair it from here as we fans do. I'm just pointing out that we still lack any presence down the middle after 4 years of Burke, Bozak is still poised to be the number one centre and we still have no goalie yet we're signing depth defensemen. Necessary in terms of team management but not doing anything to address the issues this team has.

Return to Toronto Maple Leafs